Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

starving.... all of the time!

Hi all, I had my sleeve done on Sept 21st, and I lost 70 lbs so far, but... for the last 2 months I can NOT lose any weight! I am literally starving all of the time! I haven't heard of anyone else feeling this way! It has been like this for me since my surgery and I am really feeling lost. I still need to lose 50 pounds, and I honestly dont know how I am going to do it! It has been a struggle since day one. I have been eating tons of Protein but since I am starving all of the time, I am eating constantly :( Does anyone have any advice for me or has anyone had this hunger feeling? does it ever go away? please help

Acid can really make you feel like you are hungry. Ask your Doc, I get a prescription, but you can also get omeprazole (PPI) over the counter....several brands.

Hi! Two things jumped out to me when reading your post... Water intake and carbs... How are you doing on each?

I recently started having to increase my water intake because I get hungry b/4 its time for me to eat, so I down flavored water or a vitiman water... so far it does the trick!

Also, I have read so much on carbs and taking in Pasta, potato, breads, etc... how that will make the cravings kick in. My surgery was only 5 months ago, I have not yet ate pasta, potato or bread since my surgery... I did just have a slice & 1/2 of pizza last weekend... I had it in my head to stay away from these foods as much as possible because I dont want the food demon or cravings to get to me... Just thinking...possibly... these have entered into your diet and that is what is making your cravings worse...

Good luck, hope you can refocus and be back on track...;)

I think I would tend to go with the folks suggesting the acid, I had the same problem and got a RX for omeprazole too which is the same as Prilosec but twice the dosage and costs me less with my RX insurance coverage. Try and stay away from traditional ant-acids like Tums, too much Calcium carbonate and not enough Water can lead to kidney stones.

I found that I still got a little twinge mid morning and the doc suggested what pregnant women do when they get an upset tummy, white crackers. I eat two and feel fine till the next meal. A lot of my problem is stress, I was on vacation last week and hardly had to eat any crackers, back to work today and I have eaten 3 already this morning.