Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my Final food Funeral today. My SO took me one of our favorite eateries---The Keyport Fishery today as a surprise. It was a wonderful adventure to sit by the bay and watch the fishing and sailboats. I ordered my favorite shrimp platter and to my surprise I was only able to eat about half of it. I brought the rest home. It was my only meal for the day, but still I must be mentally preparing myself to eat less, because a year ago I could and would have eaten the entire platter, with fries (I did not eat any fries today), and then stopped on the way home for a waffle ice cream.

I am wondering if anyone else found that when they went for their "last pig out", they really could not eat all of it? I came home completely satisfied and have no desire for anymore food today. I will probably have a greek yogurt about 8pm, if I'm hungry. If not--it's on to tomorrow and working towards my surgery date of June 6th.

In a way, I was disappointed with my Final Food Funeral. But, all in all I am surprised and excited that I am mentally getting ready for my new road.

Any thoughts??

Valentina

I had a "pig out" for about two weeks before my pre op diet started. lol

I don't feel guilty at all either. Now 2 1/2 weeks post op I have towed the line to the letter. It is weird that if you are determined once you start you are good to go!

I had to wait about four months for my surgery date and spent at least two days for each of those weeks having food funerals. I had my final food funeral two weeks ago, we went to Chili's and I was only able to eat about half of my food. Surgery is this Thursday and I'm finding that I have more head hunger than anything else. The Soup and Protein Shakes are filling me up just fine.

i didn't have a last meal. i did a pre-op diet for 6 months and lost 56lbs. my dr. didn't make me do a liquid diet because i did so well on the pre-op. he said my liver had probably shrunk ALOT and as long as I didn't eat bad stuff before my surgery, i would still have a small liver!

I WAS AFRAID TO EAT BADLY!!

Kelly :D

I don't have to do a liquid diet pr-op either. I've been on the program for 4 months now and have lost about 36lbs. Maybe that is partly why I was more than comfortable leaving the fries and bringing half of the meal home. My Dr. allows a food funeral as long as one has done well on the program and is committed to getting back on the wagon before two weeks prior to surgery. I was just pleasantly surprised that I am as mentally ready as I am.

i didn't have a last meal. i did a pre-op diet for 6 months and lost 56lbs. my dr. didn't make me do a liquid diet because i did so well on the pre-op. he said my liver had probably shrunk ALOT and as long as I didn't eat bad stuff before my surgery, i would still have a small liver!

I WAS AFRAID TO EAT BADLY!!

Kelly :D

I did a food funeral only at dinner for about 3 days before i started my pre-op diet (last friday). I did wings and fries one night, chipotle and then pizza...I didnt go crazy, moderate amounts of each but now i'm really focused on my pre-op diet though it seems to get rougher at night, probably b/c i'm settling in and realizing i have had about 690 calories, all of which were liquid! 3 days down, 11 to go!!!

My surgery will be on June 6th, so you lead the way!! This morning I am back on track with my pre-op program. This Sunday, I start my two week count down. I do not regret my food Funeral one wee bit. I will always have fond memories of yesterday at the Keyport Fishery. I'm sure we will go back after my surgery and laugh about how much I eat.

I will include you in my chit chat with God for a uneventful surgery and recovery. Good luck, my friend. Lead On!!!!

Valentina

I did a food funeral only at dinner for about 3 days before i started my pre-op diet (last friday). I did wings and fries one night, chipotle and then pizza...I didnt go crazy, moderate amounts of each but now i'm really focused on my pre-op diet though it seems to get rougher at night, probably b/c i'm settling in and realizing i have had about 690 calories, all of which were liquid! 3 days down, 11 to go!!!

Yes...I also found my food funerals not only tougher to eat my old normal amount....but also that they just weren't worth pigging out on you know? I am almost 1 week down of preop diet and am down 15 pounds. 1 week to go...surgery on May 24th. Goodluck and keep up your great work!! Joan