Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My sleeve experience so far has been quite good.

Pain: I haven’t needed any oral pain meds, my last analgesic was IV morphine that was discontinued 20 hours after surgery. Initially I had some mild soreness when switching from sit to stand, that is mostly gone but now I get an occasional deep pulling sensation if I sneeze, laugh, bend over or stand up quickly. It’s barely worth mentioning and does not even warrant a Tylenol.

Nausea: zero. zilch. nada.

Incisions: My four incisions are still covered with steri strips. I’m getting really sick of ‘em because they itch like crazy, but really trying to be patient and let them come of naturally.

Diet: I had Clear liquids for 2 days, then full liquids for 5 more. At one week I progressed to mushies and it was great, no problems with transitions. Right now am in love with eggs, hummus, and fish (grilled ahi tuna never tasted so good).

Body functions: The first week I belched with every sip and swallow. That has subsided but I now get the ‘gurgles’ in my throat after I drink.

Bowels were rather loose the first week, but as soon as I started more solid food that subsided.

I pee so much less, I am not sure why but others have posted the same so I’m not worried. Also I get plenty of Fluid in and my urine is light in color.

I have literally never in my life had heartburn, until last week. My surgeon does not prescribe or recommend a ppi, but thanks to the education on this board I started taking one on my own, and will continue for about 6 months.

My period came about 10 days early, which is very normal after surgery.

Work: I was more than ready to return to work after one week but couldn’t get an appt with the surgeon for a f/u until day 10, by which time it was going into the long weekend so I thought meh, Tuesday is just as good. So today was my first day back at work. I have a desk job and my only issue was sitting for long periods of time, then when standing up I’d get that pull in my abdomen, annoying but it went away quickly. I believe this is because I’ve been at home, up and about at my own leisure, and not having to sit still (or even upright) for long periods of time like I do at the office. Tomorrow I will make a point to walk more and see if that helps.

Eating at work went well and I felt inconspicuous (as I'd hoped). I had a Protein shake for Breakfast and greek yogurt around 10am. lunch around 12:30 was palak panner that I had added some shredded chicken to - I brought 4 ounces but only ate about half before becoming disinterested….not really full, but just needed to be done. Around 3pm I wasn’t hungry but knew I needed to eat, so had a laughing cow. That was my day. No hunger, no cravings, no constantly thinking about my next meal like I used to. I really hope this lasts forever!!

Beth, it sounds like you are having a wonderful experience with your sleeve. I hope my first two weeks post-op are as uneventful as yours. You are doing a great job adjusting to your new sleeve.

My sleeve experience so far has been quite good.

Pain: I haven’t needed any oral pain meds, my last analgesic was IV morphine that was discontinued 20 hours after surgery. Initially I had some mild soreness when switching from sit to stand, that is mostly gone but now I get an occasional deep pulling sensation if I sneeze, laugh, bend over or stand up quickly. It’s barely worth mentioning and does not even warrant a Tylenol.

Nausea: zero. zilch. nada.

Incisions: My four incisions are still covered with steri strips. I’m getting really sick of ‘em because they itch like crazy, but really trying to be patient and let them come of naturally.

Diet: I had Clear Liquids for 2 days, then full liquids for 5 more. At one week I progressed to mushies and it was great, no problems with transitions. Right now am in love with eggs, hummus, and fish (grilled ahi tuna never tasted so good).

Body functions: The first week I belched with every sip and swallow. That has subsided but I now get the ‘gurgles’ in my throat after I drink.

Bowels were rather loose the first week, but as soon as I started more solid food that subsided.

I pee so much less, I am not sure why but others have posted the same so I’m not worried. Also I get plenty of Fluid in and my urine is light in color.

I have literally never in my life had heartburn, until last week. My surgeon does not prescribe or recommend a ppi, but thanks to the education on this board I started taking one on my own, and will continue for about 6 months.

My period came about 10 days early, which is very normal after surgery.

Work: I was more than ready to return to work after one week but couldn’t get an appt with the surgeon for a f/u until day 10, by which time it was going into the long weekend so I though meh, Tuesday is just as good. So today was my first day back at work. I have a desk job and my only issue was sitting for long periods of time, then when standing up I’d get that pull in my abdomen, annoying but it went away quickly. I believe this is because I’ve been at home, up and about at my own leisure, and not having to sit still (or even upright) for long periods of time like I do at the office. Tomorrow I will make a point to walk more and see if that helps.

Eating at work went well and I felt inconspicuous (as I'd hoped). I had a Protein shake for Breakfast and greek yogurt around 10am. lunch around 12:30 was palak panner that I had added some shredded chicken to - I brought 4 ounces but only ate about half before becoming disinterested….not really full, but just needed to be done. Around 3pm I wasn’t hungry but knew I needed to eat, so had a laughing cow. That was my day. No hunger, no cravings, no constantly thinking about my next meal like I used to. I really hope this lasts forever!!