Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have heard people say how fast they gow through the sizes and to not buy much of any one size. How fast do you find you are going through bra sizes? I have recently found a bra that is SOOOO comfortable for me. I only own one of these and am so tempted to go buy another. I could try to buy a smaller size but well it gets alittle more complicated when you are dealing with band size and cup size.

Khy

I'm 3 months out and have gone down 3 bra sizes. So I guess a bra size each month for me. Sorry to see them go but have noticed my shoulders don't hurt so much. If you love the bra it would be good idea to buy another one.

Yup, the band size, cup size ratio is some mysterious formula, huh? I went from a 44C bra purchased in the plus size stores to a 40D in a "normal" store. (I guess when you're skinny, your boobs look bigger, so they up the cup sizes...hahaha) I think...if I don't shrink too much I will continue buying in the plus size stores, their bras tend to have wider bands that give me support on my sides as well.

I bought a couple of cheap bras without trying them on and even the $12 each that I paid was a waste of money because they are uncomfortable. So I think bras is one area where you SHOULD spend the money, there's no substitute for comfort! (You can make up for splurging by buying your blouses at Goodwill! That's my plan.)

Yep, because of the complicatd nature of the sizing, you can't predict what you will be. I waited a long time before buying a smaller bra. I am 4 months out and in my second set of bras. Was a 40DD, went to 38DD, now in 36DD and it is a little snug. I only buy 2 bras so I can wash / wear them. I will not invest any more money knowing that the size will most likely change again in a month or 2.

I shop at Kohls during power hour. Good bras, good prices.

I HATE BRA SHOPPING!!!!!!

Good luck-

Lara

I decided that with the "shrinking of the girls," I should go to a bra fitter and get some professional advice. I knew it would be expensive, but my food budget has shrunk to a tiny percentage of what it was before, and the girls definitely needed a lift. The bra I wore in there was one I wore on a regular basis, and I knew it wasn't the best fit, but I couldn't figure out why. It gaped at the bottom front and shifted around and didn't offer much support.

The fitter measured me and to my surprise I was 8 inches smaller than the band size of the bra I wore into the store. The issue was the cup size. I ended up fitting perfectly into a bra with a 40-inch band and cup size that was several cups larger than my previous bra!! The bras fit perfectly, too--the edges lay flat against my skin, the straps didn't dig in, the band didn't cut. I tell you, it was the best thing I had ever done as far as making my body and my clothes look better. The girls got substantially smaller in the first 2 months of my weight loss... my fitter said it was pretty common for the breasts to shrink early in the weight loss process and then stay sort of the same size until the rest of the body caught up, then they might or might not get smaller. So I was happy to purchase 2 nice-fitting bras for now (I actually bought them 1 inch smaller than I am and use an extender, which I can remove as my body gets smaller, thereby prolonging the time I can wear these), and I know that I can go back and get re-fitted when I need to. It makes a world of difference!!