Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Argon's Activities

lunges are brutal. when i was working out at a gym, I could do all excersizes, but when it came to lunges I literally got naseaus. i think someone told me once that it is because your thigh is such a massive muscle.

BAH! "They're" jerks.

For my own benefit, I'm going to keep track of what my Day 1 gym routine consisted of, and you'll be hearing about Day 2 tomorrow night.

Maybe someday I'll learn the names of the actual exercises!

Day 1 (did almost everything in 2 sets, but I'll work up to 3 sets)

- 18 minutes on the treadmill, at 3.3, slowed down to 3.0 near the end. (I think I stopped when I hit 1 mile (or km?) don't know what the thing measures in)

LEGS

- 2 sets of 12-15 lunges (on each leg)

- with the 'ball', 2 sets of 12-15 squats againts the wall

- lying on the ground, heels on the ball, lifting my butt so I'm at a 45degree angle - 2 sets of 12-15 (these are hard... I wobble too much)

- with stomach on ball, arms in front like I'm gonna do a pushup (but don't bend arms!), raised my ankle-crossed legs to about a 45degree angle (2 sets, 12-15)

ABS

- crunches, with ball in middle/lower back (2 x 12-15)

- with forearms on padded arms, hanging with my feet dangling (supposed to be leg curls, but I can only hang for a little while, no lifting my legs up!) (3 times for as long as I can hold myself up. This was supposed to be for my abs, felt like my arms to me!)

- obliques - leaning on some lean-y thing, bending over sideways, towards ground. 3 sets of 12-15, on each side

I'm glad that other people are reporting that some of their posts are missing, cause I was sure Cloe said that her eyes hurt just reading my 'routine'!!! Now it's gone?!

I couldn't log on to this site for the last 24 hours, I think they must have been having trouble.

HELP! *PATHETICALLY WHINING*

Hi Mandy, since you're our resident computer expert, can u tell me how to post pix? I have some in my computer and on a disc. What the h*ll do i do? I tried, But it wanted the url of the pix, and i didn't know what that was. Do i need to put them somewhere else first? errrgh:o

Actually, on this board, you can actually post pics that are on your computer. Some places make you post a URL, which means you have to upload your pictures onto the internet, so they're on a web page, and people have to go to that to see them.

But HERE, when you're trying to post a picture, click on "Post Reply", like you normally would (not quick reply, cause you can't do it there).

Then, you know the area above where you type in your reply, there's a whole bunch of options, like "fonts", "sizes", etc? There's a little icon that's a paper clip.

Click on that, it'll open a new window, and ask you to 'chose a file'... use that and find wherever on your comp. your pictures are, chose the pic., the picture, then in that window where you've found the picture you want, you can click "choose" or "cancel" (might be different, but I have a Mac), click "choose" then in that first pop-up window, click "upload".

It'll do something for a few sec's, and then I think that's it. Close the popup window, and proceed to type the rest of your message, and post it like you normally would.

I don't think it shows you the picture, so you might not think it's worked (but if you scroll down in the window where you're typing your message, there's an area where it says 'addition options', and "attach files", if your picture uploaded, it'll be listed there). Submit post, and it should show up!

Hope it works! I'll be looking for posts from you with pictures! :)

Ok, so... today I woke up early (10!), to bring my car to Canadian Tire, to get my birthday present, 2 snow tires from my parents, installed. Dropped off the car, then walked over to Pennington's. I was just gonna try stuff on and see where I'm at. I grabbed a couple bras, and 2 pairs of jeans... size SIXTEEN and 18. Tried the bras on first... weren't quite right, so the lady went looking for different sizes for me. I then tried on the jeans. I tried the 16 first. Started sliding on one leg, and was like "Uh oh.. waaaay too tight", pulled them up, and they WENT up! Apparently they are those skinny legged jeans (so, if you're lookin' for those, they have 'em at Penningtons). BUT, they did up, and they fit... I mean fit. They are actually jeans that I would buy, and think "These fit!". I tried the 18's on, and they were good too, a little more 'comfy', but the other ones fit better. Wow... I blew my mind again. I really should have grabbed every other 16 they had in the building, and tried them just to see. But, I'm happy thinking I could wear a 16, and I'm not buying any pants anytime soon, so hopefully by the time I do buy some pants, ANY 16 would fit me. Woo.

So I did buy the 2 bras. I hate doing it, cause I just got some a couple months ago. The last ones, I thought were good... and now, just aren't very good anymore. I feel so flat... or saggy. I never have had bras that keep my boobs up HIGH, where they should be. My last ones did, for a while... now, not so much. They new ones today... they're good, for now.

We're having a party tonight. Work, I mean. Our boss rented an entire bar! Like, one of the 'big' bars in town, is ALL ours tonight. It's a wrap party for this show they just finished. A guy from work, his band is going to play, and our bosses' comedian friend from NY, who's also a writer for us, is going to do his act. It's just everyone from work, their guests, and the animation students from the college here in town. Apparently there's a 'surprise' of some sort, for us. Eee! This is the 2nd wrap party we've had for the show... the first one was for when animation was finished, but this is a FINAL final 'we're finished' party. Last time, they had a big box of tshirts from the producers of the show, and everyone go to sift through and grab some. I actually got 3! All too small... so they're hanging in my closet. I'm thinking that's what the surprise is... more 'swag'. We'll see though.

So I'm getting all snazzed up tonight. My new, rather revealing (for me!) V neck sweater, and one of my new high-boob bras. (one's kind of a camisole type, so that might be better under the sweater. I just might dye my hair tonight today too.

I'll tell y'all how it goes, tomorrow!

Wow, sounds like your gonna have fun tonight! I wonder what the suprise is?

Size 16 !!!! I can only dream! That must have felt GREAT! I know what u mean about the bra situation, my boobs are currently floating freely in thier cups, and the cups are standing alone!

Skinny legs jeans at Penningtons, eh. I have to go see. Congrats on your new size. Have fun at the soiree.

Man, you really do work at the KEWLEST place Mandi! Have a BLAST tonight!!!

...oh yeah, and congrats on the size 16s!!!! Woot Woot!!