Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hair extensions?

Hi all,

Do you have hair extensions or did you use them while you hair was thinning or thin? I searched the forums but could only find one user who said she had them. I'm wondering how well they would work if you hair is falling out. I mean, they attach to your hair, so if it falls out, wouldn't they come out too? And I'm not sure how often they have to be touched up or the general expense.

My hair is a normal thickness now, but I am only one month out. I like to plan ahead, so I'm researching hair solutions now. I know another option is a short, layered cut but my hubby hates short hair. And bless his heart, he is not picky about many things so I hate to disappoint him in this one area.

Thanks in advance for your advice,

Lynda

i'm a black lady so i don't know if this will be helpful to you. when i've had weaved theres two ways they do it. if i want sew-in, they braid my hair in cornrows first. if it's glue they glue it to the scalp. i know there are other methods out there. i don't think the extensions will fall out though when you take them out you may be shock at how much hair comes out at the same time (instead of the gradual). i decided to have microbraids for the the next few months so i won't stress too much while i'm dealing with recovery.

Hi all,

Do you have hair extensions or did you use them while you hair was thinning or thin? I searched the forums but could only find one user who said she had them. I'm wondering how well they would work if you hair is falling out. I mean, they attach to your hair, so if it falls out, wouldn't they come out too? And I'm not sure how often they have to be touched up or the general expense.

My hair is a normal thickness now, but I am only one month out. I like to plan ahead, so I'm researching hair solutions now. I know another option is a short, layered cut but my hubby hates short hair. And bless his heart, he is not picky about many things so I hate to disappoint him in this one area.

Lynda

To be honest my husband was always a long hair guy. Then when I had my lap band and got my hair cut should length once it started thinning, it never really got too thin (thick mane here) he really liked it. Now, when I got my sleeve, and it REALLY got thin and I went one day and told the guy that does my hair "now that I have a neck again, let's show it off" and he chopped it all of and gave me a short doo, my husband LOVES it! He says i'm so sexy now and cannot stop kissing my neck! So, just because he says he likes long hair doesn't mean he cannot change his mind. Once your features change and your hair accentuates your beauty intead of hides it, he my just LOVE it!!!

Patti

Oh yeah, and if he doesn't, it will grow back! and right now I'm due for a cut and my hair is growing back curly, never had curly hair in my life!!! Go figure!

There are hair extensions that come on little clips and combs so you can place them where you need them and they last forever because you put them in and take them out daily. I don't have any, but one of my besties does and they look great!

I have hair extentions (white girl) and I love them. I have not had the surgery yet. When they glue them into your hair they glue them to like 10 strands of hair. if a couple fall out then the rest still hold on to the extention. I lost a lot of them off the start (total maybe 12). I have had them for 5 months now and they still look great. I went in for a trim, and did not have to have any added. They cost A LOT to get put in, but in my opinion they were worth it. I love mine.

Hi all,

Lynda

Thanks for the tips!! I have a few options now so I'll just wait and see how bad it gets. Right now I am enjoying my still thick hair while it lasts.

Lynda