Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved on Wed. June 1st and got out on Thur. at about 4. I am doing really good. I feel good and have been able to get down the two required shakes today. I couldn't have asked for a better surgery. I think a lot of my good success is "attitude." I was determined it was going to be a good experience and it was. I credit a lot of my good feeling about it to this website. I have been reading it for the last 5 1/2 months and have read the good, the bad, and the ugly here. But I felt I was so well prepared by learning from everyone else's experiences. I'll have to update my ticker because I weighed in 41 lbs less on the pre-op diet. Now to get to walking. Many thanks to everyone on this site for all the great knowledge I have gained from this site.

That is awesome! Congrats!

nraeh

So glad you are recovering nicely and had an easy surgery!

I got sleeved on Wednesday, June 1st as well! Just got out of the hospital Saturday afternoon (TODAY)

and I am feeling pretty good too. Haven't tried a shake yet. Still just doing Clear liquids -- I had two sugar free jell-os tonight

along with chicken broth, Vitamin Water zero and an sugar free ice pop!

But after only being out of the hospital for 10 hours -- I pooped (sorry for the TMI but I am so proud & excited!).

So my digestive system is working a - okay. My surgery went fine but it was delayed getting into the operating room. There were several emergency surgeries that bumped my ELECTIVE procedure. So instead of starting at 11 am they didn't start until 3PM so I was dehydrated going into the surgery. Of course they wouldn't let me even have ice chips until after the esophogram (swallow test) and in a major NYC hospital between the time you take the test, your surgeon gets the results and then actually gives a written order to start the patient on liquids takes way more time than a dehydrated gal wants it to take!!!

All that aside every day I feel better. My new tiny tummy is still a bit sensitive. When I ingest anything even Water I feel lots of contractions that aren't terrible but I would like them to go away. I need to keep taking the anti-nausea drugs and the PPI. I may try diluting a shake with water tomorrow and see if I can get in some Protein. There is always Isopure -- I broke down and bought three bottles (GRAPE/APPLE-MELON/BLUE RASPBERRY).

Like you nraeh -- I am glad to be sleeved and looking forward to starting my journey!

EJ

I have graduated to the mushies and loving every bite of it. No complications graduating to mushies at all. I just can't say enough good stuff about the sleeve. It is just amazing. I am losing 1 - 2 lb a day with two shakes and two small meals a day plus my Water intake. I am so happy I did this. It is truly a miracle.

Congratulations to you! I was also sleeved on June 1st! I am on pureed foods now and I seem to be having a hard time with what I should and shouldn't eat...

I am down 21 lbs since surgery but haven't lost any weight in the past 5 days so I hope I am doing everything right.

Good luck to you ! :)