Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just banded 7/5/06

I was banded the same day you were and I'm feeling awesome! I am surprised how good I feel. I didn't have the gas pains, so that was a plus. I'm anticipating this coming Wednesday as I'm only going to weigh myself in 1 week increments. I was down 14.5 prior to surgery with the two weeks of liquid, so I'm anxious to see how much more I'm down 1 week post op. Good luck to you!

Thanks Stephanie!! I am very surprised at how good I feel and so is DH. He thought I was going to be laying on the couch crying for him to do everything for me. It's amazing isn't it? Best of luck to you on your journey to a better you!

Welcome to LBT and to bandland!!! So happy to hear you are feeling well andf so happy with your band so far!! Keep on posting I'm glad your here.

wow Jammin down 100!!! congrats! I was also banded on July 5th. I'm doing good - just cant bend over yet! but its fine, it is true- though- what goes in comes out the same so this liquid diet is kicking my behind ! lol excuse the bad pun haha but other than that, I'm not in too much pain, just soreness and tightness around the incisions.

Thanks Jamie!! I have been a member of this site for over a year, but didn't really say much because I wasn't sure if I would ever get the band. But now I'm banded and loving it for the most part!

Leona - Yay for us July5 bandsters! There seems to be a lot of us doesn't there? I caved and had some mashed potatoes a little while ago. I had a nervous breakdown and started crying because I can't do the Protein shakes because they are disgusting. DH made me very very thin (consistency of yogurt, which I am allowed) mashed potatoes and they were like having heaven on a fork!!

I feel much better now :)

Becka, do you have surgery scheduled anytime soon?

We share the same lap band birthday :-) I'm glad to see you are doing well and I look forward to reading more about your progress!!!!

:) Hello, I was banded July 6 also. I have felt really great. Lots of gas though. The Gas-X dissovable slips are wonderful. They are new, just like those breath sheets, just put them on your tongue.

My friend was banded a year and a half ago and both of us have had this problem after surgery. Our left shoulder hurts worst than anything else. It will eventually go away . The Dr. said it was gas catching in that spot??? Sounds resonable. Just wondered if anyone else had that symtom.

banded July6,2006

Dr. Jeffery Caylor

Foley, Alabama

I am doing well also everyone. Tomorrow I can finally drive cuz I am sick of being home! I am still on the liquids and really not that hungry. I have my moments and I just drink the serving and I am fine. One thing I did learn is the 15 min rule. Wait 15 minutes after eating and you will feel full. It takes that long for the brain to get the signal of feeling full. There have been times I drink my portion and thought sheesh I am still hungry! But I waited and POOF!.. I felt full.. Gas isnt so bad now. I did have the left shoulder collection for a couple of days but that has subsided. I have some fatigue.. dont know if I am not getting enough Water or if I am not getting enough Protein. I see the Doc on friday so I will be on pureed then and can have more Protein like eggs and chicken and tuna etc.

Just checking in.. I am not getting on a scale until Friday so I will let you know the results 9 days post op.

Hugz,

Donna Marie :)

OO I had my op on wednesday the 5th of July too! I hope u are feeling slightly better now. I feel alot better and just in slight pain. Actually i would call it more discomfort than pain. The gas is the worst part as it does hurt until u get up and move about to shift it! As with one of the lovely ladies who wrote before me, i never imagine myself announcing to the public about my gas!

Anyway hope all my fellow 5th July bandsters are happy and doing well!

Liv x

Another July 5th bandster checking in...

I will be weighing tomorrow for my official one week post-op weigh in, but as of this morning I'm down 6.3 pounds since surgery and 20.8 pounds since starting my liquid on June 21st. I had a bit of oatmeal yesterday, watered/milked down, and it was heaven. I had a SF/FF pudding about 8pm tonight and it was good, too. Otherwise I've been having Slim Fast shakes in the blender with milk and ice. They are pretty good. I have my post-op appt. on the 20th.

Glad to hear everyone is doing so well. I never had any of the gas problems some of you speak of.

Also Banded July 5.

We should really have our own thread. lol

I don't have my first post op appointment till the 21st. I haven't had any hunger issues so far (knock on wood). I've only had Water, crystal lite, diet tea, sf popsicles, and when i think i'm hunger i can keep down a third of thos sf carnation instant Breakfast drinks.

I'm think about trying creme Soups next week. Any recommendations? :hungry:

It sounds like all of us are doing really well. :clap2: