Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Sleeve in Nebraska

I just found this site and I think it's awesome. I am a 8 days post op. I had surgery May 10. Woke up in Recovery, pain was managed. Less than an hour later finds me in my room and in pain, with the Dr. having the one pain med I am allergic to on order. So I refuse it. Took them over two more hours to contact him. They put me on Dialaudid. After every IV injection, I threw it up. They did this for 24 hours before putting me on good old Percocet. Had to stay an extra day.

Got home, my stomach is quite loud. I attribute that to the bowels moving around and nothing much in them due to the liquid only diet. I haven't had the feeling of being really, really hungry, unless I am late getting my "meal". The diarrhea that I have has gone from liquid to petrified wood looking. Weird to say, I know. However, my theory is that once I am able to eat pureed foods, and actually get something into my stomach, my stools will settle. I finally felt like doing something yesterday, only to suddenly, without warning, No energy. Had to sit down. Sweats. I am a little concerned about this, however, I remind my self that not only am I just a week out, I also had a hiatal hernia they discovered and repaired, AND my surgery was completed on my 9 week post op for a right total knee. I have put my body into the blender.

I am interested in what type of nutrition schedules everyone is following. Mine seems like it's too much, and I can't get through it all each day.

I had a total left knee replacement on March 4th and came home from the hospital septic. You talk about a slow, painful recovery and P.T.!!! Anyway, I learned many years ago from my mother ,the nurse, that one never goes into the hospital without a supply of their favorite pain reliever (the one that they know works for them) within arms' reach. You found out the hard way that it takes forever for the nursing staff to get an order of anything that is not on the standing orders. You can be the North Forty that when I have my surgery on June 6th, my Percocet will be close. If I don't need it, but if I do...

:wink_smile:

I just found this site and I think it's awesome. I am a 8 days post op. I had surgery May 10. Woke up in Recovery, pain was managed. Less than an hour later finds me in my room and in pain, with the Dr. having the one pain med I am allergic to on order. So I refuse it. Took them over two more hours to contact him. They put me on Dialaudid. After every IV injection, I threw it up. They did this for 24 hours before putting me on good old Percocet. Had to stay an extra day.

Got home, my stomach is quite loud. I attribute that to the bowels moving around and nothing much in them due to the liquid only diet. I haven't had the feeling of being really, really hungry, unless I am late getting my "meal". The diarrhea that I have has gone from liquid to petrified wood looking. Weird to say, I know. However, my theory is that once I am able to eat pureed foods, and actually get something into my stomach, my stools will settle. I finally felt like doing something yesterday, only to suddenly, without warning, No energy. Had to sit down. Sweats. I am a little concerned about this, however, I remind my self that not only am I just a week out, I also had a hiatal hernia they discovered and repaired, AND my surgery was completed on my 9 week post op for a right total knee. I have put my body into the blender.

I am interested in what type of nutrition schedules everyone is following. Mine seems like it's too much, and I can't get through it all each day.

Welcome! My whole family is in and around Lincoln so it's kinda cool to meet someone "from home".

I almost came back home to have my surgery but the cost of it without insurance there was just too prohibitive.

Try to remember, you just had MAJOR surgery and it will take a lot out of you so rest up and "eat" well because your body absolutely needs it right now.

Renee`

I say just take it easy but try to get up and move around as much as you can! I'm sure your bowels will get better once you start on food, if I remember right mine were back to somewhat normal around 3 weeks but then went to the opposite after that :( LOL

I'm curious where in NE you are? I don't run into a lot of people from NE. I grew up in Lincoln and surrounding areas for the first 25 years of my life!!!

Welcome! My whole family is in and around Lincoln so it's kinda cool to meet someone "from home".

I almost came back home to have my surgery but the cost of it without insurance there was just too prohibitive.

Try to remember, you just had MAJOR surgery and it will take a lot out of you so rest up and "eat" well because your body absolutely needs it right now.

Renee`

I too LOVE meeting people from "home" and Lincoln is still "home" to me too!! I grew up in the area for the first 25 years of life and ALL my family still lives there!!

I am feeling a bit better today. Only three or four runs to the bathroom yesterday. And I have not experienced any "dumping", so I think I'm okay.

I live in Lincoln. Lived here for the first 20 years of my life, then back six years later, moved away three years after that, then settled back when my husband got out of the Army in 2000. Went to Pius X High School. Great to connect!!!

I grew up in Lincoln, Malcolm, Eagle and the rest of my family is in a small town across the boarder from South Dakota called Niobrara. I still have a lot of land there and we plan to retire with a home in lincoln and one in niobrara.

I grew up mainly in the Belmont area of lincoln and my dad still lives there. My mom lives on the other side of Lincoln in the newer section, closer to Eagle where her siblings are.

VERY COOL! I never thought I'd run into someone from "home". I took my kids back there last year and spent the winter (BIG MISTAKE!) and they had a blast with all the snow. They really didn't understand the concept of "GO BIG RED!!!!!" until they saw it first hand but now they chant it on football days...can you hear them screaming it all the way from Vegas? LOL They were raised here in Vegas so to say it was a bit of a culture shock is putting it mildly. They were stunned that "people TALK to us here....why?!?!?!" um...Midwest, they're nice. "but why? what do they want?" or the best one "Why do people wave at you when they're driving?" uhm...it's a farm thing. This was asked on our way out to Eagle and people just do...they wave...they're nice! lol Too funny, I'd forgotten the kids reaction until this morning.

Renee`