Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Argon's Activities

LOL.....

in my younger days, I woulda said, "what? booze without sex??".....

aaaaaaaaaaaah, those were the days.

naaaah, not really....I'm happier now! LOL

LOL.....

in my younger days, I woulda said, "what? booze without sex??".....

aaaaaaaaaaaah, those were the days.

naaaah, not really....I'm happier now! LOL

In MY younger days, I woulda said, "WHAT!? SEX without booze?!" :heh:

I just gotta tell someone... since I haven't told Dan. I had my last cigarette a couple hours ago. Now that I've finished dinner... I'm starting to feel the crave! Let's hope this Wellbutrin/Zyban helps (or is already helping!)!

Harass me about it, ok guys? I haven't told Dan that today was the day, just because I didn't want him to bug me, or try being all sympathetic :o

Oh my gosh, that is huge!!!!!!!

Don't assume it will be easy, do you have a plan, or something to do when the crazings get real bad?

Haha, crazings? Was that a typo, or perhaps a Freudian slip? :o

Nope, no plan.... but one thing I AM going to do, is make my own coffee in the morning, as opposed to going to Tim's every morning, which leads to me stopping for a smoke before going into work. (plus I'll save money!) Other than that, I'll wing it. I'll be ok. :)

My firend took Zyban and did wonderful.She was able to quit. Her only problem was the routine she had. Aftet every meal she smoked, breaks at work, before bed. Her solution, red hot tamalies from the states. ( A red hot chewie candy ) She would eat five of these vile candy every time she wanted a smoke. (That is about 20 of those awful candy a day ! yuck )After about a month she no longer needed the candy to distract her. And no weight gain, she is one of those who can eat whatever and still wears a 7 pants!

Y

Mandi, What the heck is going on!!!! You won't be able to recognize yourself..... You can do it. WTG, about all of it, weight loss, exercise and quitting smoking. You can do it.

That really IS awesome Mandi....well done. (does Dan smoke?)

Really though, quitting smoking will even do more for you than losing the weight....so kudos to you.

I never smoked a ciggie in my life so I can't honestly say that I know how you feel but I do know it must be (& will be) tough; just stick with it. You already know you can stick to things.

Thank you guys :o I should try something like that hot tamale thing... hmmm.... maybe I'll go down to the corner store by work tomorrow and see what I can find. My routine is that I wake up, go outside, have a smoke, come in, have a shower, get ready, go to work, get coffee, have smoke, go into work. Then at about 10:30, I go for another. Then again at lunch.. maybe a couple. Then again, mid afternoon, about 3:30, then when we get home after work, then a couple times in the evening. It's alot... not as much as I USED to smoke though... before the last time I quit. Then I smoked a pack a day. At least now, a pack was lasting me a few days. I should be smart, and actually take $20 a week and put it away (along with the $2 a day for coffee!)

Wheezy! Guess what else! We went and ordered our glasses this morning... Dan's getting new ones too. Remember I had those cheap frames from Walmart? Well, my insurance covers up to $150 towards glasses, so I'm using all of that towards my lenses... and that's how much they'll come to. I'll have the anti-scratch and anti-reflective as well. (I had my optometrist app't last week) Apparently my glasses I'm wearing right now are TOO strong. My one eye is + (or -?) 0.25, and the glasses I'm wearing are (+ or - ) 1.00 ! So in a few days I'll have new glasses too!! Woo!

I was looking through my calendar.. and realized it's been a really long time since I last measured myself (not since May). I finally found my tape measure the other day, so I just went into the bathroom and measured away. I blew my mind, yet again! I almost think I MUST have measured wrong somehow the first time, cause there's no way this can be.

Just ran to our office to show Dan how much space there is inbetween me and the measuring tape, where I used to be!

HEAD - WAS: 23" - NOW: 22.75"

NECK - WAS: 16" - NOW: 14.25"

CHEST - WAS: 55" - NOW: 45.5"

WAIST - WAS: 48" - NOW: 38"

HIPS - WAS: 54" - NOW: 45"

THIGHS (around both) - WAS: 43.5" - NOW: 40.25"

CALVES (around both) - WAS: 30" - NOW: 25.5"

LEFT ARM (wrapped loosely around biggest part, waddle and all) - WAS: 18" - NOW: 16"

RIGHT ARM - WAS: 18.5 - NOW: 17"

Yes, I measured my head! LOL I shoulda measured my ankles too!

grand total :

40.75" Gone!

To anyone who hasn't already, or is going to be having surgery, I would highly recommend doing some before measurements. I started off doing it every month after surgery, but I find it a pain in the butt! Every few months is good for me!

haha, it's not much (in the head!)... I probably just didn't put the tape in the same place! But you know... your face gets thinner... I'm sure if I'd measured around my cheeks, for example, I would have lost even more!

Congrats on the huge inches lost Argon. I can't belive it!! A waist in the 30's... you should be really proud.

Just amazing!!!

Dawn

Banded April 4, 2206

Montreal

weight.png

That is great Mandi!! I know!!! Isn't it amazing when you look at the tape at how many inches you've lost...and it's like WHERE THE HELL WAS THAT??!!!

I still do it once a month as well and HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend it; especially for those who are strugglin' with the pounds...cause you WILL see the inches fall off!

Apparently my glasses I'm wearing right now are TOO strong. My one eye is + (or -?) 0.25, and the glasses I'm wearing are (+ or - ) 1.00 ! So in a few days I'll have new glasses too!! Woo!

Forgot to mention....yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy on your new glasses....you should have them in no time!!

I just about croaked at your prescription though!!! I WISH!!!!! Mine is at -7 and -7.25 *sigh*.

WOW!!!!

Mandi, that is incredible, WTG!!!!

And the smoking thing, how's it going? Just remember, be strong, be good to yourself and everything you need to quit you've got inside you!!!!