Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I started officially on my journey, starting my pre-op diet today. I have to say that while the New whey is convenient (3.5 oz and 42 grams of protein) it's freakin NASTY! My son wanted to taste it *eg*...mkay. He comes in my room all red-faced and I swear he looked like a dog that just ate a few mouthfulls of grass..."UGH that's DISGUSTING! What the heck?!?" I was doubled over in laughter on my bed in almost tears. I told him I wanted him to have a taste of what all I was willing to go through and sacrifice for this surgery and he said "I wonder how much Protein dog crap has in it, it's GOTTA taste better than that stuff!" So I asked him to do a taste test, but he declined. :rolleyes:

Low carb isn't nearly as bad as some have gone through, in fact it's way easier than most so I can't complain. The only problem I've had today is that for some reason I've spent most of the day in the bathroom with my IBS flaring up big time.

So I started officially on my journey, starting my pre-op diet today. I have to say that while the New Whey is convenient (3.5 oz and 42 grams of protein) it's freakin NASTY! My son wanted to taste it *eg*...mkay. He comes in my room all red-faced and I swear he looked like a dog that just ate a few mouthfulls of grass..."UGH that's DISGUSTING! What the heck?!?" I was doubled over in laughter on my bed in almost tears. I told him I wanted him to have a taste of what all I was willing to go through and sacrifice for this surgery and he said "I wonder how much Protein dog crap has in it, it's GOTTA taste better than that stuff!" So I asked him to do a taste test, but he declined. :rolleyes:

Low carb isn't nearly as bad as some have gone through, in fact it's way easier than most so I can't complain. The only problem I've had today is that for some reason I've spent most of the day in the bathroom with my IBS flaring up big time.

Congrats on starting your pre-op -- I will be joining you on Wednesday. I bought the New whey 42 gram Protein Shots too -- I had a feeling they would taste like crap!!! You have a great attitude -- so you are going to breeze through the pre-op diet! rolleyes.gif

You're on your way babe! How exciting? What do you have to do exactly?

Why go with a gross choice- there are some lovely ones (at least for now- they might make you puke after :blink:)

I didn't realize you have IBF too- yikes! You may face my situation- diarrhea every day so far but a teeny tiny amount. How much can clears and clear Protein drinks make?

All I have to do for pre-op with Dr. aceves is a low carb diet so it's really not a huge deal. My son grilled burgers tonight and he made mine low carb and added a few extra so I would have something to munch on. I looked around today and realized my house has very little Protein in it other than the main course we make for dinner. I guess i'm not really shocked, it seems like some days carbs are the only thing that don't bother my stomach...IBS from hell days. Like I said, maybe I'll be one of the lucky ones and my new tummy will "firm stuff up" a bit?

Meggie how the heck did you get home if you had the padooples the whole time?! I worry about driving back from Mexicali to Vegas. Do they give you something for it or can you take something for it? Nerves and stress play a huge part in my IBS so I'm trying not to worry about worrying at this point lol

Maybe I should just take a xanex and calm the hell down!

Kwik I can't wait to meet you! I'll actually be there late monday afternoon because we want a day to look around and play tourist. My friend Lynn bought the New Whey for me because you have to drink so little to get a lot out of it. Still though...UGH...Acai berry was nasty to me. Overly sweet and very vitamin-ey tasting. My daughter tasted it tonight and she loved it...go figure. Lynn is bringing me out some of the Protein powder that our friend used to sell. I craved that stuff at one time so I know I'll like it and it's not overly sweet. Not nearly as much Protein in it as the New Whey though.

Renee`

I have (had?) IBS too (C or A, not D) -- aside from a wee bit o' the runs post-op, things firmed right back up, as I suspected. Even though I still have the C from time to time (not as often as before, I don't think), I do NOT have the bloating and abdominal pain anymore. I am SO touching wood that it doesn't return!!

Good luck on your pre-op!!

Renee`, I read somewhere that we should bring Imodium bc they do not have it in Mexico. I will have some if you need any!

I was the same way when I started the low carb diet. I was vegetarian for a very long time, and I had a really hard time getting my Protein in. I am much more aware of what I am eating now and I can't wait until my next weigh in at my PCP to see how I am doing!