Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, today is day 10 post op andt my pain from having the surgery is just about gone, but I am achy all over, my legs ache, my arms ache - I am wondering if its because of the rapid weight loss, I lost 36 pounds pre op and have lost 17 pounds post op so far -

I also like most of the women here started my period 3 days post op and still have not stopped, and its not light bleeding, it feels like its never going to stop... that is draining me -

Yesterday I woke up feeling pretty good, I was able to fold laundry, clean up the kitchen, which is more then I have been able to do since surgery - I was even able to take a pretty long walk last night that made me feel good - today, I am not sure if I have the energy to do even that...

I am sure that this is all part of the process, but I feel like I am just dragging and having a hard time getting my energy back and feeling "normal" again...

Other then that, I am happy with my decision, I would not change it for the world, just need to know that this too shall pass lol

Thanks all for listening

Thanks for posting an update Michelle. My surgery is next Tues. and since I have my own biz plus three kids under age of 7, I appreciate an idea of how long to anticipate being out. Hang in there..it seems that everyone says the first couple of weeks are tough. You are on your way already...and that is a great thing. My journey has not yet begun. I am thinking of you as 53 lbs lighter and getting healthier every moment. Smiles, Joan

Oh, your so welcome Joan, I hope my updates are not putting any doubt in your mind or scaring you, please dont let them, even with all this blahh stuff, I wouldnt change it for the world! :)

I am so excited for you for your day next tuesday - I know its probably hard to be excited at this point ( it was for me) but you will be so happy you did it -

Just remember to take your own pillow, and some chapstick - in the hospital, get all the Popsicle's you can and ice chips, thats what got me through :)

Keep us updated on how things go

Thanks for posting an update Michelle. My surgery is next Tues. and since I have my own biz plus three kids under age of 7, I appreciate an idea of how long to anticipate being out. Hang in there..it seems that everyone says the first couple of weeks are tough. You are on your way already...and that is a great thing. My journey has not yet begun. I am thinking of you as 53 lbs lighter and getting healthier every moment. Smiles, Joan

Michelle,

Wow, first of all congrats on the 17lbs. That is awesome.

Ditto on the energy thing and TOM. Day 8 was good for me but I completely ran out of engery last night.

We will get there.

Wow Michelle!!! Way to go - you are doing awesome! The lack of energy hit me pretty good after my WLS too.. something about it but at 3 weeks post op I had less energy that I did at 1 week... My doc kept telling me to hang in there, keep plugging along and as I ate more "real" food my energy would come back. It did, Doc was right as usual! I totally agree it is not a show stopper, and I would not change what I did at all, so very happy for the option of WLS.

Just wanted to say congrats - you have an awesome weight loss so far!!!

Thanks!

I am glad I am not the only one having the energy issues and the TOM - UGH I am about over that for sure! LOL

We will get there, one step at a time :D

Michelle,

Wow, first of all congrats on the 17lbs. That is awesome.

Ditto on the energy thing and TOM. Day 8 was good for me but I completely ran out of engery last night.

We will get there.

Thanks for the encouragement Michelle!! It did not scare me...just gives me a realistic point of view. I tend to be a bit overly optimistic and then can be disappointed sometimes. I am a Physical Therapist...so on the medical side I get it, but it is another world to be the patient!! Lol. I appreciate you and will post more as it gets closer. I have crazy emotional days and pretty much want to go to the movies all day long it sleep!!! Hmmm....avoidance strategies maybe? Keep posting your progress...I'm looking forward to "I feel great!" So I will know how long that takes. Living vicariously thru u, Joan :)

Hi Babe!

I woke up today feeling like someone came in and beat me up last night. No reason why! I think it is part and parcel of this journey.

I didn't realize you've lost 17 pounds since surgery- wow that s awesome! But think about that- really- what that means to your body. That is terribly taxing to happen all at once!

I don't know how hormones work with TOM exactly but I know hormones come flooding out of the fat cells as they burn and I'm prepared (sorta) for depression as a side effect but imagine that bleeding has to be part of it too.

Are you off right now or do you have things you have to do? If you are free just relax! Watch movies, rest, (TCM is our fave), take slow walks enjoying the flowers that are abundant right now.

I am talking to myself too- I am frustrated by my energy and hoping adding some carb foods as I have the past few days will help me- and so far a little bit , it has.

I am frankly mystified, even with the little amount I am eating, that I have now lost almost 10 since the surgery- only because I am doing NOTHING- hardly even walking. It seems bizarre, this process!

Know your sleeve sistah is here for you and well always be RV connected!

Hi Michelle, I am 14 days out today. Just a couple a head of you. I have only lost 4 lbs due to the ugly stall, but I also had the day three surprise of an extra period. I feel like I should be fully operational, because I have no pain. However, I am not. I slept all day yesterday and I could not help it. My sweet children kept asking if I was sick...and I am not, just really tired all day. I push it when I have too, but other wise I just rest. I feel guilty because my husband worked so hard all day long to find my sleeping, but it's the best I can do. Everybody tells me it gets better. I am usually not a lazy person, but that is how I feel. So, you are not alone. At least we are lucky enough to get to rest when we need. Lol

Thanks all, I am glad that what I am going through is just par for the course - fortunatly I am off of work for 3 weeks, so if i need to just do nothing, thats just what I do... lol

I do have to say that today as far as the pain goes from having surgery, its almost (not quite all ) but almost all gone! YAY!!! :)

I am sure once I get to the mushy stage of eating that I will start to have more energy... at least I am hoping :)

I will keep everyone posted and try to be as candid as possible :)

Hang in there, Michelle.....you are doing awesome!! I had my vsg on May 10, and my first day back to work was on May 17. I felt pretty good except for a bit of back pain (this was due to my sitting and standing a bit stiffly while I'm healing up), and around 1:30 I would really feel my energy start to drain. By the time I got home at 5:30pm I could have easily crawled into bed and fell asleep for the rest of the night. Every day has gotten better though, and while I still tend to get a lil sleepy earlier than normal, I am making it through my days with no other issues.

Best of wishes to you and keeping you in my prayers!

Robin

Good morning...

I am basically a lurker, in the process, but still 3-4 months out. I have two nutrition classes left before meeting the surgeon, then approval, then surgeon again. etc. I wanted to know what you do for work and your age. Ultimately I would like to return to work in one week, but not sure I can do it. .. Thanks, Brenda

p

Hang in there, Michelle.....you are doing awesome!! I had my vsg on May 10, and my first day back to work was on May 17. I felt pretty good except for a bit of back pain (this was due to my sitting and standing a bit stiffly while I'm healing up), and around 1:30 I would really feel my energy start to drain. By the time I got home at 5:30pm I could have easily crawled into bed and fell asleep for the rest of the night. Every day has gotten better though, and while I still tend to get a lil sleepy earlier than normal, I am making it through my days with no other issues.

Best of wishes to you and keeping you in my prayers!

Robin

Hi Brenda -

I am an order Manager for Verizon Business, so I have a desk job, and I am 44 years old. I have 3 weeks off, and I am so glad that I do, I know for sure I wouldnt have been able to go back to work in just 1 week - but thats just me, everyone is different

Good luck with your surgery plans.

Good morning...

I am basically a lurker, in the process, but still 3-4 months out. I have two nutrition classes left before meeting the surgeon, then approval, then surgeon again. etc. I wanted to know what you do for work and your age. Ultimately I would like to return to work in one week, but not sure I can do it. .. Thanks, Brenda

p

Yes you are correct...it gets better with time and YES THIS TOO SHALL PASS and you will be sooooo happy :)

Tomorrow will be one week since my surgery and I have been very concerned with total lack of energy which seems to get a little worse each day! I had seen posts before my surgery that most folks felt like going back to work after one week. My doc said 2 weeks and that some people with desk jobs feel good enough to go back to work after 1 week. I am so grateful that I told my employer that I would be off for 2 weeks; there is no way I could go back to work tomorrow! My pain is pretty much gone, still lets me know when I move too quickly and when I first stand up, but certainly tolerable. I only take my pain med when I go to bed and that is mostly to aid in sleep! I have had a hysterectomy so I don't have the period issues, however, I feel for you, I imagine that makes the energy level even worse! I was really concerned about the energy issue and was going to call the nutritionist tomorrow. I am trying to address it by increasing the protien levels, still not up to the 60 grams but getting close. But when I counted my calories today which is by far more than any other day, it still totals less than 400 calories! That is amazing to me! How can we not be weak? This morning it took me about 3 hrs to shower, hair, makeup and clothes! I kept having to rest! I think I need to get my calories up, but how? Any input on how many calories you were getting at this point and how to get energy level up in liquid phase. Thanks for everyones responses, they are so helpful for all of us even if we don't post on each thread!