Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is Wrong With Me?

The same thing happened to me over 5 years ago. The doctor did bloodwork for EVERYTHING and it came back negative. He convinced me that I was depressed.... so I became depressed. Then he finally called me in for one more test. Turned out I have Epstein Barr which basically translates to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. So if they can't find anything else, have your titers checked for Epstein Barr. The diagnosis only helps you not feel crazy because there is no treatment for it!

Hope you get help soon ... I know exactly how you feel!

Stephanie

Im reluctant to mention this, but could you be pregnant? :nervous

Please update us, we're worried about you!

:grouphug: I swear that's exactly what I was thinking! I felt all of the above when I got pregnant too!

Also sounds like your Vitamins and electrolytes could be off. Depending on what you are eating, you might not be getting enough of something and your body can't handle it being so low. Definately get the blood work and maybe take a Multivitamin if you don't already take one until you know for sure. A miltivitamin is never a bad thing. Good luck and keep us posted. Hugs!

It sounds to me like you may be undereating and/or not getting a balanced diet. Also when you focus only on Protein, which I know is important, its easy to forget you need your fresh fruit and vegetables too. Are you getting good food in?

As a teen, you should probably be able to lose on a few more calories than us old farts so dont be scared to consider eating more healthy foods.

i would go for the bloodwork. I had the same thing about 6 months after getting banded and turned out my Iron was WAY to low. I was tired all the time, and want from 0 to bitch in under 10 seconds LOL

thanks guys, I was diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome about a year and a half ago, but it hasnt shown back up until now its been gone for about 9 months. LOL! For all of you.................IM NOT PREGNANT!!!!!ITS PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE, IM ONLY 18 YA KNOW! IM NOT ACTIVE, I HAVE 5 YEARS OF COLLEGE LEFT FOR GOD'S SAKE! LOL!!!! Anyways, the Iron problem sounds likely, I have a friend that has an iron deficiancy so I know that it is very possible. I take 3 Multivitamins a day, and eat 3 full meals per day with Protein and veggies. When I move off to Corpus I will be able to probably eat more fruit since I will buy it for myself, but mom doesnt buy the fruit that I eat (like apples, oranges, peaches, pears, and that stuff) She wants to buy stuff I dont eat for some reason lol.

Have your thyroid level checked, too. Hypothyroidism can make it almost impossible to lose weight--makes you really tired, too.

Hey Jodie,

Your body is definitely trying to tell you something so you should get those blood tests done and get an appointment with your doctor. You're 18 and your body has special requirements, don't just start any diets you've heard to be great from someone else, get some counselling from a nutritionist.

hope you'll feel better soon,

niki

Jodi - Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is obviously the culprit of all of your symptoms....my daughter has it (diagnosed when she was 17) and I have fibromyalgia which is a lot like CFS.....you'll learn that it flares up at times and at other times you forget you have it -- like now -- best of luck and keep in touch with a doctor on a regular basis for your CFS.

:help: Hi I'm new here and have been reading your posts searching for some information about CFS and effect of lapbanding.

I was diagnosed with CFS about 6 years ago. The last 6 months have been my best since being diagnosed and I am now seriously considering having lapbanding done. (I have always been overweight but 6 years of inactivity has led to it now being a major problem. I also have sleep apnoea and diabetes.)

:) My concern is whether having the surgery will aggrivate the CFS and also how those with CFS manage the food preparation etc and the exercise programs that are part of the "lapband life style".

thanks guys, I was diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome about a year and a half ago, but it hasnt shown back up until now its been gone for about 9 months. .

Jodie, I am wondering if you would mind sharing with me whether your CFS returned post lap-banding and if you think it might have flared up because of the surgery. And also was your recovery from the surgery slower than normal cos of the CFS? :nervous

Sorry about all the questions but this is the first forum I've been able to find where someone with CFS who has had lapbanding.

Thanks for your help.

Bobbie

Bayside Melbourne

Victoria

Australia