Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone,

I wish I could tell you all how inspired I am with all of your stories. I am a 46 year old mother of 4 (2 step kids) who has fought with the same 60 pounds for most of my adult life. I am 5'4" and weigh 198 pounds. Nothing depresses me more than watching a UFC fight with my husband and seeing the light heavyweights weigh in at 185......I am 15 pounds heavier than a freakin light heavyweight!!!! So my story is, at 198 pounds, realistically I look like I weigh about 170 lbs. I carry my weight very well as I am quite muscular. Is the sleeve right for me? My BMI is 32 and some health professionals say I am too small...which ironically is something I have NEVER heard in my lifetime!! I feel that this is a very sound and smart solution. Is there anyone else out there that started at about my height and weight that can offer my any insight. I am currently looking at two surgeons, Dr Ramos-Kelly and Dr. Aceves. I would like to lose 60 pounds.

Thanks for any assistance. Keep up the amazing work to all you sleevers out there...you give people like me a great deal of hope!!

You sound a lot like me. I am 5'3 and weigh 194. Although, my BMI is a little higher at 34.

I also have 2 kids + 2 step kids, and will be 46 in 2 mos.

Anyway, I want to tell you how happy I am with Dr. Ramos Kelly. I went to see him in Feb to get a lapband (from a different Dr.) revision to a sleeve. At that time,

I was 173 with a BMI of 30. And they didn't turn me away.

Unbeknownst to me, my band was eroded into my stomach. After 4 1/2 hrs of surgery, Dr. Kelly repaired my stomach, laparoscopically. I was

originally sad when I woke up to find out that he wasn't able to do the sleeve. He said I need to heal for 4 months first. I feel blessed that he had more concern

for my health and safety. I have heard that under those conditions, usually doctors have to do a normal incision to do the repair. I am very impressed that he

managed to do it laparoscopically.

I am happy to say that I am going back to Dr. Ramos Kelly in 2 days to get me sleeve. YAY!!!

He is a compassionate and caring doctor. I trust him completely!

I hope this helps.

Hello everyone,

I wish I could tell you all how inspired I am with all of your stories. I am a 46 year old mother of 4 (2 step kids) who has fought with the same 60 pounds for most of my adult life. I am 5'4" and weigh 198 pounds. Nothing depresses me more than watching a UFC fight with my husband and seeing the light heavyweights weigh in at 185......I am 15 pounds heavier than a freakin light heavyweight!!!! So my story is, at 198 pounds, realistically I look like I weigh about 170 lbs. I carry my weight very well as I am quite muscular. Is the sleeve right for me? My BMI is 32 and some health professionals say I am too small...which ironically is something I have NEVER heard in my lifetime!! I feel that this is a very sound and smart solution. Is there anyone else out there that started at about my height and weight that can offer my any insight. I am currently looking at two surgeons, Dr Ramos-Kelly and Dr. Aceves. I would like to lose 60 pounds.

Thanks for any assistance. Keep up the amazing work to all you sleevers out there...you give people like me a great deal of hope!!

Thank you so much!! I have decided to go for it and am booked August 22nd!! thank you again for taking the time to reply.

Pam

I know that Blackberry juice had a low BMI, she hasn't been on for ages though. Good luck in your desicion!