Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Last Sunday after church the Hubby and I went to our local Goodwill Industries store to pick him up some work pants. The last time I went in there, which was over a year ago, I had to look in the “Plus Size” section. Now everyone knows how that goes . . . when you enter a store you see all these cute clothes for the “regular” sized woman but go to the Plus Size section and you see some of your Grandma’s old clothes . . . you know the jeans/pants with elastic in the waist and some of her old gardening shirts thrown in for good measure!!! :rolleyes: Now this time I went to the regular size section for women!! I made out like a bandit!!! I got a pair of Michael Kor’s jeans [tag still on them], Levi’s and another brand that I can’t remember the name of all for $7.99 a pair!!! I was in heaven!!! :angel_smile: The size of the jeans were a 16 on the Michael Kor’s [which are now sagging just a little but who cares they cost me $7.99] and the other ones were a size 14 which I can proudly wear with no trouble!!! My scale is not moving a great deal so it must be inches right???!!! YAY either way!!!:teeth_smile: :teeth_smile: :teeth_smile: I’m going to re-measure myself tonight so that I can know exactly what I’ve done. I’m only 5 weeks out from my VSG surgery and I’m loving every minute of it!!! Just thought I’d share!! Smooches!!!!<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break">

That is awesome! I know exactly what you mean, though I found some awesome skirts at Goodwill. They are very forgiving.

Good for you--for the weight/inches loss as well as the great shopping karma! Over literally the last week, I have moved from a size 22 to a loose size 20--and I have lost ZERO pounds in the interim. I didn't exactly believe the "if you're not losing weight, you're losing inches" thing, but in my case, it's 100% true. Thanks for the reminder of Goodwill--I think of them often as I put together yet another bag of too-big clothing, but for some reason, I don't think about shopping there. DUH!

Meg

I love thrift stores!!!! They are my cravings now : )

Great comment. There's one I've driven by several times and I am actually craving going there. My life is very chaotic with caring for a disabled family member and working full time so it's an effort to squeeze in something like this. But I'm really looking forward to it. I plan to buy down at least 1 size, not what I can fit into now which I have plenty of since my weight has always bounced around.

GoodWill got me through the rapid weight loss phase for like 23 dollars! AMEN. Now things are slowing down and I have been wearing the same jeans for a couple months,(they are a LOT looser) I find I need more work out clothes than regular clothes :D My job provides uniforms and boy did they take a hit on that,( I offered to wear reg until things slowed down) but I have gone from a 48 pant to a 36 and a 2xl shirt to a med and they had to buy 2 of each size along the way at about 40 bucks a pair/shirt and of course new belts and sweaters :lol:

I wonder if they now regret telling me I could not wear street clothes?

I've become a Goodwill JUNKIE! I go there every Sunday and spend about $20 on clothes. Some of them I can wear now and some are clothes I expect to wear sometime in the next 3 months. When I get back I sort them out. Every couple of weeks I try on the clothes that didn't quite fit me yet & it is so exciting when they suddenly fit & I can add them in to my regular clothes rotation.

Ooohhh yeah I LOVE Goodwill!!! I do a drop-off and pick-up kinda thing. On all Holidays at the Big G's in my neighborhood everything in the store goes 50% OFF!!! CanNOT beat that!

I'm always buying clothes that are too small for me there (why not at $2 bucks a pair??? ...and some with tags still attached!!!) and I have an arsenal of pants folded up in our closet rafters waiting patiently for me. I started this back when I was still in 18's and 20's... I'm running out of options at the moment as the only sizes left with pants I can't fit into yet are in sizes 6 through 10. I usually do a pant fit bonanza once a month during which I know I'm the smallest. MMhhmmmm it's always good times and it sure makes my week!

I can buy tons of pants for 20 bucks... and come to think of it I think it's time for a new run soon. ;)

Makes me want to run to goodwill....it is so wise to shop at resale shop during your losing stage. It is such a waste of money to pay full price for a pair of pants or shirt that you will wear for maybe a month. You are a smart cookie.

AAWWWW thanks my fellow loosers!!! When I find/hear about good information I have to pass it on. I've learned soooooo much from everyone on this board it would be wrong for me not to pass on the little info that I do get. I think I'm doing another Goodwill run this weekend. :D :D I promise not to spend over $20 and this week I've been an awfully good girl in need of a treat!!! I'll keep you posted!! Toodles!!!

Don't " promise" not to spend more than $20. Promise us to try lots on and get something that makes you FEEL awsome and look fabulous!!!!

That ( to me anyways) is the point of thrift store shopping

; )