Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Argon's Activities

Yes... good idea with Winners AND costco. Don't have one in my town, but about 1.5 hrs away. I'll check it out. I'm thinking about maybe not going all out with the computer, and getting an actual bed. Hmmmm... tempting. Found this one for $299.... but then again, if I were going to do that, I should be smart and pay off my couch set first. Hhhmmmmph!

22200_PE107067_S3.jpg

(plus, those crazy Ikea beds come with the wood slat thingies, so you don't need a boxspring)

Mandi I love the bed. Same one I have LOL. I have the woodslatts but I also have a bedspring so I bed is super high. Love it. The price was right too which helps. :biggrin1:

Andrew, nope, my partners a shorty (well, less than 6'), so I should be safe.

Dame! You must tell me stuff! Do the slats seem sturdy enough? I guess if I was prepared to sleep on a mattress on the floor, I shouldn't worry about it being less comfy without a boxspring... but... do you think it would be ok? EEE! You've got me excited. There's a 'support' bar or something down the middle length, right? are there any middle support bars? I'm always worried that the bed'll just snap right in the middle and we'll fall through!

King size sheet often go on sale at wallymart in the clearance section. Guess us Walmart types cant afford king size beds hehehe

Awesome computer btw!

I agree on the whole eating thing! holy crap! just proves that we cant do it without the band, which is kinda scary. I read on here somewhere, that it constricts the vagus nerve, which in turn stops us from being hungry all the time. Let me tell u, my vagus nerve sure aint restricted cuz i'm hungry like the bad old days. had a quesadilla and half an order of fries for dinner from taco bell. Not only have i fallen off the wagon, i cant even see the dust from its wheels anymore.

puleeeze be careful with the empty spot where your tooth was, rinse and rinse again with salty Water after u eat. the LASTthing u need is an infection (sorry the mommy in me came out for a second)

can u drive to get filled by yourself? that way dan could stay with his buddy. thats the only thing i can think of. or just suffer til the guy is gone.

Do the slats seem sturdy enough? I guess if I was prepared to sleep on a mattress on the floor, I shouldn't worry about it being less comfy without a boxspring... but... do you think it would be ok? EEE! You've got me excited. There's a 'support' bar or something down the middle length, right? are there any middle support bars? I'm always worried that the bed'll just snap right in the middle and we'll fall through!

I had a bed of similar construction when I was in in university, and never found it to be unstable for myself and a partner. If you are concerned, you could always find a concrete block or have DH construct a "leg" to go under the middle.

When you think about it, the weight of the bed and the occupants is spread out over the entire frame & slats so it should not be to heavy.

Andrew

I'm with Green, just bought a set of King size sheets at Winner's. They were on sale for $44.00, 400 thread count. What a deal. I bought the sheets to use on our trip, we got a condo and the master bedroom has a king size bed. Beleive it or not it was cheaper to buy the sheet set than to have linnen service for the 2 weeks we will be there.

honestly Mandi you will not need to support the bed more than it is. It does have a bar down the middle to keep it all together but the wood slatts are thick and spaced close together so that it can withstand the weight and any *ahem* action that may be going on. Trust me you should be fine with just the wood slatts. :)

haha, me too neenagh!

Ok, so I have my fill set up for Saturday. I have since emailed Dr. Cobourn asking if I could get 1.2cc's instead of 1cc. My first ever fill was 1cc, and it wasn't too good. Since I was very recently at 1.5ccs, I think 1.2 would be just fine, no?! YES!! Cross your fingers that he says yes!

Thanks guys.. she's been doing them for a few months, at least. She's super experienced with other types of ports, and says she's had no trouble so far! I'll definitely let you know what happens and how it goes.

Oh, by the way... Dr. C called me tonight and said that 1.2cc would be ok, because I'm feeling so much better now. (and also restated that he had no reason to think I'd slipped! phew!)

another thing... found out the bed I'm getting ISN'T a King!!!! NooooooooOOOOOOO!!!

Oh well... I have queen size sheets and stuff already, and the bed frame will be cheaper... still disappointing though!

New picture, since I have more choices of beds since I'm now looking at queens: It's ok, and cheaper... I think it will do!

52086_PE152391_S3.jpg