Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Argon's Activities

Holy, I feel like I missed so much!!

Mandi, Congratualtions on.............everything. Your a power to be reckoned with. WOW. The gym, woo, hoo!! Now quit those nasty cigarettes!! I was 22 and had smoked for 10 years and was up to a pack a day. I quit pretty much cold turkey. I just kept thinking of my unborn babies. Anyway, it's way not easy, but you are so on a roll!!! Complete the job of a new and improved Mandi, Your worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great job Mademoiselle! I have to ask, do you have an English degree? You are very well spoken (written) that is.

Maybe we should review all the posts at then end of the year and create a book of CND LapBand musing 2006. Perhaps a calendar with a years worth of witty musings and sagacious ‘isms.

We, will of course, have a center fold…Let’s see who could fill that void?? I’m picturing someone green, hairy and with a slight case of halitosis. Yes, yes you can bring your lightsaber! Geez...”are we there yet”??? Please keep in mind that your “accessory” will provide a proportion/scale reference for everything in the picture. Thinking twice now, aren’t you?? Maybe just a fig leaf, non? :flame:Burn...Can u feel it?

No Mookie, no English degree here, just a Lab Tech. I think your idea to create a book of musings is great. I really enjoy reading the post and was pleasantly surprised to find intelligent, funny, and inspiring people here. Sometimes I find myself laughing out loud reading some of the post. As for the center fold, I have the perfect model, my ex-boss, but you would have to settle for full blown halitosis.

Oh yeah... I forgot to tell y'all:

I'm obese!!

Meaning, no longer considered 'morbidly' so. WOo! I just told Dan, "Guess what!?! I'm obese!" He looked like he wasn't sure if he should laugh or what. LOL

Anyways, yeah.. I can't wait to be overweight!

Thanks guys.

Oh... the obese life is good.

I wanted to get all dressed up today, after my shower, (after the GYM! :omg:).. A new sweater I got a couple weeks ago, and these snazzy baby blue cords I've had for like 4 years, but haven't been able to wear for at least the last 3. I put my sweater on, and then the pants... they're too big, and looked stupid with my not-so-loose sweater. I wish I'd worn them sooner... oh poor me, I'm sure you all are tearing up just reading about my problems. LOL :D

Yeah, I'm in the "middle" of being obese now too!! LOL Yay!!

I have also gone down 10 pts on my BMI!!! Gotta love THAT!

Congrats to both Argon and Yoda on being obese! And, yep, it does sound funny saying that but we all know what we are talking about. And congrats, Argon, on your NSV with the pants. I think that the NSVs are so cool.

Can you guys tell me, what are 'normal' sizes?

This is specifically for the canadians, because I don't want to hear about 'misses' and 'juniors' sizes... I don't think we have them here.

What sizes would I find in 'regular' stores? Lets say I go to... Le Chateau or The Gap (not great examples, but hey)... what sizes do they go up to? Is 12 or 14 or 16 usually the biggest size? Is 18 considered plus size? Is there a 'normal' size 18, but also a 'regular' size 18?

I think, if I remember right, size 16 is often the biggest size offered at many regular stores even though in theory the regular sizes are supposed to go up to 18. For overweight people they have sizes 14W and up to 18W and for those people who are shorter than "normal" they have the P sizes, as in 12P. Then there are the official fat sizes: 20 and up, and the Xs.

One thing that I have always noticed is this: the more expensive the garment the more generously it is cut. Cheap clothes fit small. I have noticed this in shoes as well. I go up a size and half whenever the shoe is made in China. Because my feet are gigantic this is a disaster.

No, normal stores do not have W sizes. This type of sizing occurs when the store is catering to a number of different types of shopper. Winner's uses this sizing as does Cotton Ginny (although Cotton Ginny doesn't have P sizes). Some stores offer L sizes for tall women. Normal stores usually offer up to 16 or 18 max and then they might offer petite sizes for shorter women. This leaves people like us out in the cold.

Oh, and as to the W sizes, I always think that the W means wide. I think it means that we are wider in the torso.