Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My name is Amber, and I haven't been banded yet. I have my first initial appointment at Sacramento Bariatric (http://www.sacbariatric.com) in the end of July so I'm doing more research and compiling questions for the doc. Glad to find this group, I'm pretty nervous but also excited. I hope that I pass all their tests for surgery... I've been dieting all my life, practically, still attempting to diet, and it's been somewhat successful, so we'll see....Thanks! :D

welcome to lapband talk. this is a great site for info before and after being banded. if you ever get tired of talking about the band, try the lap band lounge threads. funny stories, gardening, knitting, fun stuff!! i read posts at least twice a day, but only post a few times a week usually. most of the people here are very nice, remember, that what is posted here is someone's opinion or their experience, take it with a grain of salt. you will

be glad you joined---it has been the most informative lap band site i have found, in my opinion. WELCOME!!!!:biggrin1:

Hey Amber, WELCOME to LBT.

You are ahead of the game by finding LBT before your surgery. Everything you ever wanted to know about Lapbanding (short and long term questions) can be found here.

Hope you visit often.

Good luck!

I've lurked here for a year and posted for about half that time. I will be banded July 18 at Vanderbilt Hospital in Nashville, Tennessee. Because of this terrific site and people I have learned so much what to expect after banding. It's been a great trip getting to know all these people. There are just a few spoilers in the bunch, but don't let them rain on your parade. You are doing the best and healthiest thing you will ever do for yourself. Best of Luck. You are going to meet some fantastic people who will be able to help you with every part of the journey both pre-band and post-band.

God Bless,

Dody

Yep I aggree, some of what you read is not always good, but for the most part, this is a grt site for information. Its also a site for those who want to destroy so be careful of the information you follow. Work the plan and follow the doc's instructions and you will do very well. I know for my own issues, I have lost 76lbs thus far, banded April 17,06

How awesome is that Shackdog....Congrats on the

76 lb weight loss:clap2: ...i hope i am as successsful as you...I was banded June 5th and i am down 20 lbs. "GREAT JOB"

Amber.....welcome to lapbandtalk, this is a great site....i have gotten so much useful information here....i do stay away from the bad stuff because it will put negative thoughts in your head....and shackdog is right ...listen to YOUR doctor....and try to stay away from the bad stuff on here. Good Luck on your journey!!