Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Will this ever happen...

Hi everyone,

I made the decision to do this i had my date 13 july, but i got a phone call the other day and i was cancelled due to the health department and public funding. NICE. now i have another date 24th August it really put a downer on me and now iam felling like it will never happen...please i need some one to help me get my spirits back up...please let me know any good stories on your progress...

thanks Fiona:help:

Hi Fiona. I have just gone through yet another operation due to complications of having the band. I would use the extra time to think about whether or not you really need to have this surgery or if you could do this on your own. I am grateful for the weight I have lost but I have had to have two operations after the initial surgery to correct problems, the most recent being just last week. I have been so sick because of the latest round of surgery that I now regret having this done.

It is an individual choice but if I knew then what I know now I would never have had the surgery. Sorry to be a downer but everyone tends to be so over the top with praise for the surgery but they never talk about the bad side of things or they think it's worth it. Personally I am sick of being sick all the time and sick of having to have surgery after surgery. I have always done everything absolutey right and yet things still go wrong, that's just the way it is.

Have a good think about it between now and August and have a good read of the complications that people on this site have had - there are a lot of them. Best of luck with your decision.

Bernie what sort of problems have you had if you dont mind saying.

Look some people have problems and others dont but you also need to look on the positive side and not just the negative.

It is only your decision that you can make yourself and whatever you choose i hope its the right one.

this band has helped me alot so far, and yes i have alot of problems with food getting stuck and experience alot of pain, but i look in the mirror all the time as well and see how good im starting to look now, and if i didnt get the band i would have been prob 10 kgs heavier than waht i was before i got the band.

My health has also improved, and i can chase after my kids again, and i can run up a floor of stairs without gasping for breath!!!!!LOL.....

This is totally your decision:)

Goodluck

Fee, I had my port replaced four months after my first op because it was faulty so for the first four months it didn't work properly but through will power I still lost weight. For the last three months I haven't been able to eat much at all and have had terrible stomach and back pain. That led to a week of vomiting and pain and not being able to drink or eat at all. I ended up in hospital in surgery again and they say the band had slipped.

Don't get me wrong, as I said, I am grateful for the weight I have lost but a lot of people on here are not realistic about this whole thing. It is a lot of hard work, it is not easy at all and the amount of complications is astounding - something a lot of people fail to tell you about before you have it done. I'm trying to be honest and realistic and let people know the truth before they go ahead with this major decision. A lot of people take this decision far too lightly and think it is a magic cure and that they don't have to work just as hard as they would without the band to lose weight.

Best of luck to all of those considering it and to those who have had it done. The hard work is just beginning!

Bernie im sorry to hear what happened to you thats not good at all

Those looking into it dont rush, do alot of research!!!!