Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Argon's Activities

This is the new one I'm doing now. Much easier than my last one, so I don't know if it'll be so great:

All 3 sets of 12 (up to 15 if I'm ambitious!)

Day 1 - BACK/CHEST/ABS

- straight arm pulldown (flat on back, on bench) - 1-12lb weight

- stiff arm pulldown (using weight machine) - 30lbs

- bent over row (on bench) 1 x 10lb weight

- hyperextension

- pec dec only 5lbs on each side right now, until I get the 'form' right, so I don't wreck stuff

- incline press (1 notch up on bench) 2 x 8lb weights

- additional abs

Day 2 - LEGS

- steps ups with weight - 10lbs

- leg extension (machine) - 15lbs

- seated leg curl (machine) - 40lbs

- inner and outer thigh w/9lbs weight stick

- butt machine - 30lbs

- additional abs

Day 3 - ARMS/SHOULDERS/ABS

- bent over laterals (or seated)

- arnold press

- dumbell upright row

- dumbell rotator cuff

- kickbacks

- overhead extension

- BB curl

- 21's

- additional abs

This program is all new to me, hence the lack of any weights for Day 3... cause I haven't even done day 3 yet!

(additional abs, I choose from: 3 sets of 12-15:

- dumbell side bends

- side crunch

- hanging knee lifts

- ball rock out

- ball crunch

or an Ab DVD

I don't do tapes/DVD's, so I usually do crunches, decline sit-ups or hanging knee lifts

Old Routine:

(3 sets of 12-15)

Day 1

Legs

- standing lunges

- squats with ball

- ball leg curl

- leg lift on ball

- calf raise/step up super set

Abs:

- crunch on ball

- obliques

- hanging knee raises

Day 2

Back

- cable seated row (machine) 30lbs

- one arm dumbell row 10lbs

- low back raise on ball

Chest

- dumbell press superset with ball pushups

- dumbell flye

Abs

- a superset of slow situps, leg lifts, knees in/out - all in a row, no break inbetween (about 10 of each is all I could do) - 3x

Day 3

Shoulders

- one arm dumbell raise - 5lbs

- bent arm lateral raise - 5lbs

- dumbell press - 2 x 8lbs

Triceps

- dips

- cable pulldown dropset (starting at 45lbs)

Biceps

- concentration curls dropset (starting at 12lbs)

- incline dumbell curl - 5lbs

Abs

- ball crunch

- decline sit up

- knees in and out (off edge of bench) (I hated these so I swapped it for hanging knee lifts!)

If you have no idea what something is, just ask, I'm sure alot of these are made-up names that the gym ladies have dreamed up, so... I'll describe it if need be!

errrmmmm...

So guess what! I was supposed to be going to this 'all girls' party at work tomorrow night. Renting a cabin, all the work girls going, having a BBQ then having drinks, sleeping over, and going home the next morning.... wasn't really looking forward to it. Then today, we got invited to join another couple that's going down to Maine this weekend! Woooo! I get to shop, and in the states! I don't know anything about Bangor, but I found the website for the mall we'll go to, and it's got a Victoria's Secret, JC Penney, Macy's, Gap, American Eagle and others in it... sounds pretty good to me! I haven't been in the US in probably 16 years!

Anyways, that's my excitement! I hope I can find some cool stuff!

That's AWESOME Mandi...Bangor is a GREAT place for shopping...and I think they have some outlets!! (real ones!!).

Have a spectacular time!!!!

Shopping in the States is way better, and the prices are super cheap.

Mrs. Gaffer & I are planning to go somewhere in the states to shop in late summer. My wardrobe is shrinking faster than I am, amd Mrs. Gaffer needs some new clothes to go back to work after her mat leave (I dont think they will let her wear her sweat shirt and jeans to work)

Have fun.

Andrew

Mandi,

I read the last couple of pages of comments and proceeded to look for your pictures and...Woooow! You look fabulous! What a difference. A big congratulations to you!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Cat

Mandi, have fun on your trip. Mr Wheezy and I just spent a pile of money in the US.

Enjoy

Hey guys,

I need help!!!!

I didn't buy much in the states, but what I did buy at the spur of the moment was TWO dresses. Who cares? Well... I have never in my life (since I was maybe 8) worn a dress, except ONCE for my prom. I tried 2 on, liked one more than the other, and Dan liked the other more than the one I liked, so I bought both. They were both SUPER on sale so I said what the hey/hay. It's not often I come across dresses I'd even consider that have long-ish sleeves!

I wasn't even thinking at the time, but NEXT weekend, my work is having a grand opening party... and I could probably wear one to it! I have NOTHING to wear otherwise.

Here are pictures. #1 is the one I like best. Black and white with a red errrr.... belt? It wasn't done up, so I have no idea how it's supposed to go! It looks stupid no matter what I do! Anyone know how it's supposed to go? I just ordered 2 'body shapers' from sears to try out, cause I need some mega stomach sucking power (as shown in in a couple o' these), and a smooth back-fat-roll-less look would be awesome.

The 2nd is Dan's fav. Brown with beige and pink dots. I think it's too plain and "old lady". (sorry CLOE!) :heh:

Opinions, please! I need help.

I don't like how the back of the black one looks on me... I think it makes my back look even more wide?! I couuld also leave my hair down, that would distract from my back. I dunno... it's very stressful. I think people will be really shocked to see me like this.... but I don't want to look stupid.

Tell me what to do! You're my pals... I only really have Dan to go by for opinions, and he loves everything :rolleyes:

(oh yeah, the one is supposed to have a button to do it up, but it was missing (extra 10% off!) and I didn't like how it would look done up anyways)

may 2007 band list.doc

post-208874-13813135194002_thumb.jpg

post-206047-13813134848199_thumb.jpg

post-206047-13813134849001_thumb.jpg

Mandi: I definitely like them both however my vote is the first one with the red belt, super cute! The belt would look good loosely tied in the front. Knock em' dead gorgeous!!!

Mandi, I also like them both. My vote is go with the one that you like the best. If you feel good about it, it will shine through. You will feel and look more confident.

By the way, great new bod gurl!!!!!!

I second that! I like the first one too and would also suggest tying the red belt losely!! Love the matching shoes with the second one!

ps... make sure the belt is over the black band! I think that is how it is supposed to go, just so that there is a bit of black showing behind the red belt.. does that make sense?

Hey guys, thanks.

Problem is: see the pics where the belt is done up? That's how it hangs! all loose like that, definitely no way to make it cover all of that black band... it's almost like a really long scarf hanging outta the back of the dress! And doing up the belt any tighter, would just be too tight, ya know?

The shoes... actually I got them for with the black and white one. The dot are black and white (would be nice if I could find ones that matched the other one though). I thought they'd go with the dress better... whataya think, black and white tiny polka dots with that 1st dress?

Mandi, maybe the red belt is meant to be wrapped around your waist several times. I'm not sure it should be hanging that low in the back. About the shoes, the 1st dress has enough going on, I think that a plain black or white shoe would be better. But what the heck...what do I know about fashion? I wear scrubs all day long and when I get home on goes the sweats. So take this advise from where it comes from.

You look fantastic!

LOL Oh my that is what I meant I didn't mean the shoes with the first dress! lol yikes it is hard to type what I am thinking sometimes, sorry for the confusion. The belt might be one that is indeed supposed to be wrapped around the front and then tied in the back. kind of like the japanese style obi?? Does that make more sense? I hope so. Honest I do know how to dress..lol

Here's my two cents Mandi:

I like both dresses....so go with what makes you feel most comfy.

Dress # 1: Get rid of that damn red belty thing. Just snip it off....I"m sorry, but it just doesn't seem to "belong". Without that red thing, the dress is killer!!! What is GREAT about that dress is the black band just below your chest is literally at the narrowest part of your body...so it draws the eye directly there....almost like it raises your waist up...where it is all narrow and small! (They talk about that on "What Not to Wear" all the time....it really does wonders!).

Dress #2: really nice cut...and no....NOT an old lady pattern or dress!!! (Weirdo!). It also looks like it cinches in a bit beneath the chest....creating the same effect as the black band in the first dress. It's a nice classic cut and I can see why Dan likes it!

Either way....have fun....feel confident = looking confident!

This is my last post....off to Beautiful BC for 9 days.....!!! Hope your party goes well!!! No worries, my friend...you look beautiful no matter what!