Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had surgery yesterday, every time I take a sip of water now..

Is it normal because its still this early? I had the surgery done yesterday (7/22). When I try to sip anything now, as soon as it hits my stomach, it starts hurting and feels like its cramping or rolling around.

Is there anything to be worried about?

Hi!

Congratulations on your surgery. I had mine 17 days ago. I don't think there's anything to worry about, because your stomach is still very swollen after the operation. I felt the same thing the first few days, but it kept getting better, and I don't have this feeling anymore. Try to take very small sips. I starte with ice chips to make sure very little Water came into my stomach at a time.

Good luck! Just know that this phase is the hardest, and things will just get better everyday. I have already lost 17 pounds and I feel great now. I was not this optimistic the 1st week:).

I hope you feel better soon.

Is it normal because its still this early? I had the surgery done yesterday (7/22). When I try to sip anything now, as soon as it hits my stomach, it starts hurting and feels like its cramping or rolling around.

Is there anything to be worried about?

Well it sounds pretty normal to me. I felt every little thing that went down into that area for at least 2 months. It felt so good when I got to start eating warm creamed Soups. Of course just mention to your doctor as a precaution but it doesnt sound odd to me at all.

Congratulations I was also sleeved on July 22. I was able to drink 3 oz broth that was a little colder than room temp and a little orange sorbet I've also eaten ice chips very slowly it took me well over an hour to eat the broth. Good luck and Eat slowly I was eating only a teaspoon at a time even though the nurse said I could do an ounce every ten minutes. Slow and steady wins the race

Mine did that and nothing helped. After a round a week, I ended up feeling pretty bad from avoiding liquids so I went to the hospital. They hydrated me through an IV for a few days and after that I was much better. There wasn't anything wrong with me or my sleeve. I just had a lot of swelling and I have no tolerance for pain. What you're experiencing is completely normal. Hang in there.

I had my surgery on July 18th and the same thing happened to me. It sounds like it is completely normal. For me, it only lasted a day or so and I found that it helped when I drank very small sips and sitting up. Even if I was on a slight incline, I felt the pain. I am now 6 days out and can drink cold or warm liquids with very little problems. I think it all gets better, just hang in there and keep drinking so you stay hydrated.