Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New from Cincinnati area

I was born in Cincinnati, but I'm in COLUMBUS proper, just a few minutes from the campus of the Ohio State University now.

I was going to have my lab band done at Barix Clinic in Groveport but my insurance doesn't cover the surgeon. (I was approved for the surgery but not with that doctor if I want more than 60% coverage.) I'm now looking at getting it done at the University Medical Center. Probably a better choice over all.

Great to see so many Ohioans on the board.

Juli

Good afternoon all!! I am from the Youngstown area. I am scheduled for surgery on Dec. 19th by Dr. Woodruff at St. Joseph Health Center in Warren, Ohio. All of my appts, workshops, etc are at the St. Elizabeth & St. Joseph Weight Loss Center in Youngstown. Does anyone else go there?? I work at St. Elizabeth Health Center (Humility of Mary Health Partners) and we have great insurance. I just got clearance from the insurance company today, and started to cry when I was talking to them. Some people asked me, are you sure you want to do this right before the holidays?? I said yes, b/c I want to start 2007 with a fresh start!! I know that it is going to be very hard, but I feel like I have prepared myself mentally and emotionally that I will succeed. Not to mention that I couldn't ask for a more supporting family. My mom has been by my side the entire time, and I can't put into words how great that feels. At first she was very nervous, but after attending my first support group meeting with me she had a whole new outlook. It was nice being able to talk to people that have had this experience, who have had some struggles they could share and could give you real advise. Not that the Dr. or nurse etc at the dr's office aren't help b/c they are, but it is nice to be able to talk to someone that has experienced it first hand. Well I am ranting and raving, so I better go.

Once more thing, if you have been banded, what is some advise you would give someone? What have been some of your struggles??

If you have not been banded yet, what do you look forward to the most?? What are you most scared of??

Thxs!! Beck

Hello OHIO, I hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful day. It's been one month today since I was banded so I weighed myself this morning and I have lost 6# since I had my first fill on Monday. I couldn't believe it. My clothes that I tried on last week for my upcoming cruise were a little snug but this morning they fit just right. Hopefully this keeps up and I will be one happy person. Beck I am so glad that you got approved, my advice for you is to look at things on the upside and realize that it is going to be different. By having this surgery this is a door opening for you to lose the weight and become healthy and live life like it should be lived. I also recommend that you listen to what your dr. tells you to do. You will see better results and not run the risk of becoming sick. And lastly I would say to relax and enjoy the holidays and get ready for the new year and the new you.

I'm near the Cleveland area. I had my surgery done at St. VIncent Charity in Cleveland by Dr. Aviv Ben-Meir. Good luck on getting your approvals and welcome to LBT.

Hi I am from Lisbon Ohio about 1/2 hour to 45 minutes from Younstown! I went to St Vincent Cherity and had my RYN bypass done by Dr Sonpal in May of 2000.

I am now trying to find out about getting the banding procedure done because I have regained my weight in this time. I have had two pregnancies , hystorcetomy and quite smoking all in two years! (loosing the first baby) Stress is a major contributor I am sure!

I Know from my experience with insurnace, Blue Cross Blue Shield, I had to battle to get mine approved! It finally took a letter from my Gyn. and family doctor and the they approved it in a matter of two weeks! nSo stay stay strong and keep your head up and remember that is they denie you the first time that you can appeal it and I know when I had mine about 65% of the approvals were done by going through an appeal!

I would love to go back to Dr sonpal in Cleveland but they do not band on GBP patients! I have thought about having the "tune up" but soo much to consider! I think if I can find someone to band me I will do that!

I would love to have someone near to keep in touch with on here! So if anyone is interested please respond!

Good luck all and keep your head up!:clap2: