Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Telley Melley, my hat off to you...

Today the family and I jumped on the bike and decided to explore the Capital Crescent Trail in Bethesda, MD. We arrived just in time to avoid the crowds. We unloaded the bikes in record speed and jumped on the trail. Like others on the board my mind wandered to you. I thought of your 35 mile trek and figured we could knock out the one way ride of 7 miles in no time. Well going was absolutely great. Wind was blowing through our hair. Efffort was minimal. The nightmare started when we returned. I had not realized we were traveling downhill that entire time! Again, my mind wandered to you. I kept thinking, "Telley, never said anything about inclines, hills, resistance etc. Where the hell did this come from. If I ever make it back to my car...." I never finished that thought :-). BTW the trail was completely dark (absolutely no light. We couldn't even see the boys in front of us) becuase the sun had set and the trees formed a canopy over the trail preventing any light from penetrating.

Once we got back to the car we went for a bite to eat and had a wonderful time discussing all of the birds we saw, the river, the cars below, the fishing banks, the really scary ride back etc. I am so happy we went and just want to say, "Thank You" for bringing biking back into my life.

I strive to accomplish 35 miles as you do. You are the WOMAN!:clap2:

Lisa

Telly is a true inspiration to many of us here. She is my dear friend and has given me such awesome motivation. I bought a bike b/c of Telly, now I just need to get on it more ;-)

I can't wait for her to see this thread!

EmileeKaye,

Have you been out on your bike recently? Don't you just love the freedom, the air blowing, the close up view of nature? I do, in fact all of us do. My oldest son loves birds while the younget son loves reptiles. Makes for an interesting bike ride. They are able to see so much more than we are in that darned car.

We have been out twice now within a week. Last weeked we went out, got lost and came back exhilerated. We tried to get our more last week but the torrential rains prevented us from doing so. Now the sore muscles might prevent us from returning too soon (LOL). We did right at 10 miles yesterday. I hope to do 20 miles 3-4 times a week soon. Might have to get a new seat as the one I have doesn't feel very comfortable after 6 miles or so. How does Telley do it? Thirty five miles in Florida's humidity must be unbearable.

Let me know when you jump on your bike again.

Lisa

I will add my Kudos to her dedication! She deserves acknowledgment for her commitment to working out and getting healthy and hot looking!!! I can hardy stand taking my walks outside with the heat and humidity here, and that girl just works it in spite of everything!

I really admire Telly and those of you that are so good about exercising. My hubby and I checked out Bailey's gym last week and are going to join this week. I would love to go bike riding, but right now, I don't think they make a seat big enough for my behind!

Yay for Telly!! She definitely rocks the casbah and is such a great motivator. I wouldn't be working out so much if it weren't for her. :biggrin1:

I'm extremely grateful for her friendship. :love: :hug:

riding is so great feeling! And wants kind of strange , when I first got on there it reminded me of my childhood in some ways, but not in others. Back then you rode to get you places, the pool or a friends house, you don't really take time to enjoy the freedom feeling and how great it actually feels to be out in nature like that and not in a car with the ac on and listening to the radio.

I want what Tellys on!!!! :heh:

:) Puff Puff Pass....

:paranoid Pass....

PASSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! :suspicious:

:yell: HUH, WHAT I said Pass it damn it!!!!!

Telly should be a inspirational speaker...or a personal trainer:love:

Jones, writing this thread means alot to me.

I didn't see this thread yesterday. In fact, EmileeKaye gave me a "heads-up" in my yahoo window this evening. :omg:

I can't believe you guys..

This is very very sweet...

I have to say that I feel honored to be thought of during the day..during workouts, etc. I've read a few people say how "Telly popped into their head" and I think that's hysterical. My crazy workouts was never intended to haunt people :)

What's good about this forum is the continuous support we give eachother, counter inspire and motivate one another. It means that I'm helping people, something I never thought I would be doing on this board. I came here looking for help and not only did I find and continue to find it but I found that I am contributing something good as well. Well hey..... that's all right!

Jones, I did ride my bike today, however the weather scared me 3.25 miles down the road so I headed back. I loved the feeling. It's one of the best, free feelings I've ever felt. Yes, I go up small hills, down.. against the wind (:faint: ) and then some. I've ridden over snakes, curbs, dodging cars... it's fun. Once I strap my Ipod in, nothing gets in my way. I have to thank energy drinks and the Ipod for my successful completion of the crazy bike rides. I DID bike in the heat.. till it recently got hotter. I biked from March - early June. The heat and the rain became major factors in my decision to join a gym, but I still try to get on the bike when the weather is predictable. Best times are early morning's or around 5:30pm - 7:00pm, when the bugs aren't out yet. I've swallowed a few so I know after 7pm is a no no. If you go out at this time, wear sunshades. It shields the bugs from hitting the eyeballs :bananajump:

Jones, you are doing fantastic. Your whole family is involved and it makes things more interesting. They will remember times like that when they are older. They'll want to bike with their own kids.

Tricia, EmileeKaye, MoOrLess - you counter inspire me. You keep me motivated. When I see temptation, I think of you guys and how I'd get my ass kicked if I indulged. I think that's funny.

Love you all and I am here to help, however I can.

Lianna, Susan and Meow,

Thank you for comments :) I'm speechless. Thank you thank you thank you.

Woo Hoo for Telly! You are doing a fantastic job girl - and you never let yourself down.....you made plans and stuck to them - be proud!

Thanks for the vision of ME kicking your butt LOL - hysterical! if I do say so myself.......

You are a wonderful friend and encourager......

hehe i found an old but cute thread, thanks all and yes im still alive and well