Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, today is 3 weeks post op for me, I feel great, the weight is coming off, I am dealing well with mushies, but I have one concern.....

I go back to work tomorrow and I am not worried about not having energy, or not feeling well, I am worried about people gawking at me - I know some people are going to want to see me and all that and ohhhh and ahhhhh over me, but its just the thought of certain people coming over and looking me up and down, I just really dont like the thought of that.... People who I really dont know well and are just coming over to see what the "freak show" is all about -

I Know I shouldnt worry, most people will and are very excited for me and just want to see how well I have done, but I just have this worry that I am being put on display for all to see and critique...

Has anyone else felt like that?

You know what Michelle.....I dont know u, nor anything about ur life. I have not been sleeved yet, but have...experienced this crap allllllllllllll my life. I always felt like a freak on display, and Im sooooooooo tired of ppl ewwwwwwwing and ahhhhhhhing over the fact that I have lost 50 lbs, or 100 lbs, or whatever!!!!. This is a wonderful thing u did for yourself. It is probably the best gift u have and will ever give yourself (from what im hearing anyway :P ) lol, but u know what I decided to do about all that stuff...... Put my nose up in the air, and be PROUD OF WHAT I DID, HAVE AN ATTITUDE FOR ONCE IN My LIFE (BUT A FAIRLY NICE ONE) LOL ....AND SAY....THE HEKKKKK WITH PPL AND THEIR COMMENTS and all their carrying on!!!!!!!!!! I dont know about u Michelle, but I always kinda hid in the backround, (but get me started and I can be the life of a party) It's about timeeeeee, I decided to do for myself. With that, the I dont give a u know what...attitude comes about!!!!! I can definitely relate to what ur saying. I have lost nearly 150 Lbs three times in my life....so i've been on and off display. The worse part, for me anyway, is....I gained it all back each and every time! So, Iv'e been the talk of the town for yrs....but u wont gain it back!!!!! Your strong, young, and thank God all went well with ur surgery.....You seem like the type of person that will do what u have to do!!! Your on ur way girl.....keep up the good work, and dont give a hoot what ANYONE SAYS OR THINKS....Pretend u dont even hear them, and carry on! :D:D:D Let them talk till they're blue in the face, cause u have a pretty face, and will look even better as time goes on....then who will be laughing? Good luck to ya Michelle :) Enjoy ur holiday weekend.....and soon I will say.....in ur bikini, on the beach, in Hawaii lol ;););) You know, I always say im not going to write a novel in my responses.....but I never fail !!!! :rolleyes:

So, today is 3 weeks post op for me, I feel great, the weight is coming off, I am dealing well with mushies, but I have one concern.....

I go back to work tomorrow and I am not worried about not having energy, or not feeling well, I am worried about people gawking at me - I know some people are going to want to see me and all that and ohhhh and ahhhhh over me, but its just the thought of certain people coming over and looking me up and down, I just really dont like the thought of that.... People who I really dont know well and are just coming over to see what the "freak show" is all about -

I Know I shouldnt worry, most people will and are very excited for me and just want to see how well I have done, but I just have this worry that I am being put on display for all to see and critique...

Has anyone else felt like that?

Awww, I am sorry you feel that way too - we really should be happy with our accomplishments - HUGS to you

i feel EXACTLY like you do!! I soooo wish that i wouldn't have told ANYONE!

Thank you so much for your reply - I can totally relate, I think I will just hold my head up high and who knows, maybe when I get to work tomorrow, it wont be anything like I was expecting....

I also hope that one day I can say - "I am laying on the beach in Hawaii with my Purple polka dot bikini" LOL WOOT WOOT

Thanks again for your post, it really made me feel better :)

You know what Michelle.....I dont know u, nor anything about ur life. I have not been sleeved yet, but have...experienced this crap allllllllllllll my life. I always felt like a freak on display, and Im sooooooooo tired of ppl ewwwwwwwing and ahhhhhhhing over the fact that I have lost 50 lbs, or 100 lbs, or whatever!!!!. This is a wonderful thing u did for yourself. It is probably the best gift u have and will ever give yourself (from what im hearing anyway :P ) lol, but u know what I decided to do about all that stuff...... Put my nose up in the air, and be PROUD OF WHAT I DID, HAVE AN ATTITUDE FOR ONCE IN My LIFE (BUT A FAIRLY NICE ONE) LOL ....AND SAY....THE HEKKKKK WITH PPL AND THEIR COMMENTS and all their carrying on!!!!!!!!!! I dont know about u Michelle, but I always kinda hid in the backround, (but get me started and I can be the life of a party) It's about timeeeeee, I decided to do for myself. With that, the I dont give a u know what...attitude comes about!!!!! I can definitely relate to what ur saying. I have lost nearly 150 Lbs three times in my life....so i've been on and off display. The worse part, for me anyway, is....I gained it all back each and every time! So, Iv'e been the talk of the town for yrs....but u wont gain it back!!!!! Your strong, young, and thank God all went well with ur surgery.....You seem like the type of person that will do what u have to do!!! Your on ur way girl.....keep up the good work, and dont give a hoot what ANYONE SAYS OR THINKS....Pretend u dont even hear them, and carry on! :D:D:D Let them talk till they're blue in the face, cause u have a pretty face, and will look even better as time goes on....then who will be laughing? Good luck to ya Michelle :) Enjoy ur holiday weekend.....and soon I will say.....in ur bikini, on the beach, in Hawaii lol ;););) You know, I always say im not going to write a novel in my responses.....but I never fail !!!! :rolleyes: