Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello all - was just sleeved on the 27th and am one week out tomorrow. I've only just come home from Mexico and am on my last pain pill (which is little - 10 mg of Supradol). It does not make me groggy or loopy at all, just take the edge off a little bit of post-op discomfort, which usually feels like an uncomfortable internal tugging sensation when I've been up and around too long. I think a regular dose of Tylenol would do the same trick, so I'm just wondering if that's okay to take after 1 week? Should it be children's Tylenol? Is there anything I should NOT take?

Second question - do Syntax Nectars and hot chocolate mixes (the Protein ones from Bariatric Pantry) count as full liquids, Clear Liquids or what? My nutritionist keeps referring to full liquids as ones with "residue." Anyone?

Sorry if this is a bit disjointed, I literally just came in from the airport and had no Internet all week! Just questions I know I'll be asking myself in the morning...

My surgeon has Ok's extra strength liquid Tylenol, but I would call your bariatric team. That is what they are there for. Good luck and stay in touch.

Valentina

Tylenol was recommended - but you should find a chewable or liquid so you don't stress out your new stomach. You can take childrens chewables and take as many as you need to equal an adult does.

My doc said NO ADVIL / IBUPROFEN / MOTRIN for at least 3 months.

I was told that clear liquids are Proteins that you could mix with Water and are not too thick. The full liquids are those that mix with milk. Stick with broth for a few days and be sure to stay hydrated. The Proteins aren't as important in the first week, especially if you have a hard time drinking them.

Toradol (ketorolac) is the American version of Supradol. It is really just a very strong anti-inflammatory. That's why I love it. No dizzy, loopy, sleepy side effects. I would much rather take that than narcotics. I feel more like myself when taking it, and it does take the edge off. You could ask your Dr to prescribe some toradol for you but the tylenol will do practically the same thing since it is an anti-inflammatory also. Just not as strong.

And I would suggest the chewables as RevMeUp stated as the liquid is sooo super strong. Way too strong for me right after surgery. Like drinking Nyquil on steroids.biggrin.gif

Tylenol is not an anti-inflammatory, which is why we are allowed to take it.

My doctor said that we are not to take NSAIDS - (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) which includes Ibuprofen (i.e. Advil, Motrin) and Toradol.

Please talk to your physician before taking these drugs.

Tylenol was all I had for pain and no one mentioned anything about chewable or liquid. I sometimes hate to think about how much I actually did wrong from lack of detailed info. I never even knew (I think because I didn't have kiddies) that it came in chewable or liquid~!

I was cleared to take Tylenol from day 1, but you should check with your doctor.