Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food nightmares

I spent a year on the induction phase of the Atkins diet... became intimately familiar with all the low-to-no carb tricks of the trade a few months in, and then started having "nightmares" about food. I'd dream that I was eating something and didn't realize it was high in carbs until I'd eaten the whole thing, or I would dream that I'd "forgotten" I was on a diet, and ate a whole batch of Cookies, then as I'm swallowing the last one I'd finally "remember" I was supposed to be avoiding carbs. In my dreams it was never just, "Oh crap, I forgot" -- it was a horrible thing, like "Now I've just blown everything!" I know that a lot of it came from obsessing over what I ate, how many carbs it had, picking every little carrot shred out of my dinner salad, etc. When I shared this with a message board I was on at the time, I was surprised to see that LOTS of people were dreaming the exact same kinds of things.

Lastnight I had a LB nightmare. I dreamed that I chugged a can of Diet Coke, because I forgot I couldn't have it, then started to cringe as I waited for the pain to come... you know like when you stub your toe and you have just enough time to think, "Crap, this is really going to hurt..." before the pain actually kicks in? Then I woke up.

I know I'm not the only one...

Last night I had a dream of eating all sorts of things. Funny, I thought I would be alone in my bandster dreaming. It was delicious in my dreams. I may have been hungry during the night so maybe my imagination got the best of me!

Ha ha

I was banded 2 weeks ago, been on liguid diet for 3 weeks.

Went to 2 BBQ's over the 4th and had a "nightmare" that my little 1 oz cups of Water next to mt bed, was a big juicy BBQ'd steak and I was leaning over pigging out on it, knowing I shouldnt.

When I woke up I was glad it was a dream hahaha

Ok, you are not going to believe this but I had a dream last night that my dog was laying next to me instead of my husband with her head on his pillow and we were discussing food options. It went something like this...:scared:

Me: Let's talk about different ways to prepare chicken...chicken mole, chicken picatta, chicken tacos...

Zelda: Chicken Jerky treats are pretty good too. You should try them sometime Mom...

And, she was actually talking to me...:embarassed:

I've totally lost my marbles on this liquid diet.:heh:

ahahah, the dog dream, that takes the cake that was really funny. I haven't had a dream like that, i usually dont have food dreams but more like hot steamy dreams with guys i've never met. And you know what, I'm fat in all my dreams and the guys still want me!:guess

I'm sure that I must dream, but I never remember them. Maybe that is a good thing.