Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm praying for everyone right now. It seems a large number of my friends are going through trials, but God never gives us more than we can handle!

The only thing new for me is getting my ears pierced ... again. I'm up to 10 earrings now ... 7 on the left ear, 3 on the right. John hasn't even noticed yet, and he usually picks up on these things.

I think I'm done with my ears, but as soon as I get around to having it designed, am ready for my next tattoo! :) I want it visable this time, instead of hidden like my other two. I want a cross and the words "Jesus Saves" on my ankle. I want it designed because I haven't seen anything I like. I want it decidedly feminine, delicate but colorful, but with the writing still easily readable. Does that make sense?

Immortal Images are great at designing the tattoos, thats their specialty actually. They are on Monroe road. When I went in I took pictures of things I likes along with things I didn't. Basically said I want a friendly dragon...but not cartoonish. LOL, he took all of that drew up my tattoo.

I haven't checked in much...Tuesday I dropped potatos on my foot...yes potatoes....got xrays done because I was sure I had broken something. Nope nothing broken...boy did I feel stupid. LOL Next time I'll make up something else that I dropped on my foot! The looks everyone gives me...lol.

The heat is getting to me...its too darn hot. I'm swelling up something fierce and have to be so darn careful what I eat, especially with aunti flo due any time now. I was looking over what I ate the last few days...I'm only averageing about 30 grams of Protein. Maybe thats why the weight loss has slowed down again. Going to try and get some yogurts and some shakes in my diet today.

Kathy and Angie...good luck on your fills.

Denika, so sorry to read about all your problems right now. Sounds like everyone is on the mend and hopefully will stay that way. Our thoughts are with ya.

Diane, glad you are on the mend from the car accident. It always seems the pain hits later....I wonder why that is.

Have a great day everyone, off to drink a Protein shake.

Hi GAng...

OK CAN YO HEAR ME SHOUTING!!!! I'M sooooooo EXCITED! I FINIALLY MADE THE ONERDFULS!!!

I really think that Dr Sensenbrenner's suggestion of having 6 bites of something every hour has made the scale move.

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOO

180's here I come!!!!

Denika how's things going?

Awesome Dianne! I am so happy for you! It is very onedurful!!!! :)

I did it! I got my second fill. I am on liquids for three days and mushies for three more. I have gained 5 pounds!!!!!:faint: So, I am on a mission to lose those 5 pounds through this liquid faze and hopefully get on track to losing 2 pounds a week. I need to start exercising more. Dr. Bauman said this morning only I can change this. Putting the saline in the band isnt going to help me lose the weight. I have to eat right, exercise, and drink plenty of fluids to make this happen. He said I was doing so well and I need to get back on track. He is such a great doctor. I really enjoy seeing him. Wish me luck! I am on a mission ladies!! woot!

Angie

I got my first fill today, 1 cc. Like Angie, I'm on liquids then mushies, but only over four days. Needless to say, I won't be able to tell if there's a difference before I get back to "real" food again. As hot has it's been, I'm actually looking forward to a few days of just liquids again! :)

Dianne & Angie, it's great to see your renewed enthusiam!

I goofed off after my fill and just came into work; so I need to get busy and actually get something done.

TTFN!

Well I saw Kim today, and she looks FABULOUS!!! She really is doing great! We ran into each other at Boston Market.

You know I think I have known Angie, Melissa, Kathy, Loretta and Kim no for a year. I think the first time everyone got together was last July. I didn't make that meeting but I did in August. So happy Anniversary gang! It's so cool to have this board and your friendships and support.

Have a good night.

Ok Dianne you beat me to the thread...ya'll just saw her at dinner the last week or so and you know how great she looks. Thanks for the compliment Dianne it's much appreciated. I feel good and now I can finally start seeing a difference. It took seeing all of you to finally see it in me. Congrats Dianne on the weight loss - girl that is great!!!! I will get there one day. I just take one day at a time.

I have set a personal goal of 5 - 10 pounds a month. It's not something I am going to beat myself up over but I need to have a number to aim for. So I thought 5 pounds was doable.

Thanks for the last year!!!! I remember Angie was maybe a week or two post op and she walked that mall with us, watched the kids play at jeepers. It was fun...Wow where has the year gone. And look how we have grown. YEAH us!!!!! I love the kid's meal from Boston Market - cheap and good.

Angie Dr B is so correct - only we can make the band work. I have an advantage working @ the Dr's office. It keeps me in constant reminder of that. Plus I haven't had a horrible personal problem happen in my life like you have been dealing with. I am sure this fill will work for you..what are you filled to now? We have this profect protien drinks @ work and I just love them. If you want to try them let me know and I will bring you a couple on Aug 5th. It's different then your normal protien drinks.

Karen hope the fill goes well...We had a bad clinic day so if he was running a little late yesterday that is why. We actually had to ask a patient to come back becuase he couldn't see here. She was more then happy to and she had the attention of all of us. :)

Melissa - That is so funny. Yeah I agree I might have come up with something else that fell on foot. At least it's not bad. Is it feeling better?

Oh I haven't reminded anyone - there is a Lap-Band Support Group meeting Monday night @ 6:30. Bobbi and I will be leading it. I have forgotten what we are going over. It's the blonde hair. It will be great. Hope some of you can make it. If not totally understand.

Ok so I have rambled enough...hope you all have a great weekend. I am going into work today for a few hours. I want to get these people who are ready off to insurance. I know it's no fun but we have been short staffed this week and that means I have been not focused on my job this week. Then tomorrow we are just hanging out not doing anything to exciting or out of the norm.

Hey Gang! My weekend hasnt been fun at all. I am feeling really bad. I was in the ER on Saturday afternoon due to a very very bad Migraine. Not sure what has caused it but I was numb on my right side of my face, like I had a novacaine shot. The ER Doc said there is a slight possibility I had a mini-stroke. Or I could be having viral minigitis? spelling sucks! But right now my head and neck is still hurting but the numbness has subsided. I am done with the liquids tonight and get to go to mushies tomorrow so maybe that will help the headache? He didnt think that had anything to do with it since my headache started before the fill. I have to go to my Primary Care Doc in the morning for a follow up visit to see what is going on with me and they will hopefully do more tests. They did blood work and a cat scan of my head. And put me on IV fluids and pain medication. Hopefully it goes away or they figure out what it is so they can help me.

Happy Anniversary to all of you! You are all very much great friends and I wish I could see you more often. We are all going to make our goals! I have too if it kills me. :rolleyes: Ok, I took my pain meds and I am getting sleepy. I will chat with you all later.

Love,

Angie

Angie, I experienced the same thing with birth control pills, but that's been over 20 years ago, and I know the pill has changed/evolved a lot since then. I pray you feel better, and they find it's nothing signficant!

We went to see "Pirates ..." 2 on Saturday. Otherwise, I spent a big part of my weekend finishing up the quarterly church newsletter. I'm "Contributing Editor", in other words I harrass others to write for the newsletter, and still write 3/4 of it myself.

I'm on mushies, and so far, I haven't really been able to tell a difference with my 1st fill. I go back to "real" food tomorrow, and maybe will be able to tell then? If not, I'll get a second fill as soon as Dr. V's protocols permit.

I still can't wait to see everyone on August 5th! :clap2:

That's the thing I am not on any birth control or any other type of drug and not sure why this headache is lingering. I go to the Doctor today at 11:10am. Hopefully he can figure out what is wrong. Because its been hurting me since Wednesday of last week.

I am on mushies today and hopefully I can feel a difference. I am at 1.8cc. I did have 2 but he was only able to pull 1.2 out? Any reason for that? Do you know Kim???

Ok I am off of here I cant concentrate. TTYL!

Angie

Angie-Do you need help with the kids? My daughter is 20 drives and loves kids. I'm working quite a bit this week but would be able to come up at nights for you. Let me know BIG HUGS feel better.

Please let me help you.

Kim-I wish I knew about the meeting I thought August was the next one. I have to meet with our core group girls tonight.

Speaking of that, please pray for our meeting tonight. 4 of the girls are having major issues with each other. We are getting together to get things right!

Have a good day. I go see the V man today. I dontthink his scale reads as good as curves but it doesn't matter because curves is the correct one that I have been going by since October. Although if his is better then I'll switch..lol...

Angie, we're here if you need us; prayers continue!

I can't tell any difference with my fill; so I guess we haven't hit the sweet spot yet. I ate 1.5 oz. of cashews this afternoon and didn't feel a thing. I'm still having frequent hunger and simply toughing it out between meals. I see Dr. V in 3 weeks, and gather he'll do another fill in 6 weeks?

I've had my wedding rings on for two days now without pain from being too tight. John and I are also going for a second night in a row sleeping together without him kicking me out for snoring. We love to cuddle! ;) I'm also in a size 18 now from a starting size of 22, but I may have already told that one?

Ok REAL QUICK...it's not the support group tonight it's the seminar. OOOPs I am getting them all confused.

Angie - girl take care of yourself. If you need anything call us!!! Your banded family is here for you.

The fill is a weird thing as I am learning more. Some can come out of your port when doing a fill. Not a lot but some. So that is sometimes it's different if it's completely empty then you could have a leak. So I wouldn't worry to much about the .2 differnece. Slip of the hand. ;)

Ok so I will chat more but I wanted to make sure that everyone knew that the support group wasn't tonight...it's in 2 weeks. :) So mark your calendar now ladies. Aug 7th!!!!!

Check our web site - www.southeastbariatrics.com look under the staff and you will see me. :bananapartyhat:

Kim, it's awesome that the website is up and running! I love the Bios too! You look awesome!

Angie, could I come get the girls, or some, or one of them for a bit? I'd love to have them over if it would help you at all to get a break or some rest or just some quiet time! Let me know...play day with Miss Kathy! Yay!!!! Rachel and Tyler would love it. Lemme know.

Kim, you look so goooood!!!! Way to go!

Karen, I can't wait to see you little ole size 18 butt. Good job!

Dianne, how'd it go at Dr V's? how was your meeting? Onederland feels wonderful, huh?!

I'm snickering at you Melissa...dropping potatoes on your foot. But, OUCH! Funny, but OUCH!!!

Denika, how are you doing with all you have going on? (((hugs))) girl.

Off to bed everyone! G'night!