Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help, what are the best Protein Drinks to try?? They all come in 4-packs and I dont know whwere to start!

There is no best and what seems to really matter is the taste - which varies widly and suits each person. Give on or the other a try and pick one you can stomach and stick wit it.

I am not really a big chocolate or vanilla person, which are the 2 main flavors for Protein drinks. I do, however, like fruit flavors, so I bought a jug of the nectar powder. The flavor is fuzzy navel. It kinda reminds me of Sunny D with a bit of the Protein flavor that all of the drinks seem to have in the background. It blends easily in a shaker bottle and tastes pretty decent, especially when cold.

If you check out www.mybariatricpantry.com, they have a sampler pack of 12 different flavors.

My 2 cents.

-Pete

Best in what? taste? That depends on you and no one can help you in that regard. In general, you need to find a Protein drink that is less than 200 calories and has a minimum of 20 grams of Protein and no more than 12 grams of carbs. Look for whey protein isolate because it is the fastest form of protein that can be absorbed by the body.

I posted this in one of the threads. I like Isopure powder, I get 25 grams of protein at 110 calories; no fat and no carbs. Why do I like it? Because I have control over the number of grams and the quality of fats and carbs. Let me give you an example:

*I drink a shake in the morning with a scoop of Renew Life Organic Triple Fiber and I add 3 grams of flaxseed oil (rich in Omega 3s). This gives me a total of 28 grams of protein, 5 grams of carbs (of which 4 grams are fiber) and 4 grams of fat. Total calories: 180

*Before weight lifting, I need protein, slow digesting carbs and some fats. Because those will provide me with the energy needed to actually go through the exercises without being tired and lightheaded.

*After weight lifting, I don't need slow digesting carbs or fats. So, I only have a scoop of protein and dextrose which is a fast digesting carb (this will create an insulin spike making the body in anabolic state in which muscles are built).

I don't recommend using a blender to make your Protein drinks. The shakes are so thick, 2 sips and you feel full (meaning you don't finish your shake and hence you don't get your protein in). I recommend getting one of these protein shakers (<$10). Add your protein and 8 oz of Water and shake it. For taste, you can add sugar free strawberry or chocolate Syrup.

1257517_f260.jpg

Iv tried a bunch and so for there brutal the c lear ones the Isopure i had to cut with Water which took longer to consume it alll and I got a blitz one which I could not even stand and didnt even want to miz with Water, ,,my friend told me special k ones were ok they only have like 15 grams but thats better then nothing! Muscle miilk was ok but I still couldnt get down a whole bottle. But the jayRobb Protein powder that you blend yourself was ok. Hope this helps . And the Atkins royal chocolate was good but only like 15 grams.

Help, what are the best Protein drinks to try?? They all come in 4-packs and I dont know whwere to start!