Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why am I feeling like this today? Just yesterday I felt great, noticed I'm losing some inches. For some reason today though I just feel.... ugghhh!! Why when I was 330 Lbs I never felt fat, yet here I am lighter than I have been in 20 years and I feel bloaty and huge!! I don't get it.

And no, it's not my TOM. That was last week.

Just not feeling it today.

Sorry, rant over.

:angry:

I know what you mean. I can't weight myself because my friend I am staying with here in Mexicali has no scale. My pants feel tight.

I am so bored cause I can't go outside until my staples are removed and

there are only 2 channels here in English. I tend to eat when bored.

You know, I go through phases like that too -- I feel fat, I don't want to do the new lifestyle anymore, I'm grumpy, blah, blah blah -- and then in a couple of days, I'm better. I have no idea why I go through it, but I do. So I just wait it out and usually complain to my hubby :lol:

The human body is not a static, unchangeable entity. Normal fluxuation happens - your weight will bounce up and down around by small (relatively) amounts around your normal weight. Also, peope, like other subtances on earth, react to changes in heat and humidity. These cause a person weight to fluxuate. Throw in hormones, immune system response to toxins/contagens and other bodily reactions - these cause fluxuation too. Give yourself a break! If you feel fat today - STAY AWAY FROM THE scale. Drink lots of Water, make sure you aren't coming down with something, exercise until you work up a good sweat, and do something nice for yourself not realted to putting food in your mouth. Tomorrow will be better!

Oh Irene I go thru that too. Back when we were at our heaviest we thought we were hot then and now its like ugh I don't look good or I feel so fat in this outfit. I think its our minds trying to sabotage us or just trying to catch up. You look GREAT woman!!!!!!!

Hey Diva,

I am soooooo on the same page. When my weight loss slowed to a pathetic crawl several months ago, I felt fat every day. I think the stale mate on the scale did terrible things to my head! I tried reasoning with myself but the answer was always the same... you're still obese. Ilong to just be overweight!

In the last couple of weeks, thankfully, my mindset has changed. I stil weigh daily but if there is no change, well, there is no change. and that is ok.

Look back over your weight loss journey... 150lb gone forever..... FOREVER!!! Remember at the beginning of all this you told me to go and try on my 'fat clothes'... have you done that today. I know you posted your pics recently... look them over again, try your biggest trousers on again.

I know how you feel is important...but that doesn't mean you can't congratulate yourself too...

chin up my lovely!

Diva gurl! You are HAWT!! Rockin' them size 8's are you kidding me?

FAT??? Paleese! Where? Your big toe? HAHAHAH

Seriously tho, our minds play with us and make us think things that aren't true. You have done a fantastic job. You are NOT FAT. You are slim and beautiful and should be very proud of your acomplishments!

I am sure this is just a temporary thing, as you are usually so upbeat and happy about your weight loss! Drink some extra Water today and I am sure you will feel better tomorrow!

Hugs,

Kelly ;)

Thanks ladies! Really it is all in my head I know this. It's just weird, I was feeling good yesterday and now for some reason I'm picking myself apart today. I do feel so gloomy. I wasn't even supposed to workout today, but I just felt the need to go outside and get some sunshine. I walked 2.5 Miles, not super fast but at a good pace. I feel somewhat better but my brain is just in a funk today. I mean, I was looking at my thighs as I'm sitting here and thinking, gosh they are so huge!!!

It's not anything more than that. I'm just feeling the weight I'm still carrying I guess...:( It's also not because my scale, I weigh on Fridays.

Sometimes it feels manic! One day I'm super overjoyed, the next I'm feeling defeated. Not all the time, ok I don't want to exaggerate here, but I do have my days...

Julia, I DO talk to my poor husband all the time. I actually feel really bad about it, though he always responds like a champ. He's so patient... if the tables were turned I think I'd have told him off by now... hehe! I know that's kinda messed up - but sheesh!! LOL :) I'm feeling that grumpy girl coming out!!

Leslie, that is SO me today... blahhh!!

Coops and Kelly, THANK YOU! You both made me smile just now. :) Coops you reminded me of those huge pants! OMG I can't believe I used to fit those. Kelly, you totally made me laugh with the big toe... :lol:

I just want you to know that you are such an ispiration to me! You are doing great! I'm not going to try to give you advice because you probly already know it all :) We all have our days, that's for sure. I sat in the sun and sewed a little today and that made me happy.

Take Care!

I agree with you. Diva is a HUGE inspiration to me as well!! :D

I am so thankful for this site and all of the wonderful people here! I am also thankful that on Saturday I get to me the remarkable MISSDIVA!! I am excited!! :) :) :)

Kelly

I just want you to know that you are such an ispiration to me! You are doing great! I'm not going to try to give you advice because you probly already know it all :) We all have our days, that's for sure. I sat in the sun and sewed a little today and that made me happy.

Take Care!

Yep I know the feeling, yesterday I was feeling fat, weird as I haven't been this weight for about 8 years!

Feeling fat is not the sole domain of the fat! I remember hearing skinny mini's complaining about feeling fat and thinking "Oh Shut up girl!" But I was one of those people when I was thinner, I thought i was fat all the time. I hope to do it differently this time... at least some of the time!

I'm with ya. Yesterday I was dancing in front of the mirror thinking how good I look and I swear it's like someone's drawn red circles around all my flaws today. :( <hugs>

:( It is strange, as I mean... when I was much larger I guess I just ignored it I don't know. Now I'm just having a pity party. Not every day, not even all the time but I'll get in this weird mood where my self esteem is just all shot! I'm hoping tomorrow I'll feel a little better. If the scale is mean to me tomorrow morning I can already tell you I'm gonna flip!!! LOL

Thanks y'all, I guess I don't feel so alone. Like Monica sings, "It's just one a them days!!!" I really didn't even want to post this thread, but just needed to vent it out a little bit I guess.

@Kelly, it's gonna be a good time :) I'll be on my best behavior!!

I think we all feel fat no matter what our size -- I remember feeling thin at 300 :lol: (and we all know that wasn't true!) Usually I feel fat when I'm stressed about life and I turn on myself. I look at the flaws and don't appreciate how far I've come. Look at yourself, Irene -- you look absolutely fabulous!! Sincerely, utterly fabulous! Your pics from before don't even look like you now!

I think everyone else is right -- you need to go get those old pants on and find LOTS of good reasons to compliment yourself -- drag yourself out of the bad feelings -- put on the old pants, look at the old photos, look at the succession of befores and afters of yourself -- and then, do something extra nice for yourself -- get a pedicure and/or manicure. Go get your hair styled (or cut if you need to) -- make yourself feel the way you want to feel. I mean, I would do that for you, so why shouldn't you do it for yourself??

I love you -- I hate to see you feel bad -- big hugs!