Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ten days out and I was still feeling really really weak, nonpain just very weak and tired. All I wanted to do was sleep. Went in to get my stitches out and almost passed out. They took my blood pressure and it was 70/48. Dangerously low. Doctor was very worried and wheeled me downstairs to emergency room. Turns out I was dehydrated and didn't even really know it. I had to stay and get to fluids. Blood pressure went up to normal. I had no symtoms of dehydration except that I was weak and extra tired. I was peeing I was drinking but only half of the recommended 64 oz. So be careful and be sure to drink ALL your fluids everyone. Remember 70 grams of Protein and 64 oz of Water. It makes a huge difference when you follow doctors orders

Yikes!

I am trying to ward off that adventure...

I am working on the 64 oz.

after yesterdays trip to see why I am dizzy -

bp was 94/68- used to be 140/78...

I am back on stage II foods and feel lifeless today.. also dizzy every time I stand...

I'm awaiting my gatorade shipment...

I just saw your post without doctors advice and was going to say. DRINK

I get low BP too when I do not drink enough. Take a sip every 15 minutes if you are close out from surgery. I also sip on G2 gatorade (sugarless) or PowerZero, depending on what is on sale at the store. Really important to hydrate your body to feel better. Are you getting in enough protien too?

I'm so glad you were at your doctor's office when this happened. Many people have this problem post op if they had been taking blood pressure meds and lost weight. In the hospital, we always check a blood pressure before giving certain bp meds.

I'm glad I found this thread. I generally have low blood pressure, but a few days ago I felt very dizzy and weak. My husband thought to take my blood pressure and it was 90/62! I realize now though that because I have been struggling to get my Proteins in, my fluids have also suffered. It's been at least a week now that I barely make 50 proteins, if that, and only about 32 oz. of fluids! I got some tips on this board yesterday to help with the proteins. I'm acutally on soft foods but I don't seem to be able to eat anything. I get so full and nothing goes down. I've been doing beyond great before this week. I'm not sure what's going on. I see my surgeon wed. But now at least I know that the fluids and Protein are what's affecting my blood pressure etc.