Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Fill having Pain

Hello All Happy 4th,

Well I was banded on May22,2006 Just had 1.5cc fill on Friday. Every since I have had it done I have almost a constant chest pain heart burn feeling. I have had the chest pain before I had the fill and that was when I over ate then I would get sick and feel better. Now this is almost constant like if its possible that maybe whatever I am eating isn't going threw at all maybe food is stuck and thats where this painis coming from.

I f anyone has exsperienced any of these kind of symptons please let me no.

Thanks for listening and hope you all have a nice day.

Banded MAy22nd-215

Today-201

You may have some swelling after your fill. Did you remain on liquids the first day or so? Also, with restriction, you may notice some new sensations, especially after eating. Many folks aren't aware the food will now stay above the band, more in the esophagus area, which will lead to new sensations higher than the stomach. If you notice extreme 'pain', or are unable to swallow, especially liquids consult your physician. :( Hope you're feeling better soon and onto easier weight loss!

By today the swelling should be down. If you are still feeling the same way, you should call your MD and go in for a slight unfill. Tolerating constant negative symptoms can lead to damage so make the call. I hope you feel better soon.

What can happen if you are to full?? I was on liquids only for the following day then back to regular foods. I hate to get some saline taken out cause I really wanted to jump start this weight lose, before trhis I could eat anything and not as much as before the band but I think enough. I can only eat a little bit unless its ice cream or watermelon then I can really eat that, but I shouldn't i no that. Its the real food that bothers me but waking up in the morning and going to bed at nite with this constant real bad heartburn chest pain kinda thing is annoying.

Reflux of stomach acid into the esophagus can cause scarring and narrowing of the opening as well as ulceration. The test of restriction is with real solid food. If you're too tight, you will start to move away from solid foods to softer foods so you avoid the golfball feeling of pain in your chest and heartburn. This can actually cause weight gain as you drink your calories down or let them melt down as in the case with ice-cream.

I think your right cause I see myself moving away to softer food so I can eat cause I feel deprived. Think it would be safe to see what happens in a couple days???Just to make sure it don't go away first.

I wouldn't wait too long. My surgeon told me the swelling that MIGHT occur from a fill is gone in 48-72 hours.