Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For sleevers that are a year+ out..

Hi sleevers, I wanted to know if anyone who is a year or two out can you tell me what a normal day eating wise is and what your typical meal looks like? I know everyone is diferent, so I would love a few responses, I really just want to start mentally preparing myself to what a normal day of eating will be like once I have healed and you are able to eat a little more. I already know pretty much how it will be right after the surgery, but I know as time goes on you can eat more, and just would like to hear what all you eat during the day.

Thanks so much, and I am sooo excited to get mine!

I'm 2 years out, and honestly I eat everything and anything I want.

For specifics, it kind of varies on what I'm eating, the consistency of the food, and the time I take to eat my meal.

I can give you an example of what I eat for a lot of my meals, but I eat really random stuff.

I can eat 3-5oz of dense Protein (like steak, chicken, rib meat, venison) 3oz if I want to eat other stuff with it, about 5oz if all I eat is the meat, and I can get in 6oz if I add some sort of steak sauce or gravy to make it more mushy.

As for pizza, I can eat 1-1.5 slices of medium thin crust pizza. Fajita- I can eat 1 fajita with about 3 strips of either steak or chicken a couple of teaspoons of refried Beans and rice with salsa. I tear off the entire top/rounded part of the small tortilla so I'm really only eating about 1/3 of the tortilla. As for a Subway sandwich, 3 Subway meatballs with 3inch of bread (pretty half of a 6inch sub).

I don't eat a lot of Cereal or oatmeal, but when I choose to eat oatmeal, I can eat 1 packet of instant oatmeal over about 40 minutes. I can eat 2 soft poached eggs with cheese, and a couple slices of bacon.

Sushi- I only eat the cooked variety with rice. I can eat about 3-4 slices of a sushi roll.

I feel like I eat pretty normal, my portions are smaller than my naturally skinny girlfriends, but I eat all the same foods.

I don't eat a lot of hamburgers, hot dogs, or sandwiches only because the bread is a total slider food for me now. Plus, I'm just not a fan of burgers or hot dogs.

I think every person has a different definition of normal. For me, I live a very normal life post-op, others probably disagree. Others are way more strict in maintenance and avoid certain foods for life because how they react to those foods. It takes time, and a lot of trial and tribulation to figure out what works.

Best wishes

and for me, i'm 18 months out and as with tiffy i eat whatever i want. . . but this is how today looks

Breakfast 2 eggs and 2 oz cheese

coffee

snack either fruit, or Pork rinds

lunch: bagel thin with tuna

snack: light and fit yogurt

diet soda

dinner: spa lean cuisine

bedtime snack: 2 oz cheese

fruit juice

sometimes if the carb monster is really bad i'll indulge in a yummy, but very seldom . . .