Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Went shopping today...

Hi all.

I was banded on 4/6/06 and have been doing well. If I go by my mom's scale, I've lost a total of 50 pounds since my first appointment with the doctor. I have my second fill scheduled for July 12th so we'll see what the official total is then. Anyway, I went clothes shopping for the first time since banding because my skirts and pants are falling off. I literally have to hold on to them when I walk cuz I'm afraid I'll embarrass myself. Since I had no idea what size I am now, I just picked a size and went to try everything on. I got into a pair of pants comfortably (even though I didn't like them) and they were 3 sizes smaller than what I was wearing - 3 sizes smaller!!!! I called my mom and sister on my cell phone almost jumping for joy in the dressing room! My tops and blouses are 1 to 2 sizes smaller, depending on the maker. I now have clothes for the time being that actually fit and it has made my day. WHOOO HOOOO!!!!

This is fabulous. I bet you wanted to cry. I can't wait until that happens to me. That is definitely a NSV. Hoo Ray for you.

Sherri

I would be SO totally jealous if I wasn't so happy for you!!!!!

Way to go!!!!:clap2:

That is the best feeling, and also knowing that you'll NEVER go back up in your weight, the sizes will just get smaller and smaller! Good for you :)

SHOPPING FUN AGAIN!!!!!!

I am just making my appointment for my banding and I am a pain freak. Can you tell me your experience with the pain?

I just don't want to get into something that I can't really handle.

Thanks for your information!

Congratulations on your weight loss.

Thanks everyone on your well wishes. I can't believe this is happening to ME. Shopping was a blast and I hate to shop. I could get used to this :D !

Darlene - I had never had surgery before so I was most afraid of this pain afterward. I think I made myself crazy thinking about how much it was going to hurt. I was very surprised and thrilled when I found it to be almost a breeze. It hurt, yes, but I was completely off pain medication by the beginning of the third day. I found a heating pad to be one of the best helpers and every day literally was better than the day before. I am not a pain martyr by any stretch, but it was tolerable for me. I could have gone back to work probably on the 5th day after surgery but I waited an additional 2 days to get my strength back and other than the fact that I couldn't lay on my side or stomach until the second week, I have had no problems at all.

Congratulations Paula! You ROCK! Way to go! Now give those old clothes to a WLS clothing exchange because you're NEVER going to need them again!

WOOHOO!

:whoo:Congratulations Paula, that is absolutely fabulous. Enjoy the new clothes, you have worked for it and deserve it. :clap2: