Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just banded 7/5/06

Hey everyone! :clap2:

I am a long time lurker who was just banded on Wednesday and I am feeling great! I am a little sore and tired but that is to be expected!

I cannot tell you how happy I am to have had the surgery and to be on the losing side now! I am so excited to begin my life in bandland!! :biggrin1:

Congrats! I was also banded on July 5th. I am also feeling well. I am a bit sore but not excruciatingly so. I am a gas bag though.. lol sheesh.. never thought I would publicly say that about myself. LOL

I started the Protein drinks and just had a popsicle.. Really not hungry. That is a good thing!

Congrats again!

DonnaMarie

Congratulations ladies!

I get more and more excited for you all everytime I see that someone has been banded! I am glad you are doing well! :clap2:

Congrats. Make sure you follow the post op diet correctly. Really important you spend the next month or so healing and not over eating or eating the wrong types of foods. Good luck.

Congrats! I just got banded today and the gas is pushing on my band and is painful. Any sugguestions or remedies to lesser the discomfort?

Chuckle

Maalox Max is the answer to move the gas....I used teh liquid and it MOVES everything....so expect some loose stools but at least it moves the gas!!! Keep walking!!!!

God Bless,

Melody

Banded 3/20/06 -57lbs :scared:

Chuckle - congrats!! I have been taking chewable Gas-X and it is working wonders. Also, make sure you walk around because that helps to loosen the gas from inside of your body. I try to walk for at least 10 minutes almost every hour if I feel up to it.

It will get better!!

I am new to this website and looking to find information about the Lap Band. I am scheduled to be banded on Aug 29, yet I am scared of what I will feel afterwards....everyone seems so positive but anyone have negative effects?

Lori, i was just banded on Thursday and i do not feel all that bad. I've had 2 c-sections and a knee surgery and this doesn't begin to compare to any of those. Yes, my port site hurts ~ but duuhhh...its a 2 inch incision and stiched to the ab muscle!! Just be realistic and good to yourself and you will be fine. Continue to read the posts here and others ~ atleast i did and it helped me really prepare. Take care, and God bless. Jessica

I have been a member of this site for over a year. I have learned a lot just by reading posts. I am so glad to be a part of the banded community.

Glad you are feeling good Jessica. This is going to be a great beginning for us all! :)