Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Don't regret doing this BUT I feel like crap! I know it will get better but it never happens fast enough dry.gif

Sleeved 7-19-11 at 7 a.m. My back hurts, I am shaky and dizzy when I stand up. My chest muscles hurt too. I'm working on the liquids and Protein but not quite there yet. Its so hard to walk much feeling like this.

I don't feel like I'm totally awake every day. I hope this doesn't last to long. I'm assuming this is all normal, I'd like any input you all might have.

Thanks!

I'm guessing you're on Clear Liquids at the mo and that part sucks.

I felt tired for about the first month post-op, but I'd say that's to do with anesthetic more than anything.

Just take things easy and try and not push yourself too much. You should have some more energy when you get to go on to full liquids and that will hopefully help with the light headedness.

Hang in there and take you analgesics if you need them. I hope you feel a lot better soon! wink.gif

Hello, I was also sleeved on the morning of 7/19. I did great at first, but started having nausea late Thursday night after I got home. I've just been trying to hold myself together since. I don't know how anyone gets so much down. I am just doing the best I can, trying to stay hydrated and optimistic. I have lost 11 pounds since surgery. I'm trying not to stress my family. I just want to curl up in my bed and get comfortable so much, but I can't find a good position. The moral here is that we just had major surgery and healing takes time. Hanging in here. Sometime soon we will feel better.

So sorry you aren't feeling better. Personally, I was allowed to go to full liquid & purees on day 3 post op - once I did that I started feeling 100% better. I hope you get feeling better soon.

Thanks for the encouraging words...it's easier to deal with when you know it's normal and will get better.

We'll just hang in there and before we know it we'll be exchanging all the positives that will come!

I was sleeved on the 19th also. I am really struggling to get everything down. I was trying really hard this morning, but now I have absolutely no interest in drinking anything else. But, I know I have to. I get this horrible pain in the center of my chest and then I have to burp and then it feels like it goes down. But, the pain is awful. I am actually amazed that I have been able to stay awake all day so far today. I just try to remember that I am only 4 days post op and I had major surgery, I need to take it easy.

I know what you mean. My chest muscles hurt so bad I asked doc about possibly having pneumonia but he said my lungs sounded good. I keep trying to burp but can't. I just feel gas bubbling up but not getting out. No amount of research could have prepared me for this. Gas-x strips work for about 20 minutes but then back to the gurgling. Wish we could FFward a couple months.

I was sleeved on the 5th, I had the chest pain and could not take deep breaths and my pulse ox was so low they kept running in to remind me to breathe! I had to practice taking long,slow ,deep breaths. About 10 an hour. The doc said that slowly expanding the lungs will push the bubbles out of the chest and abdomen and it did help. Hang in there! If you are really lightheaded, maybe the pain meds are not liking you much. Tell the doc. It will be better soon. Also, I was told to drink one oz of Protein every 15 or 20 mins. I couldn't take the sweet Protein Shakes so I used chicken broth and stirred unflavored protein into it.

During my post-op testing the respiratory therapist gave me an incentive spirometer. I will have to start using it 2 weeks prior to surgery, 4xday and then I have to take it to the hospital with me. They said that the risk of pneumonia is really high post-op so they want people to remember to exercise their lungs (since it's harder to take deep breaths post-op). If you don't have a spirometer it might be a good idea to maybe try to get one?

Hello all, I hope my sleeve sisters are feeling better. Oh, lovmyboys I also have the burping issue and gas x only helps a little.

Thanks for all of the other well wishes and help here!

I am trying so hard. It seems that Sonic crushed ice is saving me at the moment. I checked my blood sugar this evening and it was 230! Yikes! I was hoping for much

better. The PA told me stress from surgery often causes this.

Nancy, I too can have creamy Soups and other full liquids

now. I tried a Protein shake with skim milk today, but my tastes have really changed and I can't handle anything sweet. Do you have any suggestions? I've just got to find something that my sleeve likes. I think it would help my nausea/raw feeling and weakness.