Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am ready to begin my life. I sat on the couch for the past 25 years and now I am ready to grab the bull by the horns. Unfortunately I can't start excercising until I'm fully healed. So for the meantime I am envisioning a smaller me. We can do this!!

The lightheadedness is to be expected we are taking in much less than we did previous to the band being placed and also anesthesia does funny things to your system even after you have been awake for awhile.

It will get better, and we will get thinner!! WOOHOO!

Bless you guys! I was starting to think something was seriously wrong with me because of all the rumbing in my belly. I was just banded on July 5th. On the first day, everything seem pretty normal. (Or maybe I just didn't notice because of the pain medication?) But on the second day, it was like my stomach finally woke up and started protesting about what I had done to it! Thanks for all the suggestions on quieting things down! I'm definitely going to pick up some Gas-X before church tomorrow!

Okay- I was banded on the 5th too, and this morning, I'm feeling WAY better. I hope you are too. I can't believe I have lost 12 lbs since Monday!!!! I know it is mostly Water, but WOW! I'm still a little freaked that I went to this extreme to lose the weight. I was 226- with a BMI of 37--BUT -I have lost the same 75 lbs 4 times in my adult life, and never keep it off- plus 10!! GOOD luck to all of us! ~:)

i was also banded on the 5th.

Anyone else feel like taking a deep breathe is difficult?

just curious if this is normal.

YES- I was sent home with this incentive breathing thingy. I'm supposed to suck on it 8 times, 4 times a day- to "prevent pnemonia". It measures your lung volume, and it is hard, but has gotten easier each day. So- practice! I think it is the gas in that left shoulder that makes it difficult- but I definatly have a hard time taking a deep breath- so it must be "normal"- hang in there~:)

July5forme -

Yes taking a deep breath is difficult. I am a severe asthmatic and since the surgery have felt a tightness in my chest, but it is not asthma related. I think it just the trapped gas and the soreness of the muscles that are making it difficult to breathe deeply. Like Paula said practice with your incentive spirometer!!

I haven't had any of the gas problems...I'm almost wondering what is wrong that I'm not. I can breath deeply and feel the band when I get to the holding my breath part. I've belched quite well, but not anything painful at all. Thank GOD!! Keep walking and taking the Gas-X for those who are still having issues. I like that we're all in this together :)

Oddly enough for me I didn't find any noticable relief from walking or gas-x after my surgery. The best thing for me was just laying on my left side, with my knees partly bent. The way the digestive system is organized in the body, the gas moves through easiest on that side. Particularly after about 3 days post surgery when the gas started making it's way out of my body the way gas is supposed to, I found laying in that position easiest. Some people though find they can't lay on their sides right after, but it worked for me.

WEll, I went and walked Target, but the gas is still there. I went to Quiznos and got Chick noodle, and drained the soup- and ate the broth- it does help clear my head- I like that we are all able to share what is going on with us. I would be much more freaked out if you all weren't out there listening to me! THANK YOU. We are gonna be so healthy and CUTE, I can't wait!

Thanks to everyone for all of the great advice. By the 4th day after surgery, I was really feeling a lot better, at least as far as the gas problem went. I'm having a little trouble breathing as well. Nothing serious though. Periodically, it feels like someone is standing on my chest, and I feel like I can't take a breath. It only lasts a second, but it happens all the time. The biggest thing I'm worried about is that I haven't lost any weight yet, not even Water weight. I'm exactly the same weight I was the morning of surgery. I lost 13 pounds on the pre-op diet, but now that I'm actually eating less, I'm not losing anything. How is that possible? I'm living on Protein Shakes. Occasionally, I'll have a cup of juice or a glass of skim milk. I've had Soup once. I'm getting a little (okay, a lot) discouraged. It seems like everyone else is losing 10 pound in the first week! Did anyone else have the same problem?

I have lost weight, but my Dr. didn't have a pre-op diet, he just had me start liquids the day before surgery...you have to have protein- so keep up those shakes- and you will lose, there is no way you can't! I am 5 days out of surgery and am feeling fine. Went to work this am, took son to dr. went to "eat" at sweet tomatoes (I did the broth from the chik soup)- and now am watching the kids swim in my pool- from my desk! So hang in there- I still have the gas pain in shoulder, but it isn't constant- and I started at 226, and am now 211!!! :clap2: