Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I started the 10 day sugar free liquid diet on June 6, I lost 10 lbs in those 10 days, surgery was June 16-since then I have lost a total of 26 pounds. keep in mind 10 of those was before surgery. I am on solid foods-typical day is 1/4 cup egg beaters with cheese, lunch is about 1 to 2 ounces of tuna, fish, or chicken. If I add anything I add greek yogurt, pickles or sugar free spagetti sauce and fat free cheese to the chicken.Supper is usually one of the things mentioned above with a vegtable or black Beans with a small amount of baked potatoe and cheese. I am sipping all day but have not gotten in more than 2 bottles of 16 oz. Water. I know I am not getting enough Protein because I honestly can't get more than 3 ounces in during each meal. I am walking an hour at least 4 times per week.

The scale hasn't move in a week and a half. I am so very discouraged-Every diet I have ever tried I have lost about 20 and then it stops. Please tell me I didn't have half of my stomach removed for 16 pounds.

The discouragemnet is making it hard for me to continue with the foods I have been eating, nothing tastes good and I really don't want anything. If I knew it was working I would be fine---

Suggestions?? Thank you for reading the long post

Fear Not!

your body is adjusting...

Mine has done some weird things- I walked and done some Water aerobics and was on a 5 day plateau - then I started getting dizzy and spent 2 days doing nothing... and I lost a pound aday...

???

Change up something, exercise, your water intake, type of food...

then sit back and watch the weight come off...

up your Protein. Always eat your protein first even if you fill up on it and don't have room for anything else - I would cut out the potatoe as that is carbs and may be enough to set you back. Like Chef Neil stated change something. Definitely more Water. Good Luck.

I did the EXACT same thing and cried and cried to my dr. when i went for my check up!! he told me that EVERY single patient of his does this when they transition to solid foods. something happens to us and when we eat solid foods again, our bodies don't know what is going on.

he told me it would be ok and to give it a week or so and i would lose again. and i did!! you will too!!

just follow your plan and keep on keeping on and you will be fine. your body is just catching up and is reacting! don't stress. you are doing the right things!

Kelly ;)

Use a timer to remind you to drink- I do and I am up to three liters a day now!

Read this- it will explain stalls and make you feel much better!

http://www.dsfacts.com/weight-loss-stall-or-plateau.html

I post it so often it should be a sticky!

I completely understand! I lost 15 pounds my first week, and hardly lost anything in week 2, nothing in week 3. Then, all of a sudden in week 4 I started losing again. Then TOM hit and I'm stalled again...lol Don't freak out, do what Chef and the rest say and you'll be fine. Protein, Protein, sip, sip :)

I started the 10 day sugar free liquid diet on June 6, I lost 10 lbs in those 10 days, surgery was June 16-since then I have lost a total of 26 pounds. keep in mind 10 of those was before surgery. I am on solid foods-typical day is 1/4 cup egg beaters with cheese, lunch is about 1 to 2 ounces of tuna, fish, or chicken. If I add anything I add greek yogurt, pickles or sugar free spagetti sauce and fat free cheese to the chicken.Supper is usually one of the things mentioned above with a vegtable or black Beans with a small amount of baked potatoe and cheese. I am sipping all day but have not gotten in more than 2 bottles of 16 oz. Water. I know I am not getting enough protein because I honestly can't get more than 3 ounces in during each meal. I am walking an hour at least 4 times per week.

The scale hasn't move in a week and a half. I am so very discouraged-Every diet I have ever tried I have lost about 20 and then it stops. Please tell me I didn't have half of my stomach removed for 16 pounds.

The discouragemnet is making it hard for me to continue with the foods I have been eating, nothing tastes good and I really don't want anything. If I knew it was working I would be fine---

Suggestions?? Thank you for reading the long post

Exact same thing happened to me around week 4. Go out walking every day for at least 30 minutes even if it's just round the mall. I drink a pint of milk a day and find when I skip my milk that's when I stall. I don't count calories - I just watch the portion size and take care to include fruits, veggies and Protein. I felt quite down during my stall week - but my nurse really helped me out.