Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Two Month Surgiversary and Results

Hi. I don't post much but I do check in and read the forums on a regular basis. Today is two months since my surgery. I was sleeved on April 14th, 2011 in Abington, PA. To date, I have lost 46 pounds, but that includes 8 pounds from my 5 day pre-op liquid diet. My stats:

I am 43 years old, 5 foot 7 and started out at 237 pounds. I am now 190.6. I lost 8 pounds on my preop diet (5days), 23 pounds during my first month and 15 pounds during my second month. I started out as a 12/14 pants (no but or hips) and a 2x top. I am now wearing a size 10 pant and still a XL or 1X top. I lost 1.5 inches at my neck, 5.5 in. on my bust, 1.75 in. each on my upper arms, 5.5 inches on my waist, 4.25 in on my hips, 4 in. on each thigh, and 1 to 2 inches on each calf (one was bigger then the other but now they have evened out).

I am averaging 500-700 calories a day, 60-80 grams Protein, less then 40 carbs and 64-80 ounces of Water. I am happy with my loss, but like many, I wish it was going faster. I am working on upping my calories, water and protein. I exercise, but sporatically and want to step that up a lot also.

I am one who decided not to tell many people, just my husband, mother, brother and a friend. My three teenage kids don't even know. They just think I am dieting and going for a healthier lifestyle. I would have told them, but one got really upset when I talked about the surgery when I was first considering it and didn't want me to have it. I also did not want them to have to keep it a secret or lie about it.

Overall, I am thrilled with the surgery. I had no problems with the actual surgery itself. I had it on a Thursday, was discharged on Friday. On Saturday I was out walking some dogs that I was dogsitting and was grocery shopping. It was a very easy recovery. I still am not sure what goal weight I am shooting for. I am large boned and the goal weight the surgeon put on my insurance paperwork would never work for me (132). I am thinking between 145 and 155 but will adjust as I get closer to those weights and see what my body looks like.

Well, thats my story and update. I will try and update in another two months. Good luck to everyone!

you are doing great, We were sleeved about the same time and about the same sizes. I wished I had taken my mearsurements prior to my surgery, probably didn't want to know. I have lost the same amount of weight as you. Isn't it fabulous!!! I think we are losing at a pretty good pace. I hope to be close to 60 pounds lost by my 3 month anniversary, but I have slowed down in the past week it seems.

Keep up the great work, I look forward to reading about your successes!!

Lyn

Thank you for the update. It really helps us that are in the "preparation" stage to have a feel as to what to expect. We not not all results are the same but it give us a guideline. You are doing great!!!! You are in wonderland and out of the 200's. That's a reason to celebrate!!!!

Hi. I don't post much but I do check in and read the forums on a regular basis. Today is two months since my surgery. I was sleeved on April 14th, 2011 in Abington, PA. To date, I have lost 46 pounds, but that includes 8 pounds from my 5 day pre-op liquid diet. My stats:

I am 43 years old, 5 foot 7 and started out at 237 pounds. I am now 190.6. I lost 8 pounds on my preop diet (5days), 23 pounds during my first month and 15 pounds during my second month. I started out as a 12/14 pants (no but or hips) and a 2x top. I am now wearing a size 10 pant and still a XL or 1X top. I lost 1.5 inches at my neck, 5.5 in. on my bust, 1.75 in. each on my upper arms, 5.5 inches on my waist, 4.25 in on my hips, 4 in. on each thigh, and 1 to 2 inches on each calf (one was bigger then the other but now they have evened out).

I am averaging 500-700 calories a day, 60-80 grams Protein, less then 40 carbs and 64-80 ounces of Water. I am happy with my loss, but like many, I wish it was going faster. I am working on upping my calories, Water and Protein. I exercise, but sporatically and want to step that up a lot also.

I am one who decided not to tell many people, just my husband, mother, brother and a friend. My three teenage kids don't even know. They just think I am dieting and going for a healthier lifestyle. I would have told them, but one got really upset when I talked about the surgery when I was first considering it and didn't want me to have it. I also did not want them to have to keep it a secret or lie about it.

Overall, I am thrilled with the surgery. I had no problems with the actual surgery itself. I had it on a Thursday, was discharged on Friday. On Saturday I was out walking some dogs that I was dogsitting and was grocery shopping. It was a very easy recovery. I still am not sure what goal weight I am shooting for. I am large boned and the goal weight the surgeon put on my insurance paperwork would never work for me (132). I am thinking between 145 and 155 but will adjust as I get closer to those weights and see what my body looks like.

Well, thats my story and update. I will try and update in another two months. Good luck to everyone!

THANKS SOO MUCH FOR YOUR INFO.....I THINK YOU ARE DOING GREAT...... AND RECOVERED LIKE A CHAMP... i AM 8DAYS POSTOP. DOING GOOD BUT NOT OUT SHOPPING OR WALKING ANYTHING.. GO GIRL.....

I am averaging 500-700 calories a day, 60-80 grams Protein, less then 40 carbs and 64-80 ounces of Water. I am happy with my loss, but like many, I wish it was going faster. I am working on upping my calories, Water and Protein. I exercise, but sporatically and want to step that up a lot also.

Hi!

I have a feeling that we are both going to the same Bariatric Center. I am having my consult with Dr. Bonanni on July 26. Is this the same group that you went to?

It is the same group, but Dr. G did my surgery.

Were you happy with the care and the way you were treated? any advice? warnings?

Thanks!

Very happy. They are a great group with great staff. Very professional and the care in the hospital was good. No complaints at all.

Good to know. Best of luck with your recovery

do either of you still come to this site? I would love to communicate with you since I am having Dr Bonanni do my sleeve on May 22nd and would love to find out your stories.