Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Argon's Activities

Hey Mandi

Happy to hear of your continued success!! You are an inspiration to all!

Good decision on the de-fill. I was worried that I would be able to overeat but not so. I am actually enjoying eating, before I had to be so careful.

Good luck with the de-fill.

All the best with the de fill.

The running sounds cool, I would not mind doing that some day, maybe when I have one ass lol

Defill done! Got that little tiny 0.2cc out, and I hope it works. The 1st night, it didn't.... last night, it did. I'm hoping tonight is the same. I don't feel like I can eat more, so that's good.

I went and got my shoes at the Running Room. Waaaay too expensive, but I hope that'll be a kick in the @ss to use 'em!

I have worn em around the house quite a bit, BUT today I tried them on the treadmill, and my feet hurt. It was the outside SIDEs of both feet. You running experts, what does that sound like? They aren't tight, they really feel like they fit, but I don't know what's causing that pain!? I don't run normally, so maybe it's just something that'll eventually stop and is normal to non-runners? (but the last time I ran with my cheap shoes at the gym, I don't remember a pain like that). I hate to return them and have to try all over with another pair (and especially cause I am not sure how soon I can get back to Moncton).

What do you think?

Hey Mandy

happy to hear you got the de-fill. Did you have to pay?

I trained years ago to walk a 1/2 marathon and the thing that saved my feet was...vaseline. I would slather my feet before I put my socks on. I never got a blister or a callus. The day of the marathon my adrenalin (sp)was pumping from all the excitement I ended up running the whole 13 miles. Not one blister! So that is my running advice.

If your runners hurt your feet mail them back if you can't back there. Don't torture yourself they are not suppose to hurt.

Thanks again for being such an inspiration to all of us bansters.

I'll exercise....tomorrow!!LOL

Yeah I did have to pay... sucks, but, hey.... I'll survive. I buy $150 runners! I certainly have money to burn! :faint:

Interesting about the Vaseline.. I'd think it would make everything feel oh so slippery while running, wouldn't it? Doing that would probably for sure soften up my rough feet!

I'm gonna give my shoes a little bit more of a chance. I'm not a runner, I'm not athletic at all. I'm a wimp... I hate exercise. I haven't seriously run, or considered it in probably 15 years. Maybe my feet are just too 'weak'?

Good news, kind of. My work, the company WE are working for is behind, so needs to not give us any work for a week. That means we all (my 'crew') have nothing to do for a week. I thought "hey, why not take it off", asked, and was told, "yeah cool, then we don't have to find something else for you to do!") So that's what I'm going to do. I'm going to take 3 paid days off, and 2 unpaid, just so I don't totally screw myself on that next paycheck. It'll be nice to have a bit of a break. Even though I'm already planning on going home for a week in July/Aug. This'll be just me, all myself... Dan'll have to work still. That's in about a week and a half, SOOoooo, if those shoes are still giving me a hard time, I will bring them back then. I think that'll give me a chance to give them a good honest try. (even though unfortunetly I can't try them outside.) But if they hurt my feet on a treadmill, I imagine outside could be even worse!

I was getting changed and decided to have a look at the back situation. I've said for a while, if I was the weight I am right now, but backfat free, I could stop and be totally happy. I could show my front to Dan (at least from the belly button up) relatively comfortably, but if I have to turn around, and he were to see my bare back.... uh uh.

I know people will say, "oh geez, gimme a break", but we're all gonna have issues, not matter what our weights, and I'm sure you all do/will too. So that said. My back. I took a pic 'regular', then 'held things up', showing what it could look like... yeah, I'd like that: :phanvan Sometimes I grab all my skin at the front and pull up, ... no pics of that though! LOL It's pretty surprising what it does to my butt and thighs. That definitely makes me want some plastics!

Mandi,

Are the running shoes causing blisters/sores or are your feet just hurting?? Maybe you need to see a chiropodist. Do you have extended health coverage because it may have something to do with the shape of your foot. They could recommend some kind of insert in your shoes. They could analyze your feet and determine whether or not it is the problem, otherwise no matter what shoe you buy, you will experience the same kind of problem.

Wow Mandi, I think we were posting at the same time and all of a sudden your pics appear. OK so there is an excess skin issue but you still look fabulous. I wounder if you know how lucky you are to have had the surgery as young as you are? Do you know how lucky you are to have a guy like Dan who sees you for who you are? Does Dan know how lucky he is to have you as a mate?

My best friend died of ovarian cancer 2 years ago and when I complained to her about my weight, she said to me " Look at me, I have no hair, my skin has been ravaged by the effect of chemo. Does it look like what I care about what you look like? It's what's inside and no one knows that like I do".

I try to carry those words with me when I feel that there is so much wrong with the way I look.

Mandi, I have communicated with you for almost a year now and you are knowledgeable, helpful to anyone that ask, you are smart and you are beautiful

Your friend

Awww... Wheezy, I know I'm lucky. I know, I know! And I'm sorry. I know it's all frivolous. I am definitely grateful for what I've got.. Thank you for the kind words, they mean alot. :hug:

And yeah, no blisters or anything. It's definitely just the outside edge of the foot. I ran with my old cheap shoes today, and they did not do the same thing. I think I'll go back to the gym on friday and try the new ones out once more on the treadmill. There's a foot something or other near work. I'll stop by there and see what they do, or can recommend. I do have health coverage through work, and I think there's something there that covers that kind of stuff. I'll check it out definitely. :D

Thank you again, all of you. ;)

Wow Mandi - that really does make a difference in your sillhouette. Of course it matter smost wha t's inside, but expecially since you are so young and you have worked so hard you deserve the best body you can have.

Hey Mandi,

I finally met Dr. C. He did my fill on Monday. The clinic looks modern, kinda weird, but modern. The outside of the building is this burnt orange color so it's not hard to find. The inside has very high ceilings. I kinda expected this huge aquarium in the exam office, ya know like the Nip and Tuck aquarium. Anyhooooo Dr C was fabulous. He asked me some questions about restriction and he determined that I could use a fill. He said that he would give me .5 ccs but he may give less of a fill dependant on the resistance he felt when he injected the saline. He ended up only putting in 0.3 ccs. I already feel a difference and after his pet talk I am a renewed lapbandster.

So now I'm in lurve with Dr. C.

Awww... that's awesome! I'm glad you're renewed! Maybe we'll see a ticker some day soon? :(

What did he have to say about that fool in Ottawa doing (trying) fills?

Awww... that's awesome! I'm glad you're renewed! Maybe we'll see a ticker some day soon? :(

What did he have to say about that fool in Ottawa doing (trying) fills?

Actually, he said that he was going to tell him that he would no longer be able to do fills. He said that there was another Doc in Ottawa interested in doing fills, Dr Bishop who is an endocrinologist. This Doc is not trained yet but he said to call the clinic next time I needed a fill and perhaps he/she would be trained in doing fills.

Hello everyone, I am back, I sort of stepped out for a bit but I am back and working my round but slimming ass off.

Hope everyone is well!

Sherri

Wow, you HAVE been away for a long time, Sherri! You'll find alot of people gone AWOL around here. Some of us are still around, just not posting much. Let us know how it's going.

Mandi