Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know there are a bunch of folks form Texas here... Have you posted in the Texas support section?

http://www.verticals...as-in-da-house/

I hadn't, but did go look at the link- there are only 2 members in there and I think both are from Houston. I have posted in some other links labeled Dallas. It will work out, just would be nice to hook up with some fellow sleevers while I'm hanging out after surgery waiting to get clearance to go back home.

In the 1 month since surgery I have lost 26lbs. I lost the rest on the pre-op diet. For a grand total of 53 lbs today. 50 lbs in one month would be quite the loss. Also remember I have a lot more to lose than most people so I may lose more in the beginning more quickly.

Well, just a quick update.

I called the Dr.'s office to make sure everything is in order for next week. After the false start w/the last surgeon, I guess I have kind of been waiting for something else to happen. One week from tonight, I will be in Dallas where I will have my pre-op appt w/the surgeon and then surgery on the 22nd.

It's going to be a little nerve wracking I think going by myself. So far the folks I have been working with at the hospital over the phone have been great. They have made arrangements to hold onto my laptop until I get out of surgery. Since I will be by myself, it will help me feel a little connected. I've only told about 3 of my friends and so I won't be calling a laundry list of people while I'm down there.

Well, just a quick update.

I called the Dr.'s office to make sure everything is in order for next week. After the false start w/the last surgeon, I guess I have kind of been waiting for something else to happen. One week from tonight, I will be in Dallas where I will have my pre-op appt w/the surgeon and then surgery on the 22nd.

It's going to be a little nerve wracking I think going by myself. So far the folks I have been working with at the hospital over the phone have been great. They have made arrangements to hold onto my laptop until I get out of surgery. Since I will be by myself, it will help me feel a little connected. I've only told about 3 of my friends and so I won't be calling a laundry list of people while I'm down there.

Your going to be just fine! You just take good care of yourself, and if you feel up to it, let us know how you are doing in the hospital!

Well, it's 9:43pm 6/20 and I just arrived in Dallas in prep for surgery. I have a pre-op visit in the morning, paperwork at the hospital in the afternoon and then surgery Wednesday. What has surprised me the last few days is the emotional roller coaster I have been going through. This is a revision albeit from 13 years ago- but I am feeling really scared. I have to be honest, I went on blind faith back then from that Dr. about the procedure and believed pretty much what he told me. I was in my early twenties and pretty naive. I guess since I have done a tremendous amount of research this time around both on the procedure and the surgeon that you would think I would feel at ease.

Maybe its going several hundred miles where I will not know anybody as I go through this process. Part of me has a fear that something will go wrong. For the first time in my life I finally did a living will and a will which I just finished last week. I guess some people can talk about death pretty easily and matter of fact. I am not married, don't have any kids- but I do have horses, a handicapped dog and 3 cats that depend on me. They have become my "kids" if you will. I guess going through this whole process has been a little difficult. I feel stupid when I get all teared up. This morning when I was getting ready to drop my handicapped dog off with a friend, I had a mini-melt down. So, me and my dog Mattie sat on the couch and cuddled for a bit. I guess she sensed something was up.

I guess it just sux to not have any family or loved ones who can little more than offer me a "good luck" bone. Don't get me wrong, I have good friends, but they all have their own families and their own commitments. And, I hate to burden people and so to be fair sometimes people don't know the weight I carry on some of these things and I don't mean the physical kind as much as the emotional. Partly because I know there isn't much they can do anyways...

I just hope I don't break down tomorrow at the Dr's office because they are gonna think I'm nuts. They might be in the middle of talking about something totally casual and I can just see it now, the Water works start flowing.....

Well, let's hope to getting through tomorrow without any waterworks.

Guess either nobody knew what to say or it wasn't much of interest to others here.

Made it through the day with no waterworks, and so far feeling ok. Some things could have gone better today, but what the hey....

Tomorrow afternoon I will be going in. Here's hoping I wake up with no complications.

Good luck today and I'm sure it will go fine.

I can relate - I'm single with no kids and will be going through this alone. But, it really isn't bothering me as I am so used to doing things by myself. It stinks that I have to have people dropping me off and picking me up from the hospital for the EGD and then of course for the surgery. I hate depending on others for anything. But rules are rules, so I deal with it.