Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone else just lost their appetite after banding? It didn't happen right away - like 8 months later.

First I blamed it on being busy getting ready to move, then I thought it was because it was difficult for me to find food to eat here, now, I just don't know.

I have adjusted to food, ordered enough food off the internet that I have options, printed out tons of recipes, my gardener brings me fresh tomatoes, spinach, coriander, carrots, ...

I pretty much force myself to eat. For lunch, I had 1/2 c black Beans with cheddar cheese and some black bean/rice tortilla chips. This morning I had tea and 6 almonds. I won't care if I eat tonight or not so I bribe myself - I get to read or watch a sitcom on DVD if I eat. I try to get in 1000 calories a day. I walk 30 minutes every morning and sometimes at night again.

I don't think I'm depressed of anything. I just don't care if I eat! I make dishes and take them to potlucks. I attended two receptions this week and never tried an appetizer at all.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Road Queen.

Are you happy with your weight loss? Thats all I would at this point be concerned about. I personally would be rejoicing. I still want food all the time the only thing thats changed for me is that I have to chew a lot or I get stuck other than that I still am hungry most of the time.

I really think you have a blessing going on, I would go with the flow.........

It sounds like food isn't controlling your life like it often does with overweight people! I would be rejoicing, too!

I can't even imagine what I would be willing to pay to know that feeling!!!:grouphug: :eek:

no kidding, but you're still loosing weight? and you're taking your Vitamins, Proteins, etc, so you're not feeling down, or anaemic, or something like that, correct?... if that's the case, then you're just plain lucky!:clap2:

In my case, during the 18 months I've been banded, unfortunately I have NEVER really lost my appetite (if I did loose it a bit a few times after fills, I guess it always found it's way back too damn easily...) . I keep telling my doctor that next surgery I need is to have a band around my brain...:D

all the best,

niki

I don't care much about food and it's the best thing side effect of the band. I love being "NON-Interested"... It's like losing a drug habit and it's exactly what I wanted to happen. I wanted to eat to stay alive, not stay alive to eat. I want my enjoyment from life and not junk food.

yep , I to have the issue, but its a grt issue to have seeing that I have to force myself to eatt

I WANT WHAT YOU GOT!!!!!!

I've had the band for almost a year & have NEVER felt that way. I WANT to eat all the time. The thought of what I should or shouldn't be eating is constantly on my mind. It annoys me! I want to be free of food & the thought of food!!!

So, what do you guys think you're doing that helps this? Do you have tight fills? Did this come on gradually or have you felt this immediatly after banding?

I am so jealous....

For one entire month I was completely at my "sweet spot" and felt just that way! I was actually concerned when I used fitday for 2 days and came up with 600-700 calories 2 days in a row! I had to make an effort to have a decent lunch just to get my calories up! I have not felt like that for 4-5 months now. I had a tiny tweak of a fill (from 2.1 to 2.3) and it has made no difference. Is that total lack of hunger related to your fill level, do you think? I have done a really good job of keeping my portions and calories under control, but I hate that freaking "hungry all the time" feeling that has returned. I see that you are at 1.5 ccs on your fill....but that means little since we are all so different in relation to our fills, lol. I hear that stress can affect restriction (the packing and MAJOR move to Africa, etc...) .....are you maybe having better restriction with the same amount of fill?

At my support group they called this "how skinny people feel". Its the phase that you don't feel hunger, you forget to eat, etc. I would be happy as a clam to have this feeling. I'm not hungry, but because I am use to eating I eat. So I am defeating the band right now. Sounds like you have a perfect handle on it. Good job.

I've gone through a few periods of this. At one point I went for over a week on 1 grazy meal a day. It would get to be about 3:30, and I'd realize that I hadn't eaten (food hadn't even crossed my mind). Then I started making myself eat, and eventually whatever it was wore off, lol.

My fill level is tight... probably too tight but I love this "Non-Interest"... I do believe this is what skinny people feel like.

I would have some removed from my band but even with eating about 600 - 800 calories a day I'm only losing about 1.5... I'm afraid if I have the fill reduced then I won't lose at all. (I've been a yo-yo dieter and an exerciseahaulic (spelling is bad too) for most of my life. My metabolism needs this boost right now.

I still drink two Protein shakes a day and pick at most of my meals. Usually just a few bites at any given meal. I don't PB as much since I've learned what not to eat and how careful to be. That also has me stearing away from a lot of healthy Protein though.

I didn't have a big appetite before banding. Most of my eating was just to eat since everyone else was eating. I could drink my weight in coffee/creamer.

Now I have no appetite. Today I ate 16 whole grain wheat crackers (240)calories and 16 tsp chicken salad about 200 calories and one Atkins Breakfast bar (150) calories. But I never felt hungry just knew I had to eat something.

M