Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

starting new in Southern California

Hello, I am a big dude weighing in at 369lbs I am 6 ft tall and am about to go through my surgery in August. I find my exact Date this week after the holiday.

I have done a TON OF RESEARCH and I am glad I am choosing this method. I also have a profile on www.lapband.com

I was doing some searches online and I came across this site and I am glad it is here. So once I get the date I will put up my pre-surgery pics.

I would like to get to know people who are in all stages of the lap band surgery.

Feel free to email me. Support is always good.

Thanks

You Can Call me Carl or Big Daddy. :)

Congrats Carl. The time will fly by and you'll be being banded.

Best wishes for a smooth surgery and fast recovery.

Myra

Welcome, Carl. One of my male friends was banded last July 1 at 359 pounds and is now at 180 pounds and looking into plastic surgery for a Tummy Tuck. There's tons of info here so feel free to ask questions and jump in with replies.

Are you serious? He was 359 and now he is 180?

Man that just made my day, I was reading a ton of the problems last night and started wondering if it was worth it. But this just really made my day.

Does he have any pics? He must look so much different now. I can't picture my self that small but I can't WAIT!!!! :D

I can't wait for the surgery date. I will find out this week. :clap2: :Banane22: :Banane57:

hey Carl!

I am getting my band on July 21 in Mexico! Nervous and excited. I think you will enjoy the thread on the main board at this site, that is titled before and after pics. It is so inspiring! There are so many posts on that thread it took me hours to look at them all and I found so many cases and sizes I could relate to! I have seen a lot of men on all the sites, you can do it! It is common for men to loose faster than women anyways.....

Zoe

Hi Carl,

Good luck on your surgery! I will be banded in Bakersfield on 7-16-06 and I am very excited.

Hope every thing goes good for both of us, I will keep you in my prayers

MonicaP

You are entering a new and wonderful phase of your life. I wish you well with your journey. It has taken me nearly a year of jumping through all the hoops to finally get to a date. It is getting closer for me everyday. I will be banded on July 18th at Vanderbilt Hospital in Nashville, Tennessee. My surgeon is one of the most cheery and optomistic guys I've ever met. He thinks the band is the way to go and he performs all types of weight loss surgeries. He thinks the head games with RNY and DS are too tough to deal with knowing it is virtually (I said virtually) impossible to reverse. The lapband ....well you always have that option of having it removed in the back of your head, but heck who really wants to if it works as great as everyone says.

I'm excited to begin my journey. I hope you fly through your tests with flying colors and are banded before you know it. I have no idea if you have a dr. in the US or are going to Mexico, but I wish you the best of luck. For me Mexico was never even a consideration, but that is why there are all options available to people.

Best of Luck and God Bless,

Dody

Welcome Carl, you have come across a wonderful site, there is so much information, and support to be gained here, I am ever thankful I found it, I think you will be too! I agree with Zoe, anytime I have any doubts, I hit the before & after pics....how inspiring!!! I am about 10 weeks post op, and have had no problems. I have had the golfball pressure in my chest a couple of times from eating too fast, I keep hoping to learn to slow down more!! It is enough to convince me it is in there working on keeping me in line!! It is an awesome thing to feel in control of my eating finally, I truly never thought I ever would again. I wish I had done this years ago! I had my surgery in Mexico, my insurance denied me twice, and in order to qualify with them I would have been required to be on a medically supervised diet with bi monthly meetings with a nutritionist, for 12 consecutive months. She told me they were so strict with this clause that if I were to miss an appointment, my 12 months would be required to be started over. I figured there would always be a catch, so I went to Mexico as a self pay. I have not had a single problem, have a Dr. here for aftercare and fills. However or where ever you have your surgery, I wish you luck, it is am amazing journey!! Welcome to LBT!

Kat

Hey I am in Huntington Beach, I should find out today or monday what my banding date is. I am soooooo stoked man.. :confused:

I am going to Center of Obesity, Dr. Laport.