Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am wondering from those who have been there how in the heck I am supposed to make a 1 to 2oz meal last 30 minutes? Seriously? That is what my dr post op diet says. I get that maybe after a little bit when you are no longer on puree diet but that just seems crazy! Is this really do able?

Oh, yeah, it's doable. Some days it was a struggle to get it down! My days of scarfing down vast quantities of food in minutes ended with my surgery. Restriction will keep you from eating too fast or too much--or it will hurt or come back up.

I am wondering from those who have been there how in the heck I am supposed to make a 1 to 2oz meal last 30 minutes? Seriously? That is what my dr post op diet says. I get that maybe after a little bit when you are no longer on puree diet but that just seems crazy! Is this really do able?

very doable. . . i'm out now 18 months and can still only get down 4 - 6 oz at each meal. . . i can do Breakfast 1 boiled egg and 1 slice of bacon and then not eat for the rest of the day if i have too. . . (but of course that is not good) and i find 1 spa lean cuisine too much as well.

This is one of the ways my plan varies from others. I was told to never continue to eat after 30 minutes (and you'd probably never want to) but that I do not have to make my meal last 30 minutes.

Just tonight I had beef strips. It's the second time I've had beef. And I was able to eat 1.5 ounces. In a case like that I was told that after the chew, chew, chew and swallow, to wait at least 90 second.s before starting another bite. So basically it boils down to a bite every 2 minutes.

That seems to work for me. I'm kind of proud that after 2 months and moving back to regular food, I've never had any issues with vomiting due to overeating or eating too fast. I've had very few moments of discomfort and none of the other signs of overeating. Oddly I am getting the hiccups a lot but it's never anywhere near eating food, but seems to be triggered more by drinking Water. The thing that cured hiccups before now gives them to me!

Believe me, my morning egg still is cold by the time I get the most of it I can eat down. And it turns out it doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would but I think the fact that it's summer helps. I think eating a lot of cold food in winter will bother me more.

After a while, you'll find your own way. I really doubt you'll be stretching 2 ounces of food to 30 minutes for the rest of your life. On the other hand, if you have to, your body will let you know.

I don't think one ounce will last thirty minutes, but as you progress to 2-3 oz. per meal, for sure. I take a small bite, chew for 30 seconds, and wait another 30 seconds before taking another bite.

Lynda

I'm 2 months out and rarely am I able to eat 2oz of dense Protein. It's really hard to completely grasp the concept until you've been sleeved & experience it for yourself. :)

The best part is, not only will 2oz fill you up, but it also satisfies you!