Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

60 days post surgery - what's the worst that coulld happen?

On my birthday I want to go to a movie. I want to get an unsweet ice tea and a buttery popcorn. That's my big dream. So if I do that and sit and slowly eat the popcorn while I watch the movie, what will happen? Will I "fill up" and just have to stop? Or if I eat a little, break, eat a little, break....will I be able to get through the movie just a normie? Or a little closer than I am now as I huddle with my 3 ounce meals. Or will I get really sick?

I honestly don't know what happens. I'm very proud. I'm will be about 9 weeks out at movie time and have had no episodes with eating too fast or too much. It feels stupid to think that I should maybe test these things here to see how it goes.

I know this will rile some folks. If you are sitting wondering how dare I want to go to a movie and have popcorn on my birthday, you don't have to respond. I am ashamed. My head is hung. Might even be a tear on my cheek. But I still want that popcorn movie experience. If I can do it without tossing in the theater seat. So tell me what you think. would it be better for me to wait one more year for the popcorn?

Hello. My doc said I can pretty much have whatever I want. The guidelines are just that. A map if you will for success with the tool he helped you obtain. He has ok's a glass of wine...so I would think popcorn on your birthday is ok...but I would try a little at home (to insure the no tossing in the movie theater) LOL. Happy Birthday!

I don't see why anyone would be judgemental. Nobody is perfect. Hopefully it won't go through your sleeve easily and you will only be able to eat a little.

Go into it with your eyes open that it may trigger major cravings the next day from introducing junk and then have a plan in place to detox it out of your system and don't waste one moment on guilt or the opinions of others. Life was meant to be lived. That is what this is all about. As long as you do it with full knowlege that it could throw you off your game and have a plan to keep that from happening, I see nothing wrong with it.

I'm 6wks out and took my 4yr old to see Kunfu Panda 2 on monday and guess what I ate? Yep, some popcorn!!! Mind you I only had a lil, but I didn't die!!! And, I didn't get sick or uncomfortable at all. I did drink it down with a few sips of Water. You see, I'm still on mushies and just couldn't resist a little popcorn. I didn't get full or anything cuz I only had a small amount so I'm sure at 9wks you'll be fine. And popcorn is a healthy snack w/out the butter!!!

The only thing I see that might be a problem is drinking while eating it. drinks don't usually push my food through, they just sit on top of the foodsad.gif You might be different. Either way, I hope you enjoy your night out on your birthdaysmile.gif

I have had popcorn a handful of times, and the biggest problem that I've found with it is that it's a slider food for me, and that makes it so easy to mindlessly eat it. I make sure to get my own small cup, and only eat from there when we have it at home, so that I do't eat too much. Don't feel guilty, it's okay to indulge once in awhile! Happy Birthday!

I think you should be fine... I haven't tried popcorn yet, but i had a few sun chips the other day and if you chew well, they go down well... I imagine popcorn will be the same... I'm actually going to see Kungfu Panda this sunday and I'm going to try a little popcorn... I'm also going to put a small plastic bag in my purse just in case i hurl biggrin.gif ...

And what you said about feeling guilty... i don't think you should... eating a cookie or a hand full of popcorn every now and then will keep us from binging like we have in the past... Total deprivation is not the way to go... instead we should teach ourselves to have a cookie, enjoy it, and then move on... Several of the superwomen on here who've been sleeved over a year admit that they eat junkfood or Snacks every now and then... its normal for them.... so we should make it normal for us... new key word= moderation biggrin.gif

I think you should go, enjoy your popcorn, and stop feeling guilty!! I personally got this sleeve so that I didn't have to obsess. That's how I roll, and it's okay. :-) Enjoy your birthday and your popcorn!!! It's not like you're diving off the edge into the popcorn abyss....

I LOVE Nachos at movies, don't know why but I can't seem to have one without the other. I order them with cheese and jalapenos on the side. I take a diet snapple with me in my purse. I eat about 1/4th of the nachos and i am DONE! The full que is very much there and I listen to it. When I am done I pass the remainder to my husband. Snacking is not longer the same. It is not just something to do and pacify. Now I enjoy the food for the food, not the desire to eat away the stress ect..... when I am done and am done!

Exactly what everyone else says. Get your popcorn, but I'd suggest getting a kids size one, or bring your own bag. It could end up being a slider food for you and eating while watching a movie could make for a whole lotta popcorn. Try it out at home and see how you feel with it. Then go and enjoy your movie.

HAPPY B-DAY!!!!

Get the popcorn and give it a try - just don't be too upset if you find you can't eat very much of it :-)

Happy Birthday!

i tried popcorn yesterday!! it was good...and i'm still alive! yay me!! FYI.. eat SLOWLY.. like 1 piece at a time and be sure not to drink!! other than burping more than i have since weeks 1 & 2 there were no side effects!