Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Argon's Activities

Have a great weekend Mandi!! Sounds like fun.

I think you should never feel guilty about not telling about your band.

When people say "Wow Lila you look so happy.What are you doing?" I don't don't feel guilty for not saying "Oh, that's the anti depressants I am on!"

It's OK to have some secrets.

Thanks guys, I'll catch up with you all on Monday!

And yes, Lila, that's a good point...

I think I *would* share my little secret with the right person... but this lady, I'd really like to look like her when I'm in my 50's. She's got a FEW pounds to lose, but I'm not suggesting the lapband!

I almost want to tell people, because I don't think alot of people know that they can get the lapband HERE in NB, and it's covered. (with the exception of a few thousand) There's some hoops to jump though, but if I'd lived somewhere that had that opportunity, and I saw WLS in my future I'd be doing things (like the required Dr. supervised diets) that would help me get funding down the road.

anyways, off to bed.... a saturday, and I have to get up earlier that I do during the week! But how cool is that, 4 hours later, I'll be in Halifax! I can't wait. I have NO idea what it's like, but I hear good things!

Goodnight :)

Mandi

Have a great weekend Mandi. Looking forward to seeing some photos. I have some really nice pics of Peggy's Cove I could share but....I'll spare the people with dial up.

Awwwwwwwwwwwe, Wheezy don't hold back because of me. It's my fault I don't have high speed. We want to see pics!!

Awwwwwwwwwwwe, Wheezy don't hold back because of me. It's my fault I don't have high speed. We want to see pics!!

OK but just one, my favorite of Peggy's Cove. Can't wait to see Mandi's pics

post-209814-13813134277969_thumb.jpg

Hey guys, just thought if you wanted to see some of my pictures, I uploaded a few... the better ones!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mandim/ (easier/faster than putting them on here)

Wheezy, I had to copy her picture, and do that with a program on my computer... do you have any kind of photo editing software on your computer?

Kewl photos Mandi!

Did you have a good time?

Were you able to get to Peggy's Cove and to the Lower Deck.....I recognize the shot from Barrington St!!

Hey Mandi, Great photos, I think I recognize the town I'm from in one of your Ontario shots.!!!!(not) I have a few program for editing photos, I haven't found one of them that resizes photos. Do you have a suggestion for software that would do it?

Thanks guys! I did have a good time. I didn't get to go to Peggy's Cove :) Not enough time. Maybe next time... and hopefully when it's warmer.

I didn't get to go into the Lower Deck, but I walked past it, and peeked inside, and woulda took a picture if I'd had my stupid camera that time! We were supposed to go there, and planned to, but our guides had different plans for us, so we went to places like the Rogue's Roost, the Shoe Store (I think), Maxwell Plum's (so Lauren could watch the Rider's game).

It was super nice, and I'd love to live there some day. It would have been 100% better if:

- I didn't have a wisdom tooth gnawing away at my jaw

- I didn't wreck my stomach somehow on the way to Halifax, which it turn made everyday hellish.

Let me give you a breakdown, on the way there, we stopped at Tim's for brekkie. I got a coffee and some timbits. I drank most of my coffee, had 2 timbits, then slimed for an hour. (luckily Lauren was asleep in the back, and I did it pretty silently into my Tim's cup.)

Got there, and were taken out for a late lunch at a place we just HAD to go to, I believe it was "Mexico Lindo's. Tried to play it safe and ordered nacho's. I'd had them a few night before, successfully. I ate maybe 6 chips, and was done. I wasn't feelin' bad, I just couldn't eat anymore.

We walked around downtown, then started hitting pubs... anything I drank wasn't going down well, so I started drinking Water. Later on, tried another Caesar, and was hoping that would enable me to share Dan's artichoke dip. It didn't. :grouphug:

Next day, everyone went to Cora's for Breakfast. I ordered tea. I soooo badly wanted to have some of Dan's raspberry/cream cheese crepe, but the tea wasn't liking me either. Went to the bathroom twice during their breakfast, and slimed tea.

Later on that day, after some shopping, I stopped at Jugo juice and decided to give a smoothie a try. I saw that they had Protein ones, so I got the HIGH protein... like 50+ grams in it. It was grooooosss... but I choked it down, and it stayed down, so I was happy. For dinner that night, at a pub, during the rider game.... there was nothing on the menu that seemed safe, so I ordered some deep fried mushrooms.... Dan ate most, but I managed to eat about 5 or 6 tiny ones. I drank water that whole night, slimed it up a few times.

Next day, hot smoothie from Tim's for breakfast, 2 mcnuggets for lunch, then slimed and pb'd during the drive home. That night (last night) I made some chicken noodle soup... and ate alot... at least I think so. And I drank probably half a litre of milk. (trying to soothe)

Anyways, I considered finding that fill lady (in Nova Scotia)'s phone number, and doing an emergency defill... but I knew I'd regret it, and hoped this was all temporary... and it seems it is/was. I have some more chick. noodle Soup for lunch, and I'm gonna stay as liquidy/mushy as I can for a few days.

I told Dan that I BETTER have a good loss this week to make this hell a little more worth it. I peeked this morning, and I think it's gonna be GOOD tomorrow! VERY good! Stay tuned!

Your trip sounds great. Sorry to hear about your tummy. If you had of been home you probably would have opted for the smoothies and liquids after the first pb. But you were away, and I understand you want to experience the cuisine. Maybe take a few days now to have Soups and smoothies to calm the tum.