Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3rd day post- op difficulties

I'm on my third day post-op, and I'm having these issues :

1- I feel a very sharp pain on my left side about 1 minute after I swallow a sip of Water. Did anyone else have this issue?

2- I don't have a fever, but my skin on my face is red and warm to the touch

Any insights is always appreciated. Thank you

I was getting sharp pains sipping Water as well the first few days after surgery as well. It does subside.

1- I feel a very sharp pain on my left side about 1 minute after I swallow a sip of Water. Did anyone else have this issue?

Now, Bert, try to remember just why you "hired" your bariatric team. You paid them an extraordinary amount of money to perform a service for you. Let them complete their side of your contract. WHENEVER you have a pain, a twinge, are ANYTHING that your little voice says in not normal :sick: ----CALL THEM!!!!!!:phone2: We on this site are full of useful and knowledgable information, but we are not the ones with whom you made your contract. TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF, BERT.:bathbaby: YOU ARE WORTH IT!! Call your surgeon's team and then let us know what they said, so we can add to our personal information library. I really do care, Bert. That is why I suggest you call.:thumb:

Get healthy and stay that way,

Valentina.......................:grouphug:

Hi Bert, congrats on being sleeved!!! Sorry you are having a couple difficulties, but it does get better!! I didn't have the pain after swallowing Water, but I had the hot face a few times. You migjt just continue to take your temp regularly, just to be safe. Wishing you a speedy recovery!!

:)

Thanks guys. My doctor just had a swallow test done for me this morning, and I'm waiting to hear back the results. The technician said he doesn't see a leak, but the upper part of my stomach shows that it's a bit too narrow. Possibly inflamed from the surgery, but I'm waiting to hear back from my surgeon.

Bert:

I don't remember any pain when sipping Water, but I do remember having pain when I tried to swallow an ice chip.

Take it easy and follow the doctor's orders.

This is just about the worst time, but this will pass and you will be well on your way to the new thinner you.

Good luck.

Brian

I was surprised to see this post as I am also 3 days post op & feeling similar things...

I have my face, chest & arms feel hot & flushed but no fever. I stopped taking percacet the 1st day thinking it was that but still get it sometimes but not as bad

I am very hungry even though I am drinking my fluids & Isopure Protein drinks. I do still have a lot of pressure & bad reflux so I feel like an acid reducer will help me alot.

I had the sharp pains on the left but since much of my gas & pressure seems better - I think it was that. Walking helped me alot.

hope you feel better - pls keep us posted on ur progress! :)

dawn

I haven't had the problem with Water but definitely had the red/warm skin, but I had it all over. I kept taking my temperature thinking I had a fever but my temp. was always below normal. I'm only a little ahead of you (Monday will be 2 weeks) & it has finally subsided in the last few days.