Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello All! My name is Lynda and I'm 25 days post-op (had my gastric sleeve done on April 25). I live in Southern New Jersey and had my surgery done by Harish Kakkilaya with the Salem Surgical Group. I've lost a total of 30 lbs. - 12 pre-op/18 post-op thus far. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced the following?

1. I have not lost any additional weight in the last week even though I'm following the program. Has anyone else experienced this and if so what jump started the weight loss again?

2. In between meals I seem to be experiencing what I would call a hunger "pang" and sometimes burning/and indigestion. I'm having a bit of difficulty in drinking 48-64 oz. of liquids per day - could this be the cause of these?

This whole blogging thing is all new to me, so I apolgize if I'm doing it wrong....lol. I look forward to and appreciate any help or information that anyone has.

Thanks to everyone and have a GREAT day! :D

My guess is that the answer to question one is that you are at the 3 week stall. If you search stalls, you will find that ALOT of people hit a stall right around the 3 week mark. Mine lasted about 8 days and then I was back to losing weight. I can't help with question 2. Good luck!

Hi, I would agree that you are stalled. So am I at this time. I lost for 3 weeks, and then the fourth week, nothing. I am not weighing myself for a few more days, so I can't tell you if it is broken. This is very common. Some people stall for a few weeks. I hope neither you or I have that problem. As far as the second question, I was very much like you. I felt what I thought was terrible hunger pangs in between meals. I began taking an antacid. (pepcid) and it helped dramatically. Those hunger pangs can actually be acid. That acid reflux can also stop you from getting all of your liquids in. Try taking something for the acid. Hang in there, and so will I. Bottom line is, with a stomach this small, we will lose the weight. Some of us sooner, than others, but we will get there.

I was on 4/27 and I am at the 3 week stall too. Because I know its common from reading about it here I'm not going to sweat it too much.

Be sure to begin taking an Acid Reducer to help with the burning you feel in between meals. It helps A LOT. If over the counter doesn't work, call your doctor for a RX

Just keep doing all the right things. I also had a stall that started at Week 3, the same time I went off from full liquids. It lasted 12 days. I am six weeks out today and have lost 24 lbs after surgery - 4 pounds per week. However, every week has been very different. Some weeks barely a pound, other weeks 9 pounds. My routine has stayed pretty much the same. I eat about 60 grams of Protein per day, 40 carbs, and about 600 calories. My nutritionist would like the Protein and calories higher, but I just can't get them in. The way it is I feel like I am eating and drinking all day! I am also walking 30 minutes per day. So....just keep doing the right things and over time the weight will come off.

Marie

Thanks so much to ALL of you for your replies! I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one that this is happening to. I'm still the same at 30 lost total and trying not to get on that darn scale everyday...lol. I'm actually on an antacid and have been since the first day after surgery...maybe i've just got more build up than usual. Some days is more than others. I have a follow up appointment with the doc and my nutritionist this Thursday, so I'll address it with them as well.

Good luck to all of you and thanks again! :D

Lynda