Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone,

I been coming on this site for about a month just reading everyone success stories, and the advice giving which is great, and I must be honest you all have given me hope in having this surgery. Last week was the beginning of my 6 months supervised diet and so far so good. In July of 2010, I was diagnosed with type II diabetes, I was walking around not having a clue of what was going on with my body, I though I was just overly tired because I had just moved from Illinois to Minnesota, I drove a Penske truck from there to here, losing my site alone the way, having my teenage daughter to read the highway signs for me. I didn't know how I had put our lives in such a danger. I am a strong believer of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. When I arrived to the hospital they asked me how I got there and I told them I walked in and they told me, that when people come in there with vital like mines they are usually in a diabetic coma. To God be the glory was my only response, because I knew then it was only Him who had kept me, I had lost like 65% of my site, my organs was going crazy, my A1C was 13.9, I was in bad shape, plus I had a infection that cause me to have surgery that night, when they released me from the hospital, I had a big ole shopping bag full of medication, and I didn’t see myself being on all that medicine and taking insulin shot for the rest of my life. As of August 31, 2010, I haven't shot myself, nor took any pills since then; God has healed my body (Hallelujah). I just had my A1C 6.7, which I still take every three months only because of the doctor wondering how I did it and I can’t take no credit from God, He did it all, that’s all I can say. So in Jan 2011, I started to make life style changes, excising five days a week and that feels great, trying to eat healthy, only losing a little weight and the minute I stop excising, the weight come right back. I haven't tried any diets in my life, I just started to make a life style change, because my children needs to be a part of this, they are just over weight and the Lord knows I don’t want them to get obese, and plus they want to get the extra weight of f them. So I started watching the biggest loser hoping I could go on that show, but being a single parent wouldn't allow me to do that, anyway I knew I didn't want to start spending all this money on the different food programs they have out. So, I ask God could I have the Lap Band surgery, I haven't got an answer yet, but I am just going through the format in case I get a YES. I started to research the Lap Band went to the seminar and I learned about the sleeve and it became more interesting to me than the Band, I know I didn't want to deal with what all comes along with the Band and I know I didn't want any of the other weight lost surgeries. I just wanted to share some of my life story with you. So, here I am new in this community hoping to make new friends and to encourage and to be encouraged. Making Changes!!!!:D

Wow. Welcome to the forum! Best wishes as you continue your Quest for a healthier life. :rolleyes:

Meg

Its really great you are looking into the sleeve for you, and working on supporting your kids in a healthier way of life. Good luck to you all.

Its really great you are looking into the sleeve for you, and working on supporting your kids in a healthier way of life. Good luck to you all.

Thank you so much Feedyoureye, I have no other choice I don't want them to ever have to experience what I have being obese. I do hope you the best on your journey as well.

Gina

Welcome! Great to hear you decided to improve your life, it's a great thing! I see you are on the 6-month-diet, so I wish you the best for it. Keep us updated, your surgery date will be here soon, time will fly.

WELCOME!!

Good luck to you and your journey in whatever path you choose. It is great that you have chosen a healthier lifestyle for yourself and your children. KUDOS!!

Keep us posted on your decision!

Kelly ;)

Welcome, you definitely are not alone on this forum at any stage you are at in your journey. If you need any help or have questions please don't be afraid to ask their are so many wonderful people here to help.

Welcome, welcome, welcome :)

Thank you all for such a warm welcome, you ladies are awesome. I am going to need the support either way I go, and I thank you all for willing to be a part of my support system.

Gina :D

Hello everyone,

I been coming on this site for about a month just reading everyone success stories, and the advice giving which is great, and I must be honest you all have given me hope in having this surgery. Last week was the beginning of my 6 months supervised diet and so far so good. In July of 2010, I was diagnosed with type II diabetes, I was walking around not having a clue of what was going on with my body, I though I was just overly tired because I had just moved from Illinois to Minnesota, I drove a Penske truck from there to here, losing my site alone the way, having my teenage daughter to read the highway signs for me. I didn't know how I had put our lives in such a danger. I am a strong believer of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. When I arrived to the hospital they asked me how I got there and I told them I walked in and they told me, that when people come in there with vital like mines they are usually in a diabetic coma. To God be the glory was my only response, because I knew then it was only Him who had kept me, I had lost like 65% of my site, my organs was going crazy, my A1C was 13.9, I was in bad shape, plus I had a infection that cause me to have surgery that night, when they released me from the hospital, I had a big ole shopping bag full of medication, and I didn’t see myself being on all that medicine and taking insulin shot for the rest of my life. As of August 31, 2010, I haven't shot myself, nor took any pills since then; God has healed my body (Hallelujah). I just had my A1C 6.7, which I still take every three months only because of the doctor wondering how I did it and I can’t take no credit from God, He did it all, that’s all I can say. So in Jan 2011, I started to make life style changes, excising five days a week and that feels great, trying to eat healthy, only losing a little weight and the minute I stop excising, the weight come right back. I haven't tried any diets in my life, I just started to make a life style change, because my children needs to be a part of this, they are just over weight and the Lord knows I don’t want them to get obese, and plus they want to get the extra weight of f them. So I started watching the biggest loser hoping I could go on that show, but being a single parent wouldn't allow me to do that, anyway I knew I didn't want to start spending all this money on the different food programs they have out. So, I ask God could I have the Lap Band surgery, I haven't got an answer yet, but I am just going through the format in case I get a YES. I started to research the Lap Band went to the seminar and I learned about the sleeve and it became more interesting to me than the Band, I know I didn't want to deal with what all comes along with the Band and I know I didn't want any of the other weight lost surgeries. I just wanted to share some of my life story with you. So, here I am new in this community hoping to make new friends and to encourage and to be encouraged. Making Changes!!!!:D