Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Argon's Activities

Oh dear, yes a dilemma!!!

Honestly, although we all know that it's no easy road for any of us. I think we still would have an unfair advantage. My opinion only.

But, congrats on the gym membership!!!!!!! Way to go. You should be way proud of yourself!!

I too feel for you on this one. I have been feeling a little badly when people come up to me and say...What are you doing Dawn? Can you write down some tips? I feel a bit like a liar... but i know that I took steps to put in place the tool I needed to make this work for me. Very few people know about my band, and I intend to keep it that way.

It doesn't help you much though does it. For me, I would probably enter the contest and then donate the money (if I won) to a charity that I believed in - or sponsor a child at Chrismtas or something like that. But... if you work hard why shouldn't you get it?? Oh my I am talking myself into a circle!

Needless to say I get the issue and have it myself a bit!

I hope you do what feels right to you!!!

Banded April 4th 2006 (Montreal)

Fill June 9th 2006

weight.png

WTG for joining the gym. Hope you enjoy it. About the contest, I don't know what to say..... Personally, I couldn't accept the money if I won so I wouldn't join the competition. It's not a good situation because part of going to the gym is getting support from the organization and other members, but if you don't participate then you probably won't get that. It is a dilemma to say the least.

Day One at the gym. I had to listen to the woman tell me how I better watch my diet, because 95% of losing weight is your diet... and people get all huffy cause they think coming to the gym should be good enough. I kinda chortled at that. I probably will mention later on that I've lost ___ so far, so I know about that, thanks. *smack*

She kicked my ass. Did 15 minutes on the treadmill, then 3 sets of 12 of each of the weight machine thingys... then some free weights, then freakin' crunches, other crunches, and something kind of like holding a push-up for as long as possible. I have to do that for about a week, then I'll move on to another program, or do whatever I want... I'm not sure.

I'm thinking I AM going to get in on this challenge. I REALLY could use the money, and how else am I gonna be able to benefit financially from losing weight!? That is... until I start stripping. (i'll make a donation to the Mandi's Going Home for Christmas Fund!)

We'll see... I still have a few days to decide. And I shouldn't be so cocky thinking I'm gonna win anyways. (although apparently, the winner last time lost 14lbs in 6 weeks. Hmmmm.....)

Put her in her place! i say go for the contest, what the hell, you need the money right? kick thier asses!

Mandi

I think that you are just as eligible for the contest as someone who is on a weightloss drug or herbal weightloss or weight watchers. And I am sure there will be some. Do others have to say if they are doing any of those? Unless they ask why should you feel as is you have an upper hand over anyone else.

I would do it without guilt and use the $ for your "take dan home for Christmas" fund.

Go for it!!!!

Oh by the way .... I see my magic spell worked!! You've lost HOW MUCH this week??? You're welcome!! Anytime.

Yeah, yeah.. that's a better fund to donate to! My tickets covered, I just need to help him pay for the rest of his. Good idea. Sheesh... I'm selfish. LOL

There were no 'stipulations' or rules or anything... and true, someone could easily be doing other things too.... and probably able to lose more than me!

So yeah, apparently not looking at the scale is the key, and of course your spell! It was 4.2 lbs ! Holy cow.

I've got exactly 10lbs (preferably 11, so I can be in the 100's) to go before Xmas. As of today, it's 9 weeks and 2 days before I go home. I love having these (really) good weeks, cause it makes it a less and less I have to hit each week before Xmas, just in case this crazy streak ends.

I'm finding that mini-goals really ARE good! The fact that I'm really shooting for 200/199 by Christmas makes me not think about how much more I have to go after that.

I called my mom and told her about the gym... and told her I'm not telling her how much I've lost anymore. (might sound mean, but I really didn't make it sound like that)

She always has it set in her mind that its more... she almost seems disappointed that its only, say, 68 lbs, when she thought I was already at 70. (then she tells other people that I'm already at a higher loss that I really am)

I'll wait for the big landmarks, like making it to the 100's, or finally 100lbs lost, but no more weekly updates!

Mandi

You WILL totally be 199 by Christmas. "insert magic spell here"

Your mom is probably so proud of you and brags about everything you do so she is over estimating your loses because she wants it for you so badly!! I am sure she has only your best interest in mind, because thats what moms do!

Mandi, WTG with your workout. You are going to be so sore but don't discourage if it doesn't hurt it didn't do you any good. Also, remember, muscle weighs more than fat, so as you build muscle you may experience the weight loss slow down but you will lose inches fast!!! I am so proud of you to have made this step towards a healthier life style. You are a role model for the rest of us. :clap2:

Thanks guys, and yeah, I know my mom means well. She probably doesn't remember most of what I say anyways... she IS 48 afterall. LOL Just kidding guys!!! :) Here, I'll smack myself for saying that!

So, guess what. Another huge accomplishment for me today. I went to the doctor. I told her I wanted to get a couple prescriptions refilled, and that I'd also like to quit smoking, and that I know wellbutrin and zyban were the same thing, so I'd like to use Wellbutrin to quit smoking, then stay on it .... to cure the crazy's. LOL She asked me a few questions, I turned bright red as I answered... shook like nuts... but she was all for it. She wanted to give me Wellbutrin SR, but I asked if I could do the XL, because it was way smaller, and that was easier for me. She didn't think there was such a thing, and it wasn't in her book, so she called the pharmacy, they confirmed what I'd said, and that's what she wrote out the r/x for! WOO!

Plus, I got it covered by my health plan (I got put on Dan's, cause I haven't been here long enough to get my own coverage), and all together, my prescrriptions were only about $11. Thats sooooo nice. Another reason I thought it was good to be on Wellbutrin, and not Zyban, is cause I think once upon a time when I went on Zyban, it wasn't a covered prescription... but Wellbutrin is.

It's only a 2 month prescription, but I figure its probably alot easier (for me) to go about getting them refilled, providing they work well, and I feel good. I'm almost excited about this. I really hope I start feeling GOOD, because I SHOULD be, right?!

Congratulations!!!

Mandi best wishes in the Quest to stop smoking!! And becoming sane, let know what that is about !! LOL

That's kewl Mandi; hope it works out for you. Kudos for seeing the doc and getting what you want!

Mandi, of course you should fell good. You should be very proud of all the positive changes you made in your life recently. This new step should put icing on the cake....there goes that word again....cake!

Great job Mademoiselle! I have to ask, do you have an English degree? You are very well spoken (written) that is.

Maybe we should review all the posts at then end of the year and create a book of CND LapBand musing 2006. Perhaps a calendar with a years worth of witty musings and sagacious ‘isms.

We, will of course, have a center fold…Let’s see who could fill that void?? I’m picturing someone green, hairy and with a slight case of halitosis. Yes, yes you can bring your lightsaber! Geez...”are we there yet”??? Please keep in mind that your “accessory” will provide a proportion/scale reference for everything in the picture. Thinking twice now, aren’t you?? Maybe just a fig leaf, non? :flame:Burn...Can u feel it?