Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well...2 years of thinking about it and then came the decision. 3 weeks later...here I am the night before surgery! It seems unbelievably quick and yet so slow, you know? I am excited but very calm. I wrote down a list of 20 reasons I am doing this in my journal this morning when I felt slightly anxious. Besides getting healthy as my number one priority, one other item really stands out. I am ready TO GET OFF THE DIETING TREADMILL!!! AHHHH!! I have been doing "diets" since I was 12 years old!!! I know the sleeve will not free me of ever worrying about what I put in my mouth...because it is only a tool. I know I will have to eat Protein, then veggies or fruit...then maybe a dash of carb if there is space. I also know that I am dedicating myself to an active, exercising lifestyle. The thing is...each time I "get serious" about a diet...I get really serious. I follow the program, exercise regularly (5 to 6 days per week) etc. And, I will lose the weight too. I lost 90 pounds in six months last time. The problem for me comes when I get derailed or life happens or I get preggo etc. and suddenly I am back to old habits that pile up until I am worse off than where I started. Classic, eh? So...as I embark on my journey of the sleeve...I am SO DOG GONE RELIEVED that I will FINALLY FINALLY...did I say FINALLY?...have a tool that will help me keep this weight off forever. I am so ready to focus my life on what is important and to feel ALL my feelings and to get back to what I know God has planned for me in this life. I am so glad that I will not be able to pig out anymore when I feel emotions. I am so glad. I believe this is what I need to do to get my life back and to be the successful, happy, healthy person that I am supposed to be! I am so happy that it is finally here. I am relieved that I know get to start my new life!!!! (Feels kinda like starting with a clean slate. YAY!)

My surgery is at 3:30 pm tomorrow with Dr. Nicholson in Dallas. I will let you all know how it went as soon as I feel up to posting. I cannot wait to "see" you all on the flip side!!! WOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!! :) Joan

Hooray! Looking forward to seeing your journey! And I am fresh enough from the surgery to help if you have problems or questions...

I am so excited for you and your new way of life. Your day begins now. Please be sure to update us once you are out and able to respond. Good luck!

How exciting! I wish you great weight-loss success! We all can't wait for you to join us on the losers' bench! It's a great place to be!

:D

Thanks guys! And by the way...I meant to say THANK YOU! to everyone on this board. It has been SO helpful and supportive just to read your stories and watch your progress. I hope to give back some too! :)

Have a great day! I am ready for the knife that will change my life! Ha ha!

Joan

Good luck to you, see you on the other side. :)

Today is the big day Mrs. Positive!! Wishing you well today, and a quick and effortless recovery!! I'm sure you will do excellent with your sleeve, you've done all the right things. Most specifically you took your time with your decision and did all your homework.

Your new life STARTS NOW!!!

Please let us know how everything went!!! Best of luck!!!!

Thanks guys! And by the way...I meant to say THANK YOU! to everyone on this board. It has been SO helpful and supportive just to read your stories and watch your progress. I hope to give back some too! :)

Have a great day! I am ready for the knife that will change my life! Ha ha!

Joan

HECK YEAH!!!! here you are the night before the rest of your life! enjoy its so nice on this side...Even the hard stuff isnt that bad when you think of all the easier stuff to come!!!

Just for an update...my potassium levels were too low! They think due to my meds I take regularly, so they had to postpone surgery. Trying to get a hold of doc this am to find out what to do next. Hoping for reschedule for next week or two. I'm totally disappointed but it was the safe thing to do. Thanks for your support and I will keep you up to date. Hanging in there, Joan

Just for an update...my potassium levels were too low! They think due to my meds I take regularly, so they had to postpone surgery. Trying to get a hold of doc this am to find out what to do next. Hoping for reschedule for next week or two. I'm totally disappointed but it was the safe thing to do. Thanks for your support and I will keep you up to date. Hanging in there, Joan

Oh noo, that sucks! But there's good news... potassium is easy to fix. But it's good they found it because low potassium can be dangerous AND it makes your muscles hurt worse! Here's hoping they get you fixed up and on the OR table soon!